Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > 3x more off topic posts?
Are you getting Stargate SG-1 ?
Yes, brand new episodes!
Yes, but they're repeats, or I've seen them already.
Not at all.
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Goa`uld
Descended God

3x more off topic posts?

I notice there are lots more off topic posts than general forum posts, which might be a reflection that a lot of people aren't getting sg-1 in their area, or are seeing repeats.

I'm sort of seeing repeats, episodes that I've already seen on the Internet, and there is not as much hype about them the second time around for me to rant about how much i loved the curse, or hated entity etc...

So here is a little poll, are you getting sg-1, repeats, or not at all?

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 10-29-2001 06:18 PM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

getting new ones, but read detailed spoilers for so long, seen so many discussions, and seen some other stuff, that i generally see 3/4 of the episode and dont even cry, which i used to do before if i missed any......what?

so basically, whatever!

Old Post 10-29-2001 08:03 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Well, I'm not sure what to post; theres a new ep once a week, and millions of repeats on various channels. One of you two can vote for me.

Old Post 10-29-2001 08:13 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

Perhaps it's because in the off Topic Forum you can talk about anything not related to SG-1 and also information on the site itself so people tend to post Meaningless crap, have conversations about the weather with other people on the boards at the same time and what not.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 10-29-2001 08:24 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Ash Man

I'm getting 4 new season four eppys per month, but as most of these have already been discussed long ago, theres not much point in me starting topics on them, as there'll probably only be a couple of people who reply.

ash

Old Post 10-29-2001 08:47 PM
The Ash Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Ash Man Click here to Send The Ash Man a Private Message Find more posts by The Ash Man Add The Ash Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

quote:
Originally posted by Indiana
Meaningless crap,

And so it should have a capital m! But speaking of, shouldn't this be in the off topic then? (I'm not trying to undermine the mods, just wondering!!) What exactly is the general forum for?

Old Post 10-29-2001 08:49 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

I originally posted this in off topic, but then realized it was stargate related! Since my hypothesis was that more off topic posts happen when people are seeing old eps.

But it seems a lot of you are getting brand new eps... then again that should be reflecting in the plots/episodes and schedules forums.

Old Post 10-29-2001 09:32 PM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

I'm kind of in ur situation G. I am getting new episodes on Sky One, but I've seen them on the net. I've only seen up to the 11th episode in Season Five. That's as far as desperate measures. So when Wormhole Extreme comes on I will be watching new episodes that I have not seen yet. I do prefer the episodes from Video and Stream though. The videos are double the size and are in .avi format they are of better quality than the asfs.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 10-29-2001 09:45 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

When new episodes come up on video and stream make sure you tell me, i think i'll put in the extra few hours to get it from there.

Old Post 10-29-2001 11:26 PM
Jaffa, Kree!

I'm in the same boat as G, duh, but most times i usually forget that we ARE getting "new" episodes, considering i saw them.. what, a year ago...?

I gave up reading major spoilers, cause i felt that by the time i actually saw the ep, the suspense and enjoyment had gone out of it.

Old Post 10-29-2001 11:59 PM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

Yeah I've tried to stop reading spoilers too, but have to click on spoiler threads in the plots and episodes forum to check for spoiler space, and end up getting sucked in to reading more and more until I know everything!

Old Post 10-30-2001 02:43 AM
Jaffa, Kree!

heh yeah i have that problem too!!! thankfully, most of the spoilers here are only teaser like, not 'step by step synopsis of the episodes'.. and anyway, we usually see them by the time anyone could have up any decent spoilage

Old Post 10-30-2001 07:11 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

The US in in repeats, the UK is in new episodes but the ones already seen in the US and downloaded by folk, and discussed in depth. Once we all get on new episodes things should pick up again.

It's so hard to avoid spoilers. There are some threads I've never gone it just to avoid 'em. Even then they slip through!

Last edited by shiloh on 10-30-2001 at 05:10 PM

Old Post 10-30-2001 05:07 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Naquada
Ugly Bloke

4 Weeks I believe till the UK gets new episodes so long as they don't have a mid-season break, which is possible coz at the moment we are on courseto be 6 episodes ahead of showtime instead of 2 episodes like it has been in previous years.

Old Post 10-31-2001 02:03 AM
Naquada is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Naquada Click here to Send Naquada a Private Message Find more posts by Naquada Add Naquada to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

really..? is that cause they started early, or cause showtime is starting late next year...?

Old Post 10-31-2001 03:26 AM