Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > Post your desktops!
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

quote:
Originally posted by Indiana
KC - I like the pic. It has to be Treebeard

Sam K - Ur one rocks.

Ash - That's a lame excuse

Goa'uld - Why do you bother with a wallpaper? You can't see what's on it coz of all the files.

Sam K, the picture of the other Sam looks major scary. Major Scary Carter. "You mentioned my looks over my IQ for the last time....now you die. Slowly....and painfully!!!

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 02-06-2002 06:20 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

quote:
Originally posted by Bose-Einstein
"You mentioned my looks over my IQ for the last time....now you die. Slowly....and painfully!!!
I'm confused. What does this mean?

Old Post 02-06-2002 06:42 PM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

Look at Sam K's desktop, and imagine Sam C saying that.

Old Post 02-06-2002 06:51 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam K
Ice Queen

Heh. I love that pic for that very reason. She looks so badass. (Can I say that here?)

I loved her expression when Jack shot her (the first time) in that episode (Entity). It was even better than the pic I'm using. Or even worse... depending on your point of view.

Old Post 02-06-2002 09:34 PM
Sam K is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam K Click here to Send Sam K a Private Message Visit Sam K's homepage! Find more posts by Sam K Add Sam K to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

quote:

Goa'uld - Why do you bother with a wallpaper? You can't see what's on it coz of all the files.

I wish I could make the icons transparent... I never use them anyway..
the only time I use my desktop is through the "save as" and "open" dialogues in programs - where there is no wallpaper.

Old Post 02-07-2002 01:05 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

Goa'uld, to make an icon transparent, create a blank white image in Paint (32x32) and when saving it, name it "Blank.ico" and there you have it?an invisible icon.

The hard part is setting the computer to plaster that blank icon into every program application. I must warn you, though, that not only will the icon be invisible on the Desktop, it'll be invisible in folders, too.

In short, there's an easy way to make invisble icons, but the disadvantages may outweigh the advantages of actually using it.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 02-07-2002 02:06 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

errrr... that's not what I meant.

Old Post 02-07-2002 05:44 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

Ah icons on desktops...*hisses* Hate cluttered desktops

Old Post 02-07-2002 04:44 PM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kristy
Go suck a lemon

Well I tried, but I cant get the pic to show or the url to show right, perhaps I will post when Im able to get it to show :/

Last edited by Kristy on 02-07-2002 at 05:11 PM

Old Post 02-07-2002 04:59 PM
Kristy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kristy Click here to Send Kristy a Private Message Visit Kristy's homepage! Find more posts by Kristy Add Kristy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Ash Man

Talking and this is my other computer...

recognise the wallpaper indy?

Old Post 02-07-2002 08:29 PM
The Ash Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Ash Man Click here to Send The Ash Man a Private Message Find more posts by The Ash Man Add The Ash Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

quote:
recognise the wallpaper indy?

Indeed. Among one of my first Wallpapers that was.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 02-07-2002 09:11 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

Here's a more up to date look at mine.

Old Post 02-07-2002 09:13 PM
Venus

Of... ?

Old Post 02-07-2002 10:03 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Ash Man

Wink Goa`uld you naughty boy

isn't it only brits who are supposed to use this software?

Old Post 02-07-2002 10:19 PM
The Ash Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Ash Man Click here to Send The Ash Man a Private Message Find more posts by The Ash Man Add The Ash Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

no... I don't think so??!

that gandalf guy looks like RDA

Old Post 02-07-2002 10:25 PM