Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > How do we REALLY see Sam?
What do you think Sam wears when no ones looking?
This poll is closed.
Simple white cotton and comfortable. 16 45.71%
Men's boxers and a sports bra. 5 14.29%
Lacy bra and french cut lacy panties in white. 5 14.29%
Black silk women's boxers and lace bra. 0 0%
Day-glo yellow thong panties and a like bra. 1 2.86%
Black silk panties with an angel's face... 2 5.71%
A real, whale-bone corset and stockings. 1 2.86%
Panties? What panties? Maybe a G-string... 3 8.57%
Leather... 2 5.71%
Wonder Woman Underoos (tm) 0 0%
Total: 35 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

How do we REALLY see Sam?

They say our clothes reflect our personality...

...and since Sam's a bit limited on her exterior wardrobe...

How do we think she really is on the inside, as reflected by the clothes only she usually sees?

What do you think she wears when there are no other requirements? (Off-world sweatiness, changing in the locker room... etc.)

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Last edited by Goa`uld on 08-04-2002 at 01:07 PM

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 08-04-2002 06:42 AM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Captn Carter
So I can do this....

We've seen Sam outside the SGC.. she's always in something really nice, but comfortable and casual.
*winces*
I don't really wanna think about her underwear, but I went the first one....

For a little bit of Aussie with your Sci-fi
Austr-alien.com

Old Post 08-04-2002 07:10 AM
Captn Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Captn Carter Click here to Send Captn Carter a Private Message Visit Captn Carter's homepage! Find more posts by Captn Carter Add Captn Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

I think that she would wear a lacy bra and french cut lacy panties in white. All day every day you see her in clothes that in no way would make anyone feel like a women. So I bet that just to make her feel special and like a women she would wear that.

Old Post 08-04-2002 08:33 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Ever heard the saying "like a kid in a candy store"?

Sigh, I chose the no underwear option, but it was such a close run thing!

Old Post 08-04-2002 10:12 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

this thread disturbs me on so many levels.

Old Post 08-04-2002 10:32 AM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

Okay, nug, perhaps a bit more explanation...

Sam doesn't get to select what she wears on the outside most of the time...

...Uniforms are very much at the whim of the people in charge and don't reflect the influence (much, but that's another story) of the person wearing it.

She also will probably tailor what she wears when she knows someone else will see it so that she gives what she thinks is the right impression.

What I'm asking is what gaters think she wears that no one else sees (regularly) as sort of an insight in to how the gaters view the character of Sam...

...for example, El Presidente thinks she's secretly a super-hot babe under a cool exterior.

So far, most of the others think she's a very practical person inside...

...and Chameleon explains her why very well herself.

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

Old Post 08-04-2002 06:43 PM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

*shivers* imagine what amanda would say if she ever saw this

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Old Post 08-04-2002 06:56 PM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Otis
Egyptaholic

There's a difference depending on where she's going. If it's for a Jack encounter I think se's wearing leather pants and nothing else!

Old Post 08-04-2002 06:56 PM
Otis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Otis Click here to Send Otis a Private Message Find more posts by Otis Add Otis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vern
ADSL Pirate

I dont think Sam would be a fetish queen. Or someone who wants a change of scenery, and auditions at strip clubs. Boxers or dayglo... naah.
So is suppose its gotta be 'Lacy bra and french cut lacy panties in white'
That's what she goes and buys on her escapist shopping day's from the SGC.

Wouldn't it be funny if someone gave AT the results at a con

Old Post 08-04-2002 07:00 PM
Vern is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vern Click here to Send Vern a Private Message Visit Vern's homepage! Find more posts by Vern Add Vern to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

I would be interested in how she would vote...

...and whether her vote would differ from what she,as Amanda Tapping, wears.

Old Post 08-04-2002 07:19 PM
Rithmah
Got Vespa?

Location: On the potak taking a shitak in the peltak with Selmak on Delmak

Maybe it's just me, but why all the fuss about Sam's undies? I, personally, have no desire to envision what's under her BDUs.

I do think, however, that she's a pretty sharp dresser off-duty. If only I had half the fashion-sense she does...

I have a Vespa and two cats!

Old Post 08-04-2002 08:44 PM
Rithmah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rithmah Click here to Send Rithmah a Private Message Find more posts by Rithmah Add Rithmah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

Okay, one more time...

...What we choose to wear is a reflection of how we see ourselves.

What we think other people wear is a reflection of how we see them...

...I'm looking for how we see the Character of Sam, behind the facade (if one) she presents to others.

Do we see her as practical? Utilitarian? With a secret in her heart? or something else...

Considering how little influence she has on her outer clothes and how much others may influence her civilian clothes...

...her undies (or lack there of) are indicative of what she feels about herself.

Old Post 08-04-2002 08:57 PM
Rithmah
Got Vespa?

I know well enough about all the psychological and practical reasons why people wear different types of underwear.

But do you really need to know what type of undergarments Sam wears to completely understand her personality? Don't actions, habits, life off-duty, etc reveal this?

I'm thinking this has less to do about Sam's personality than it is imaging her in her underwear (or lack thereof). If it wasn't, why the focus on the undies? Why not her shoes or her socks or even her perfume?

Just a thought...

Old Post 08-04-2002 09:14 PM
Rithmah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rithmah Click here to Send Rithmah a Private Message Find more posts by Rithmah Add Rithmah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

Actually, it's not about her undies...

...it's about what gaters think she wears.

It's the poll taker's view I'm interested in.

Why undies versus perfume or socks and shoes?

Let's see...

I was limited to 10 options, maximum, and needed a simple shorthand with emotional implications.

I'm a guy and I'm clueless about perfumes and their implied meaning... and I assume most guys are.

Shoes are something we get to see on the shoe and there is out there on what she wears.

Socks, like perfume, have only a limited use for implications for most people.

So, I stuck with undies as the simplest most logical option.

Besides, the visuals generated aren't that bad...

Last edited by Deathbunny on 08-04-2002 at 09:31 PM

Old Post 08-04-2002 09:28 PM
Rithmah
Got Vespa?

LOL. At least you're honest.

Old Post 08-04-2002 09:31 PM