Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Is the Stargate two-way?
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

I thought Fixxer was talking about an incoming wormhole!! I need to work on my communication cause I got quite angry.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 06-18-2002 10:07 PM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
carl
Stargazer

So in conclusion what have we came up with? That if some people dialed into Earth and opened the wormhole and they came onto Earth, people couldn't run back through it?

And, if they did, they would die or dissinegrate?

Old Post 06-19-2002 10:22 AM
carl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for carl Click here to Send carl a Private Message Visit carl's homepage! Find more posts by carl Add carl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Or maybe they'd like, bounce off?

To quote pres-doc, I'm so fugging bored.

Old Post 06-19-2002 10:26 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

quote:
Originally posted by Venus
I'm so fugging bored.
It may not be in the dictionary as such, but that's still a rather obscene manner of speaking.

Old Post 06-19-2002 04:40 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

I'm so forking bored Or frickin. Yep, very obscene, use shagging

They dissintigrate, it was in 100 days. When Teal'c looked down there wasn't any sigh of a MALP there and it couldn't have went through the wormhole ergo it disintigrated.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 06-19-2002 04:53 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mousie_Grr
I need a psychiatrist?

Has anybody noticed but in the first ep when the gouald comes through when they are playing cards the stargate stays open and he walks back through without it being closed and opened. So basically they broke the terminology on the first ep.
Thanx Alyssa x

Old Post 06-22-2002 06:34 PM
Mousie_Grr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mousie_Grr Click here to Send Mousie_Grr a Private Message Visit Mousie_Grr's homepage! Find more posts by Mousie_Grr Add Mousie_Grr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Well, it can be said to be a non linear shot.

The viewer is to assume that the gate was switched off and redialed without us having to see them spend a few minutes doing it all.

Old Post 06-22-2002 06:54 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brent

quote:
Originally posted by Mousie_Grr
Has anybody noticed but in the first ep when the gouald comes through when they are playing cards the stargate stays open and he walks back through without it being closed and opened. So basically they broke the terminology on the first ep.
Thanx Alyssa x

it does not stay open

it closes

and then they start shootin and they kill all the guards, then it cuts to a scene with more military running towards the gateroom and then they cut to inside the gateroom with the jaffa walking through the stargate. Without any sign of dialing out, in which case it is theorized apophis either used some kind of device to open the wormhole like the nox use or something.... but there has never been any evidence that the goa'uld have such technology, or (what is more possible) they Manually dialed the gate out.

so it's a big question really since they didn't show it

Old Post 06-22-2002 07:23 PM
Brent is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brent Click here to Send Brent a Private Message Visit Brent's homepage! Find more posts by Brent Add Brent to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

What really amazes me about that scene is the total gall the Goa'uld always have. Never send a probe through, always just step through. What if the gate was upside down, what if the gate was underwater, what if the gate was in the middle of a lava flow on the other side, what if the gate was on a planet with no air. Sigh. Gall.

Old Post 06-28-2002 07:00 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hathor
Girls rule, boys drool...

Pffft, they don't care, they just use Jaffa like a MALP, like special MALP Jaffa. They should give them little camera hats too.

collective

Old Post 06-28-2002 07:09 PM
Hathor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hathor Click here to Send Hathor a Private Message Visit Hathor's homepage! Find more posts by Hathor Add Hathor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

Ah but, the Jaffa don't have any means of giving the OK.

Old Post 06-28-2002 07:18 PM
Hathor
Girls rule, boys drool...

well, if they have cameras, I guess they could have a special 'Everything's OK' hand gesture. Although they might look a little weird waving their hands about in front of their hats.

collective

Old Post 06-28-2002 07:27 PM
Hathor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hathor Click here to Send Hathor a Private Message Visit Hathor's homepage! Find more posts by Hathor Add Hathor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

Jaffa = teh Dumb. How can you still have blind faith to a god who shows fear of going through the gate first and uses you as cannon fodder? I mean, erm, what has a God got to fear?

Old Post 06-28-2002 08:14 PM
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Sure they do, if they come back, it's ok, if not, it's not.

Speaking of which, why did Apophis even come back to Earth? All he wanted was hosts to why go to a long forgotten, and disbelieveing planet that not under their (the Goa'uld's) rule?

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 06-28-2002 08:32 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

He went to all the planets?! Was looking for a host for his queen, was maybe a special case?

Old Post 06-28-2002 08:41 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote