Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > James Bond
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lnt.kaos
Grrrrrr!

James Bond - Die Another Day

I was amazed to find that no one had started a thread for this is. So here u go:

What did u think off this film?

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-25-2002 07:55 PM
Lnt.kaos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lnt.kaos Click here to Send Lnt.kaos a Private Message Find more posts by Lnt.kaos Add Lnt.kaos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Red Spud
with a dislike for twats

i thought it was an excellent addition to the series, something that i don't think was accomplished in either Tomorrow Never Dies or World is not Enough.

i liked the way it went back to the roots of the Bond universe (i.e the OTT villans and the big secret lair and big secret big-scale weapon) while at the same time updating the film with modern day techniques (like the speeding and slowing of the film speed). And the numerous references and in-jokes to the previous movies.

i infact liked every minute of it, i think Lee Tamahori (the director) is probably the best man to ever have made an impact on the Bond series since Martin Campbell and GoldenEye.

Industrial Light & Magic jokingly created " The Stephen Sommers Scale" to measure the extent of digital effects used in a given movie scene: the upper end of the scale, called "What Steve Sommers Wants," comes right after "Oh God, The Computer's About To Crash!"

Old Post 11-25-2002 07:59 PM
Red Spud is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Red Spud Click here to Send Red Spud a Private Message Visit Red Spud's homepage! Find more posts by Red Spud Add Red Spud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

I've only seen the previews and it looks like a better movie than the previous ones with Brosnan. One one hand it's bringing back the magic of the old movies, and on the other it's modernising certain concepts about the series, such as the 'bond girls' having a more consequential rather than ornamental role.

Old Post 11-25-2002 08:07 PM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

i loved it! but my effing boyfriend would not stop nit-picking the entire wat through it!

"He can't that do that. That's so unrealistic!"
Yes he bloody well can, he's james bond!

ah well. Loved it. Love all the 007 movis

although the invisible car was a little more than a tad unrealistic. It was driving through snow and no snow on the tires?

Old Post 11-25-2002 09:36 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

was driving through ice wasnt it?

I must watch this film, I take it you didnt like it Goa`uld?

Old Post 11-25-2002 09:49 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

I want to see it, but havent had the time, but it looks good

Albert Einstein

Old Post 11-25-2002 11:21 PM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

Yes, Bond films are always unrealistic...

However...

...the visual of a red Italian supercar "lawn darted" into a rice field with a peasant going by leading a donkey...

...had me cracking up like you wouldn't believe.

Miranda Frost...

...so hot!

Feminine, pale skin, wielding a sword ...

*shivers*

I dig chicks with swords...

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Old Post 11-26-2002 02:32 AM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

quote:
I dig chicks with swords...

I prefer to use a shovel

Old Post 11-26-2002 04:21 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

Sorry...

...I prefer my women alive!

(It's a warmth fetish, maybe.)

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Old Post 11-26-2002 04:32 AM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bikemancs
See you in January

oh god you guys!

anyways It looks good...probably see it this weekend (thanksgiving) all I can say is: BOND GIRLS RULE

I will see you next year because that's when I'll be back on. have a merry christmas a Happy New Year and a good holiday for those of you for whom the above does not apply.

ANUBIS you still have to send me your pic!!!!!!! :angry:

Old Post 11-26-2002 04:37 AM
bikemancs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bikemancs Click here to Send bikemancs a Private Message Visit bikemancs's homepage! Find more posts by bikemancs Add bikemancs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

rofl Goa'uld.

I know what you mean Db, men with swords does it for me every time

Film was ok. Though the whole being betrayed by someone he slept with was done in the last film. They could have a least waited a while before redoing it.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 11-26-2002 10:49 AM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

quote:
Originally posted by Kamakazi Casper
men with swords does it for me every time

OMG, bows and arrows!!! And pointy ears!! And... OK, I'm done...

Yeah, wasn't gonna go see this film originally, planning to go see it now... Though having read KC's post, I've figured out most fo the plto...

Old Post 11-26-2002 11:14 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

The thread was about the film, of course it will have spoilers.

Besides, never said which one did I?

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 11-26-2002 11:15 AM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
missile
i said peanuts

yes BOND is the best and hez British, i will see this film tomorrow, and return and comment on it

Old Post 11-26-2002 11:53 AM
missile is offline Click Here to See the Profile for missile Click here to Send missile a Private Message Find more posts by missile Add missile to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

Bond's the best. There was a layer of snow on the ice. Plus when the water was pouring down in the ice palace you should have been able to see the car because the water would have poured off around it.

Who's everyone's fave bond? In order of preference:
Sean Connery
Pierce Brosnan
Roger Moore
Timothy Dalton
George Lazenby

Old Post 11-26-2002 12:00 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote