Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > Aussie Aussie Aussie : Deligation
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jaffa, Kree!

foxtel.. hmm..
(heads over to scheduales and airdates..)

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 03-20-2002 10:52 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
agentdawn

:)

whoopsies, sorry bout posting in the wrong area .... wow there's a few aussies about

Hope Stargate comes back free to air soon, kinda missing it ...

agentdawn.

Old Post 03-20-2002 11:24 AM
agentdawn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for agentdawn Click here to Send agentdawn a Private Message Visit agentdawn's homepage! Find more posts by agentdawn Add agentdawn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

yeah, we rock.

WE OWNZ J00!1

Old Post 03-20-2002 11:27 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
W505a

You know . . .

having been born in a former British colony myself, I have a certain affinity for the Place Way Down Under. Someday, I hope to visit Ayer's Rock, and maybe even meet Ayer if he's in.

But do you ever really stop and think that when we're standing up, we actually point in entirely opposite directions. So it's not only that, you know, it's winter there, summer here, nighttime there daytime here, blah blah. But when you stand up, you are actually upside down?

If you were on Star Trek for example, and they beamed you off the planet, you might end up in the transporter having to do a handstand.

And it's amazing how gravity just holds everything there too, without anything falling off (or up from your perspective). That is pretty wild. I suppose, though, that even here in the U.S., we should be sliding sideways by that logic. Really, only people at the North Pole would be entirely safe. If they weren't frozen.

W505a

(who knows his Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services and MIX 104.5's as well as anyone)

Oh, and that shell building looks really interesting too.

Old Post 03-21-2002 02:28 AM
W505a is offline Click Here to See the Profile for W505a Click here to Send W505a a Private Message Find more posts by W505a Add W505a to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

it's funny how when Americans pretend to be Australians they say "throw a shrimp on the barbey" when the word shrimp doesn't exist in australia, hahahaa.

Old Post 03-21-2002 05:17 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Its funny that England owns Scotland, Wales, Ireland, America and Australia, and how London owns England, and how I own London.

Old Post 03-21-2002 08:51 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Pressie, I own Ireland. I'm just letting you think that you do

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 03-21-2002 02:55 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Oh, look at this, the Brits (and Irish) have taken over this thread. Ah, the symbolism of it all ....

Old Post 03-21-2002 04:23 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
W505a

I am not British I was just born in a former British colony.

I never say "shrimp on the barbey". I never make fun of people's height.

Old Post 03-21-2002 11:21 PM
W505a is offline Click Here to See the Profile for W505a Click here to Send W505a a Private Message Find more posts by W505a Add W505a to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MacGyver
Phoenix Foundation?

lies

Old Post 03-21-2002 11:39 PM
MacGyver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MacGyver Click here to Send MacGyver a Private Message Find more posts by MacGyver Add MacGyver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

But when you stand up, you are actually upside down?

its not like that when we stand up its to the side but not straight as you have to have the tilt of the axis in mind

Old Post 03-24-2002 03:24 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

My generic response to the question "What's up?"

"Up is a direction extending from the center of mass of the Earth in an outward direction, unique and highly relative to each point on the Earth's surface. If you meant 'How am I?', I'm doing..."

I just wanted to add that to the discussion and point out that there's another thread around here that has a lot about gravity also...

(Beamed up on your head, eh? I suggest the women not wear skirts if there's a chance of beaming then...

...or, at least a nice clean pair of panties.

...or not.)

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Old Post 03-24-2002 03:11 PM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

My response is:
"Nothing, everythings down. Ain't gravity a bitch?"

But my favourite is:
"Can I ask you a question?"
"What is it?"
"A statement used to test knowledge."
(from one of the Airplane! films)

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 03-24-2002 06:49 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

quote:
Originally posted by Kamakazi Casper
My response is:
"Nothing, everythings down. Ain't gravity a bitch?"

But my favourite is:
"Can I ask you a question?"
"What is it?"
"A statement used to test knowledge."
(from one of the Airplane! films)

Surely, you can't be serious!

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Old Post 03-24-2002 08:18 PM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

There is no up and down or left and right.

Old Post 03-24-2002 08:25 PM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote