Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > James Bond
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Goa`uld
Descended God

I saw this film last night. Quite simply it's the best Bond movie ever made. It's *beyond* what I know as Bond now. It's fresh, it's what the early Bond movies must have been like in their time.
The brilliant thing about this movie is that it's goodness doesn't rely on the fact that it's a James Bond film, because it does so many new things with the character and the concepts.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-30-2002 04:17 PM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tula
Gypsy

Got to agree with you Goa'uld - great movie.

Cool stunts, amazing gadgets and a real fast moving film. I have seen every JB movie and I thought this was good.

Wonder if they will get Jinx back for cameo roles in other movies like they used to with Felix ?

I got a Noddy Badge for Being *Nuked*

Old Post 12-04-2002 11:14 AM
Tula is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tula Click here to Send Tula a Private Message Find more posts by Tula Add Tula to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
O'Neill
Spam King since 1983.

I loved this film they've definately nailed all the ingredients to a good bond movie. The most beautiful thing in the movie was the Vanquish by far the best bond car ever.

Old Post 12-04-2002 11:20 AM
O'Neill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for O'Neill Click here to Send O'Neill a Private Message Find more posts by O'Neill Add O'Neill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

They're thinking of making a spin-off for the character Jinx.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 12-04-2002 11:30 AM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

hmmm.. i gots to see this, but a spin off for Jinx? that has a high probability of being

Old Post 12-04-2002 11:44 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

quote:
Originally posted by Jaffa
when was there ever a R, i thought that he was always Q??????

what? that they just replaced the actor like 007? john cleese was in The world is not enough along with Q. That's where james b called him R. It was never actually his official title, just a joke made up by our fave. agent

quote:
John Cleese was R when Q was Q. When Q died he became Q.

Desmond-however-you-spell-his-last-name will always be Q to me i'll forever call cleese's Q, R so as to avoid confusion in my mind

Old Post 12-05-2002 04:57 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Man this was freaking amazing!

The only thing was the title was a bit crap for a bond movie... it was just OK.

But otherwise? yeah hot dang, almost all of it was phat

Old Post 12-05-2002 07:42 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

madonna song wasn't bond though

Old Post 12-05-2002 08:52 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thor_Buddy_416
MajorSam is a wierdo!

The Bond movie was excelant!!!!!!(cant spell) i went with MajorSam and it was gr8!!!! the gadgets were sweet. but the vanish car was the best part!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 12-06-2002 12:53 AM
Thor_Buddy_416 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Thor_Buddy_416 Click here to Send Thor_Buddy_416 a Private Message Find more posts by Thor_Buddy_416 Add Thor_Buddy_416 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord Yu

James Bond

Who here has seen the newly released James Bond movie "Die Another Day"? It is really good!

Noone will survive the wrath of Lord ﻷu!

Old Post 12-19-2002 09:51 AM
Lord Yu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord Yu Click here to Send Lord Yu a Private Message Visit Lord Yu's homepage! Find more posts by Lord Yu Add Lord Yu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

You know, Id swear there was a thread about James Bond not a week or two ago and I cant find it!

Old Post 12-19-2002 09:59 AM
Lord Yu

Oh alrite then.

Old Post 12-19-2002 10:16 AM
Lord Yu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord Yu Click here to Send Lord Yu a Private Message Visit Lord Yu's homepage! Find more posts by Lord Yu Add Lord Yu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

It's here.

Old Post 12-19-2002 10:48 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord Yu

Thanx for that. I will wait for one of the mods to merge them together.

Old Post 12-19-2002 11:12 AM
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

I saw it with a girlfriend of mine.....It was great....I have a thing for long films...as they get more of a story in it... The one thing that i didn't like was the long boring sex scene and the Fire and ice intro..they went for to long..Other wise the movie was a god send to fans who left due to the last two.... It was fast paced, had new handy-dandy things and appiled to a younger audience with the surfing and the x-treme fator that was lost on the other two films...I will forever compare this bond to the last two and thank god this one was better....Would love to see more of jinx as she brought something earthlike to the character..Unlike the normal leading ladies that are just good for sex and to betray someone. The effects were great and updated the film to more of the 21 century... I wonder how much of it was done with teh green screen After watching this movie i would give it a 7 out of ten.

Old Post 12-19-2002 11:58 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote