Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > hathor was a goa'uld???
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
guessed

hathor was a gao'uld???

dumb question to ask at this stage of my stargate life, but someone asked me something yesterday i couldn't answer, i've never really thought about it before - are the gao'uld ACTUALLY ancient egyptian or have they just borrowed/stole some actual guy's existence?

i mean, was there an actual Hathor person, then some time later (after her death) the snake heads come along, read our history and think "oh, this'll make an interesting person" and pretend to be her??

and in either case, what were the gao'uld BEFORE egypt (in a time line manner of speaking)??

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 10-02-2002 09:16 PM
guessed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guessed Click here to Send guessed a Private Message Find more posts by guessed Add guessed to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vern
ADSL Pirate

Wernt they going around in the heads of the Unas.
Hathor, Ra ect: were egyptian gods.
The Truth Behind Stargate SG-1

Last edited by Vern on 10-02-2002 at 09:22 PM

Old Post 10-02-2002 09:20 PM
Vern is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vern Click here to Send Vern a Private Message Visit Vern's homepage! Find more posts by Vern Add Vern to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

According to Doc Jackson and the like, the Goa'uld found Earth, saw a bunch of folks worshipping gods, and decided that invasion of this world, with their hi-tech weapons and ships, would be easier for them if they pretended to be those gods.

So there's a Goa'uld named Hathor, but the "real" Hathor was not a Goa'uld.

The Norse gods of the Stargate universe, on the other hand, seem to have been implied to be the manufactured manifestations of an alien race in disguise.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 10-02-2002 09:28 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guessed

thanks guys, i thought that might have been the case, but i couldn't recall anything specific in the series.

Old Post 10-02-2002 09:35 PM
guessed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guessed Click here to Send guessed a Private Message Find more posts by guessed Add guessed to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

basiclly the goa'ulds pretending to be gods of the egyptians cos they happened to be worshipping them and they could take advantage..like the asgaurd

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Old Post 10-02-2002 09:51 PM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

i dont go with this theory - i am of the belief that the Goa'uld arrived well before the ancient egyptian civilisation evolved and while they posed as gods i dont believe they posed as already existing gods.

Old Post 10-03-2002 02:35 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guessed

^^^ so, jk, was hathor a person or a snakehead??? WHEN in relative time line did a snakehead call itself hathor?? sorry, i just wanna see what you mean =)

Old Post 10-03-2002 02:46 AM
Otis
Egyptaholic

JK, I agree. The timeline would indicate that Hathor was in reality a Goa'uld. When Ra first came to earth, the people were called uncivilized close to savage types. The more complicated Egyptian religion was not developed at that time. Same deal with Yu who was said to be an emperor who attained god status.

Old Post 10-03-2002 03:06 AM
Otis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Otis Click here to Send Otis a Private Message Find more posts by Otis Add Otis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

oh right! okay then, Hathor was a snake head.

humans = primative > goa'uld arrive by ships > sophisticated religion develops > humans = civilised = slavery widespread by Goa'uld influence

Old Post 10-03-2002 03:49 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rithmah
Got Vespa?

Location: On the potak taking a shitak in the peltak with Selmak on Delmak

Perhaps the primitives already had their gods, but the Egyptian mythology developed and became more sophisticated with the arrival of the Goa'uld.

Egyptian mythology = Goa'uld Days of Our Lives

I have a Vespa and two cats!

Old Post 10-03-2002 03:52 AM
Rithmah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rithmah Click here to Send Rithmah a Private Message Find more posts by Rithmah Add Rithmah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

But if the Goa'uld were the actual gods, then surely there was too great a number of benevolent ones than would be characteristic of the Goa'uld?

Old Post 10-03-2002 10:02 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guessed

and my next question then is why did all these gao'uld arrive on earth at the same (relative) time? could they once have been working together and only later split and killed each other?? or were earthens such a catch it was first in best dressed... although "best dressed" hardly fits any gao'uld i know - sorry zipacna...

Old Post 10-03-2002 10:06 AM
Venus

Well, I kinda got the impression from COTG, that any planet Ra - The Supreme System Lord - owned, was strictly off-limits to any other Goa'uld. (Just to give a bad analogy - like the Tollans were with Goa'uld around their planet pre-BTF)

Old Post 10-03-2002 10:33 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex8472
dead and loving it

the eaRTH people were savages before the gou'ald came . Ra and Ageria (the founder of the tok'ra ) came to earth and enslaved earth. many gou'ald then came through the stargate for hosts and slaves aswell as by ships so earth became a gou'ald hotspot. Ageria broke from the gou'ald and gave birth to the tok'ra . Ra found her and killed her but he was to late. then earth rebelled and sent Ra packing cus no other gou'ald came by ships , at least not big ones except Ra noone could get back cus the gate was closed. earth then developed from the gou'ald period to now over milleniums. and thencame and killed ra. However how did the gou'ald find the gate and where didi the jaffa come from???

poor fukers (the jaffa)
but still where did the gou'ald find the earth gate and how many are there

Last edited by alex8472 on 10-04-2002 at 07:01 AM

Old Post 10-03-2002 11:23 AM
alex8472 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex8472 Click here to Send alex8472 a Private Message Visit alex8472's homepage! Find more posts by alex8472 Add alex8472 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Otis
Egyptaholic

Goauld created the Jaffa. In the first season when Teal'c is discussing the "legend" of the Tauri he said that some people were taken as slaves, some as hosts, and some to be Jaffa.

Old Post 10-03-2002 02:50 PM
Otis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Otis Click here to Send Otis a Private Message Find more posts by Otis Add Otis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote