Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > Glenn Quinn
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kiya
lusus naturae

quote:
Originally posted by Sam:
I just came in here to express how I felt about Glenn Quinn's death, but all this negativity is destroying my little world, where gaters is a non-violent place......

As the author of this thread, I'd just like to second that. I started it because I found Glenn Quinn's death shocking and saddening; the cause, in the end, no longer matters.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-14-2002 12:33 PM
kiya is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kiya Click here to Send kiya a Private Message Find more posts by kiya Add kiya to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Genes

Well said.

My sincerest apologies...

Drea
xXx

Blue Genes' Blog

Old Post 12-14-2002 07:43 PM
Blue Genes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Genes Click here to Send Blue Genes a Private Message Visit Blue Genes's homepage! Find more posts by Blue Genes Add Blue Genes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Keep it civil guys, express your love for Quinn or I will lock this... on request of thread starter.

Old Post 12-15-2002 02:24 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

I HEART CENSORSHIP.

Old Post 12-16-2002 12:36 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tiger

Sad to see him depart so young. I never really watched Angel in the first season. i saw the character beliefly once, personally didn't care for him, but I only saw a little. thought he was annoying (the character, not the actor). I read a bit on the net that said he was written out because of problems, but neither he nor Mutant Enemy discussed anymore than that.

Can someone fill me in on:
1. the character?
2. why he really left?
3. was Angel better off with or without the character?

Old Post 12-16-2002 07:47 PM
Tiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tiger Click here to Send Tiger a Private Message Find more posts by Tiger Add Tiger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

#1. The character was named "Doyle", and he was basically a sidekick. He was half demon, and could get visions. The visions would lead Angel to someone who needed help.

#2. Why he really left. Dunno. JW always maintained that he always intended that Doyle was going to be a short lived character, and I've never heard any scuttlebutt to the contrary. Doyle's "visions" were transferred to Cordelia, and Doyle's role as sidekick went to Wesley.

#3. When Doyle left a lot of fans were upset because they'd come to like the character a lot in a very short amount of time, and all anyone knew of Wesley at the time was based on Buffy. Wesley, in Buffy, was - IMHO - wimpy, whiney, and stupid. But in Angel he's changed dramatically and is perhaps the most complex and interesting character on the show. Personally I think the Angel is better off for having the Wesley character as he exists now.

Now, whether #2 is true - whether JW always intended to get rid of Doyle, or whether there were any behind-the-scenes problems, I don't know. Like I said, I've *NEVER* heard anything to the contrary, and it would be wrong to speculate.

Old Post 12-16-2002 08:38 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

more on #1 - just before he 'died' he passed on the 'visions', which were from 'the powers that be' (the god like ones, not the tv-producer type ones), onto Cordy, and if you've seen anything in the last two seasons, you'll know what kind of effect they had on *her*

Old Post 12-17-2002 12:39 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam
Supergirl

on #2 - There were also rumours that he had been forced to leave due to drug abuse. Whether there's any truth behind that, I'm not sure....

blog

Old Post 12-17-2002 07:53 AM
Sam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam Click here to Send Sam a Private Message Visit Sam's homepage! Find more posts by Sam Add Sam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tiger

Thanks for the filling in. JK, Shiloh and Sam

I watch Angel now and completely agree Wesley is now the most interesting character. very edgy.

Old Post 12-17-2002 05:54 PM
Tiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tiger Click here to Send Tiger a Private Message Find more posts by Tiger Add Tiger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

I don't want to die a normal death. Something spectacular. I want to be killed twice like something on 007.

Old Post 12-17-2002 09:06 PM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

He didn't die twice he faked his own death.

Old Post 12-17-2002 10:40 PM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
Thanks for the filling in. JK, Shiloh and Sam

I watch Angel now and completely agree Wesley is now the most interesting character. very edgy.

now, yeah but in the beginning of Angel he was a L0s3r. Lame, as it were. i had much objection to him. but the dynamic between the characters was brilliant, of course.

Old Post 12-18-2002 01:44 AM