Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > GATERS FAQ - everyone please read
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jaffa, Kree!

Exclamation GATERS FAQ - everyone please read

Its in final drafting stages, feel free to post comments and opinions, changes or suggestions either here, or on the comments page beneath the FAQ.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/gaters

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 09-11-2002 04:00 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DEATH
I AM YOUR DOOM

why arnt i mentioned

im quite offended

Old Post 09-11-2002 05:08 AM
DEATH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DEATH Click here to Send DEATH a Private Message Find more posts by DEATH Add DEATH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

lol... and where did you want to be mentioned, exactly..?

Old Post 09-11-2002 05:16 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Captn Carter
So I can do this....

*note too self - read FAQ's more often.. they have answers to questions you never thought too ask*

For a little bit of Aussie with your Sci-fi
Austr-alien.com

Old Post 09-11-2002 05:16 AM
Captn Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Captn Carter Click here to Send Captn Carter a Private Message Visit Captn Carter's homepage! Find more posts by Captn Carter Add Captn Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DEATH
I AM YOUR DOOM

i dont know just slip my name in as a mention of how not to post

Old Post 09-11-2002 06:26 AM
DEATH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DEATH Click here to Send DEATH a Private Message Find more posts by DEATH Add DEATH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shaneo

Hosting it on livejournal of all places is very tacky. If ur only planning on having the draft there and later updating the one here @ Gaters, i think it looks gr8.. (PS: Did i mention.. Livejournal is tacky)

Old Post 09-11-2002 06:28 AM
Shaneo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shaneo Click here to Send Shaneo a Private Message Visit Shaneo's homepage! Find more posts by Shaneo Add Shaneo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

i am well aware that LJ is tacky, but a) i dont have webspace, b) it was originally only put there as a draft for the mods to see, c) it allows people to comment on it directly without me doing anything and d) gaters would have been a bad place to put it (ie: within posts)

Yes, eventually it will be part of this site.

Old Post 09-11-2002 06:48 AM
Shaneo

Then like i said.. It looks Gr8

Old Post 09-11-2002 06:50 AM
Shaneo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shaneo Click here to Send Shaneo a Private Message Visit Shaneo's homepage! Find more posts by Shaneo Add Shaneo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

quote:
A normal thread can be ?promoted? to an announcement (messages found in the centre of the main page) by a moderator, if they think it is something that will interest the greater majority of the gaters.net population (eg: an episode available online, or a change to the forums), if it is an official fandom announcement (eg: interviews with cast or producers) or just anything of interest.

You can't turn a normal thread into an announcement. You can promote to news, but you need to go through the mod panel to do an announcement.

Old Post 09-11-2002 08:45 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Captn Carter
So I can do this....

And the difference between News and Annoucements? I don't think I've seen one of them yet...

For a little bit of Aussie with your Sci-fi
Austr-alien.com

Old Post 09-11-2002 09:40 AM
Captn Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Captn Carter Click here to Send Captn Carter a Private Message Visit Captn Carter's homepage! Find more posts by Captn Carter Add Captn Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

ah yes, my mistake, thanks for picking that up.

Old Post 09-11-2002 10:18 AM
Goa`uld
Descended God

Instead of linking to an outside site, you should make the FAQ an announcement. Maybe that will let you bypass the word limit.

Old Post 09-11-2002 12:24 PM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zepher
dreamer

Well, given that I am relatively new to this kind of thing, I think the FAQ was great! - Not having been on any other sites/forums etc and a complete techno nerd, I didn't know what I didn't know, so the 'stuff' (my kind of technical term) about double posting was cool, there I was doing it and not knowing how or why and too to ask, couldn't find it in the title bar FAQ. So my thanks, I will try and learn the protocols, rules etc but not lose sight of the fact that I think this is supposed to be a fun thing to do and a fun place to exchange comments etc.

Old Post 09-11-2002 01:03 PM
zepher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zepher Click here to Send zepher a Private Message Find more posts by zepher Add zepher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

A Who's Who would be good, another forum I post at, they have an implementation of a feature like that, the main posters who post the most have a kind of "This is Us" page where you can see all their pics, read a bit about them etc. I will make another example thing up.

EDIT: Sigh, can't be bothered making up a demo, so here's the darn url.

Last edited by Bose-Einstein on 09-11-2002 at 09:24 PM

Old Post 09-11-2002 04:08 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

That's just people's pictures, JK could link the pic thread. (Haven't read the full thing yet)
I'll take this line in future, should be friendly enough.

quote:
The search function is your friend?.

And... you're gonna , but you spelt resurrecting wrong (under the do's and don'ts, reading through archives section).

Old Post 09-11-2002 09:48 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote