Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Is the Stargate two-way?
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
carl
Stargazer

Question Is the Stargate two-way?

When you dial-out to another world using the Stargate, can matter cross both ways? ie. Can someone from Earth walk through the gate as well as someone from the other planet walk through to Earth? I've always wondered that.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 06-15-2002 12:11 PM
carl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for carl Click here to Send carl a Private Message Visit carl's homepage! Find more posts by carl Add carl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

Nope. It is explained in the movie. Matter can only go one way. From the point of O to the other gate. That was one of the main points of the movie.

Old Post 06-15-2002 12:12 PM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Electo-magnetic waves can but matter will get destoyed. It was shown in 100 days when the MALP kept falling back into the wormhole and evaporating.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 06-15-2002 12:38 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

evaporating? *giggles* Disintegrating you mean? Or is it a liquid malp

Old Post 06-15-2002 03:47 PM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

well, it could sublime... anyway

Old Post 06-15-2002 03:52 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

quote:
Originally posted by nug
evaporating? *giggles* Disintegrating you mean? Or is it a liquid malp

Yeah, yeah, yeah shuddup, I had just finshed studying heat when I posted that. There's my excuse.

Old Post 06-15-2002 04:53 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thor Jr
Live Long and don't die

that was a thought I always had, as someone stated in a previous thread, the malps must cost a good penny each, and the amount of worlds they must send malps too that just go ca-booy straight away, I would think they would have made a much simpler thing, like a video camera on a remote control car, nice and cheap :P, if that got through, then they could then send a full scientific malp.

I think that does let the program down a little, a background theme is constantly about the money being spent on the project, and the lack of cool stuff being retrieved.

Thor Jr

Old Post 06-15-2002 10:02 PM
Thor Jr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Thor Jr Click here to Send Thor Jr a Private Message Find more posts by Thor Jr Add Thor Jr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
carl
Stargazer

Hmmm good point Thor Jr. Thanx for the replies dude I have that figured out now.

Old Post 06-16-2002 01:02 AM
carl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for carl Click here to Send carl a Private Message Visit carl's homepage! Find more posts by carl Add carl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
carl
Stargazer

oh now I come to think of it I have another question.

Can light travel both ways? Because aren't electromagnetic waves forms of light anyway? (Or something like that, they're related :S)

Old Post 06-16-2002 01:04 AM
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

Yes it can. All explained in Season 6 ep 2 Red part 2. Sam talks all about that.

Old Post 06-16-2002 01:36 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

No, it can't. If it could when you looked through an active wormhole you'd see the planet on the other side.

There used to be a thread about it but it must have been too long agao because I can't find it know.

Old Post 06-16-2002 07:47 AM
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

I thought that light could. Bugger silly me. I got rocked.

Old Post 06-16-2002 08:24 AM
Wingless Flyer

light can't pass through the wormhole because the Event Horizon is not transparent

Old Post 06-16-2002 11:13 AM
Wingless Flyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wingless Flyer Click here to Send Wingless Flyer a Private Message Find more posts by Wingless Flyer Add Wingless Flyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shellz

But then why does the event horizon emmit light? Wouldn't it be darker if no light came through?

Old Post 06-16-2002 09:16 PM
shellz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shellz Click here to Send shellz a Private Message Visit shellz's homepage! Find more posts by shellz Add shellz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

maybe it's a refelctive surface..?

and Thor Jr - i now have an image of Jack, ala WoO, controlling a little remote controlled car, driving it all around the SGC, then loosing it when it zooms through an open wormhole....

Old Post 06-17-2002 02:47 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote