Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Fan Fiction > fic: Ice Dreams
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
skydiver

fic: Ice Dreams

Title- Ice Dreams
Author- Denise
E-mail - [email protected]
Category- Humor
Archive Anywhere but please link to the page on my own site
http://www.geocities.com/sky_diver1...y/icedreams.htm
Season- 6
Spoilers ? Meridian, Abyss
Rating- PG
Content Warning- Extreme silliness
Summary- so?they serve Ben and Jerry's at the SGC?
Disclaimer Stargate Sg-1 and its characters are the property of Stargate (II) Productions,
Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This story is for
entertainment purposes only and no money exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The
original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author. This story may not be posted
elsewhere without the consent of the author

Ice Dreams
By
Denise

Jack rolled over, a growl rumbling in the back of his throat as the incessant ringing of a phone pulled him
from a fantastic dream. He picked up the phone, cocking his arm to toss it against the wall of his quarters.

He sighed and lowered the device, remembering the last time he'd given into the impulse. Three days, eight
forms in triplicate and one dressing down from Siler later, he'd sworn never to destroy government property
again unless it was fate of the world time.

"O'Neill," he growled into the receiver, taking no small amount of satisfaction in the startled gulp coming
from the other end.

"Umm?sir, we need you in the commissary right away, sir," he heard a voice say. It wasn't anyone he
recognized, but that wasn't unusual, not anymore. The SGC had grown in the last six years and more often
than not he found himself not recognizing the faces he met in the halls.

"Why?"

"It's aah...well?umm? we just need you sir?now," the voice said, unease and a touch of panic making it
crack.

Jack sighed heavily. "Ok. But this damn well better be good or you're gonna be repainting the ramp with a
nail polish brush," Jack threatened. He slammed down the phone and levered himself out of bed.
Fortunately, when he slept on base, he never truly got undressed so it took him just minutes to put on his
boots and over shirt, hoping that no one was going to be too picky about his wrinkled pants.

He stalked to the commissary, scaring a few green airmen along the way. "Sargent! What is so all fire
important that you had to drag me out of my nice warm bunk in the wee hours of the morning," he
demanded, spying the rather scared looking chief cook.

"Umm?." Apparently speechless, the man just made a follow me gesture and led Jack back into the
bowels of the kitchen. Since other planets didn't quite abide by Earth's diurnal cycle, teams left and arrived
at all hours of the day and night. Which necessitated that the SGC's kitchen be just like it's infirmary, on
call 24/7.

He led Jack past steaming pots and simmering ovens to the large walk in freezer that dominated one corner
of the kitchen. "There, sir," he said.

Jack looked at the stainless steel surface, internally wincing at how the fluorescent light glinted off his gray
hair. When the hell had it gotten so white? "It's a refrigerator," Jack said.

"Actually, freezer, sir. And it's inside?sir." The man pulled open the heavy door and stepped back. Jack
rolled his eyes and gritted his teeth, stepping forward to peer into the dimly lit room. Despite his years of
experience and the thought that he'd seen everything, Jack stood there, his jaws agape as he took in the
sight before him.

Sitting on the floor, surrounded by about thirty partially eaten pints of Ben and Jerry's ice cream was
Daniel?in the flesh apparently. Or at least, not glowing. "Daniel?" he asked incredulously, casting a
glance behind him to confirm that the Sargent was seeing the same thing he was.

"I think he's been in there for hours, sir," the cook said.

"Honey, I'm home," Daniel crowed, his voice muffled by the large bite of ice cream in his mouth.

"No? Really?" Jack drawled, squatting down next to the man. He was wearing the same cream colored
pants and sweater he'd worn the last time Jack had seen him?except now it was smeared with a seemingly
endless variety of colors and flavors. Chocolate sauce streaked his pants and strawberries dangled from his
shoulders. Marshmallow and caramel sauce decorated his sweater and when he looked closer Jack could
see a cherry perched on top of his head. "What are you doing here, Daniel?" he asked.

"I told you, I'm home," he said, setting down one carton and picking up another. "Pfish food?" he offered,
holding out the carton.

"Aah, no, thanks."

"Oh, yeah, that's right. It's all about fishing, not catching them." He took a large bite, groaning in what Jack
guessed was pleasure.

"Daniel?"

"I came back, Jack," he interrupted, lurching to his feet and spinning around. "To this world, this one sweet
whirled that I call home."

Jack looked up, watching him skeptically. "Daniel, this is nuts?"

"It's not nuts, Jack, it's life." He set down the Pfish Food and snagged another carton off the shelf. "Karmel
Sutra?" He held out the treat.

"Not without dinner and stretching first. Look, Daniel. What happened? I thought you enjoyed the whole
glowy thing?"

"I did, I did?for a while." Daniel's face fell. He took a large bite. "It was just such a dastardly mash," he
mumbled.

"Huh?"

He swallowed, wincing a bit. "It was a mess. I mean, holy canoli, they were driving me nuts, Jack." All the
yammering and half-baked theories. It was just all fudged up."

"All fudged up?" Jack asked skeptically.

Daniel nodded. "Yep. What's that phrase you like?.SHAMU?"

Jack frowned. "You mean SNAFU?"

"Exactly!" Daniel gestured with his spoon, flinging ice cream through the air. "SNAFU. It was all SNAFU
and then this new guy came along, Cherries someone, and threw a monkey wrench into the works. So?I
came back." He frowned, exchanging his container for yet another. He held it up, squinting to read in the
dim light. "Ooh?The full Vermonty. Sure you don't want some?"

Jack shuddered. "I've shot men for less," he quipped. "So, are you telling me that you've descended? Like,
rejoined the ranks of the mortal man? No more glowy, floaty squid-like Vorlon imitations? No divine
intervention, altered state of being?" he asked, watching in amazement as still more ice cream found its way
into the man's mouth. He looked around. There had to be at least thirty empty or semi-empty cartons
littering the floor of the walk in. Where the hell was he putting it all?

Daniel held his hands out wide. "It's just me, Jack. Daniel Jackson. I'm back to normal?"

"Normal?"

"And ready to go back to work and kick some goa'uld ass," he finished, ignoring Jack's interruption. He
grabbed his hand, pulling him towards the heavy door. "Come on, let's go."

"Go where?"

"I dunno?somewhere. Where are some goa'uld? I got this yen to hear 'insolence' and no one says it quite
like a goa'uld," he enthused.

Jack pulled his hand from Daniel's sticky grasp, habitually trying to wipe it off on his pants. "Whoa. Hold
the freaking phone. Daniel, what the hell is going on?" he asked angrily.

"What do you mean?"

"Look, you wouldn't descend to help me escape from Ba'al. And now you expect me to believe that you
just?descended for ice cream?" Jack shook his head. "No, no, no. Who are you and what have you done to
Daniel Jackson?"

"It's me, Jack," he insisted.

Jack crossed his arms over his chest. "Riigghhtt. The only food Daniel would descend for is coffee, and
since we're not in Starbuck's, you can't be him. We're not leaving this freezer until you tell me who the hell
you are and what you've done with Daniel." He stared the man in the eyes, feeling a shaft of triumph when
his smile faded and his face fell.

"Ok." He sighed heavily. "Ok. I didn't descend."

"Huh?"

"I was?downsized," he whispered.

"Downsized?" Jack asked incredulously.

"Yes, Jack. Downsized," he said louder. "You know?your services are no longer required," he said
bitterly. "They were facing an economic crunch and didn't have enough glow power for everyone
so?someone had to go," he said fatalistically.

"And that someone was you?"

"Last hired, first fired," he quipped. "I got sent back to Earth without so much as a slice of Miz Jelena's
Sweet Potato Pie."

Jack stared at his friend; his mind trying to process what his eyes were telling him. Daniel was back?
Normal and human and?deglowed? It was certainly not something he'd been expecting. "Ok," he said,
shrugging. "I guess you're back." He looked around the freezer. "Let's go," he said, walking past Daniel and
opening the door.

"Go where?" Daniel followed him; the pint of ice cream still clutched in his hands.

"Well, the shower for a start," Jack said, brushing a strawberry off his shoulder. "Then the guest quarters
until we can figure out what to do with you."

"Ok." Daniel shrugged. "Works for me."

Jack reached out and took the ice cream from Daniel's hand. "This stays behind." He tossed it back into the
walk in.

"Why?" Daniel whined.

"Because, if you keep eating that stuff you're gonna be one chunky monkey is why."

~Fin~

Let Them Eat Cake!
http://www.geocities.com/letthemeatcake2002/index
Where in the World is George Hammond?
http://www.geocities.com/witwigh/index
The Gatereview
http://www.gatereview.net/
Interested in a Virtual SG-1 Season 6?
For more info go to: http://www.spacemonkeys-gate.com/vs6/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Hey, Anubis, this is your agent. You're playing it way over the top, can you get serious please?'

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-08-2002 12:56 AM
skydiver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skydiver Click here to Send skydiver a Private Message Visit skydiver's homepage! Find more posts by skydiver Add skydiver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charlie Carter
1/2 of the Teen Brigade!

Hehehe!!! LOVE IT!!! Especially the chunky monkey! Tres cute!

BTW, love the quote in your sig. "Hey, Anubis, this is your agent. You're playing it way over the top, can you get serious please?" Mwah hah hah!

Bovine Revolutionary No. 23 || Gater || Serious Manic || Amateur Agony Aunt || Love child of Legolas and Venus

Old Post 12-10-2002 06:45 PM
Charlie Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie Carter Click here to Send Charlie Carter a Private Message Find more posts by Charlie Carter Add Charlie Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam K
Ice Queen

Very nice! Downsized. Hee hee...

Old Post 12-11-2002 06:20 PM
Sam K is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam K Click here to Send Sam K a Private Message Visit Sam K's homepage! Find more posts by Sam K Add Sam K to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

quote:
"Because, if you keep eating that stuff you're gonna be one chunky monkey is why."

Classic.....................just classic.

Old Post 12-11-2002 10:54 PM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skydiver

actually, it was the chunky monkey flavor that inspired teh whole fic. I'm not a big eater of ben and jerry's but when i remembered that, i had to do something.

I"m glad you guys enjoyed it

Let Them Eat Cake!
http://www.geocities.com/letthemeatcake2002/index
Where in the World is George Hammond?
http://www.geocities.com/witwigh/index
The Gatereview
http://www.gatereview.net/
Interested in a Virtual SG-1 Season 6?
For more info go to: http://www.spacemonkeys-gate.com/vs6/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Hey, Anubis, this is your agent. You're playing it way over the top, can you get serious please?'

Old Post 12-12-2002 03:41 AM
skydiver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skydiver Click here to Send skydiver a Private Message Visit skydiver's homepage! Find more posts by skydiver Add skydiver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

Wonderful, skydiver.

Old Post 12-12-2002 11:50 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord Yu

Thats very cool!

Noone will survive the wrath of Lord ﻷu!

Old Post 12-13-2002 09:46 AM
Lord Yu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord Yu Click here to Send Lord Yu a Private Message Visit Lord Yu's homepage! Find more posts by Lord Yu Add Lord Yu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote