Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Anise
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Venus

Anise

Just interested in what you thought of the character. Overall, fans seemed to think she was (insert appropriate swearword or condemning insult here, ie space slut), but personally, I didn't think she was that bad.

Last edited by Venus on 10-31-2001 at 06:28 PM

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 10-31-2001 06:19 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

Well I did think she was [insert invective here], mostly because of the way she was dressed and behaved (which is the writer's and producer's fault, not the actresses). She was a pretty blatent attempt to pander to the young males. I liked the idea of a Tok'ra archeologist conflicting with Jack and getting along with Daniel, and I wish that's the way they'd developed the character.

Instead we got Seven of Tok'ra. Tok'ra Barbie. Tok'ra Spice. Bah.

Old Post 10-31-2001 08:08 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JoJo
Sam/McKay Shipper

Shiloh is right, they could have developed the character and gotten good love triangle (quadrangle?) going between Anise, Freya, Jack, and Daniel. Maybe even throw Sam into the mix. But they had to ruin it by casting Seven of Tokra.

I've seen hookers more tastefully dressed!

Old Post 10-31-2001 08:52 PM
JoJo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JoJo Click here to Send JoJo a Private Message Visit JoJo's homepage! Find more posts by JoJo Add JoJo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Ash Man

Indeed

I'd heard alot about Anise/Freya before I actually saw her in Upgrades, and to be honest I didn't think she was amazingly attractive.

I thought the character was utter crap, and the acting was bad... it didn't help with the fact that her first episode made her out to be a bad guy...

ash

Old Post 10-31-2001 09:46 PM
The Ash Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Ash Man Click here to Send The Ash Man a Private Message Find more posts by The Ash Man Add The Ash Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ColJ
Jack O'Neill's De-briefer

Thumbs down

Like Shiloh said, a female Tok'ra scientist/archeologist could have been a good character but they ruined it with the rubber boobs slutty outfits and the Jack/ Freya thing.

Old Post 11-01-2001 04:54 AM
ColJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ColJ Click here to Send ColJ a Private Message Find more posts by ColJ Add ColJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

Er...it's Stargate? it's about time we had half naked women in it. Why does no one complain about half naked Sha'nok?

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 11-01-2001 02:33 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JoJo
Sam/McKay Shipper

Sha'nok didn't look like a 2 buck hooker.

Old Post 11-01-2001 02:53 PM
JoJo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JoJo Click here to Send JoJo a Private Message Visit JoJo's homepage! Find more posts by JoJo Add JoJo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

She was still half naked though? I don't think that's a nice thing to say about someone. Would you like to be called a 2 buck hooker?

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 11-01-2001 03:06 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

yes.... i would kill to be called a two buck hooker!

Old Post 11-01-2001 04:12 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Well... that seems pretty unamimous, although I think that's it mean to hate the actress when it was the producers who (metaporically speaking) ... dressed her.

Old Post 11-01-2001 06:23 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

Maybe not so metaphorically (nudge nudge wink wink).

Spoiler:
not starting a rumor, just making a joke!

Old Post 11-01-2001 08:01 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

quote:
Originally posted by Indiana
Why does no one complain about half naked Sha'nok?

'Cos she's *good*. The Tok'ra are *bad* according to Jacks attitude. See what power the producers have over us?!

Old Post 11-01-2001 08:40 PM
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Shau'noc was in Oh Brother Where Art Thou you know? She played one of the sirens.

Old Post 11-01-2001 09:48 PM
Venus

She was in Buffy too. Praying Mantis lady... And Wild Wild West.

Old Post 11-02-2001 06:35 AM
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

i knew i had seen her somewhere before... but god she looked old in the buffy episode.. much prettier in stargate..
oh and vannesa angel was in wierd science as well... she was just as bad!

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Old Post 11-03-2001 09:28 AM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote