Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > Stupid Clever Species . Ironic Aint It
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
alex8472
dead and loving it

Stupid Clever Species . Ironic Aint It

DIDNT THE ANCIENTS FIGURE OUT THAT IF THEY AIMED A WORMHOLE AT THE SOLAR FLARE THAT A TIME INVERSION IS CREATED
IN WOO THEY TRIED TO BUILD THAT MACHINE REMEMBER
AND
THE ASGARD
COULDN'T THEY JUST HEAL THEMSELVES INSTEAD OF CLONING
I MEAN WE ARE ABOUT 50-60 YEARS FROM REVERSING THE AGING PROCESS SO WHY DIDNT THE ASGARD DO THIS INSTEAD OF CLONING WITH NO BALLS

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-26-2002 12:29 PM
alex8472 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex8472 Click here to Send alex8472 a Private Message Visit alex8472's homepage! Find more posts by alex8472 Add alex8472 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kaijyu
Num Num, Birdy Num Num!!!

Maybe that's where the Ancients went?

And would you like another younger or older you? It would be hard trying to be individual?

Old Post 11-26-2002 01:27 PM
Kaijyu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kaijyu Click here to Send Kaijyu a Private Message Find more posts by Kaijyu Add Kaijyu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Damnit, where's that pic Goa'uld posted a while back about having caps lock on ...

Old Post 11-26-2002 04:09 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

Well, since real wormholes don't actually traverse our space... there's no real way to "aim" one. If they saved the whole Asgaard species on that basis it would be crap. More of that whole "SG-1 save entire universe while not even thinking about it." You can get away with one or two eps using the idea, but to rely on such a plot device for saving something as big as the Asgaard would probably get the writers fired... and with good cause.

Old Post 11-26-2002 06:54 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

The ancients all ran out of food and ended up eating one another, get over it.

Old Post 11-26-2002 07:07 PM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ColJ
Jack O'Neill's De-briefer

Clones are people too !

Old Post 11-26-2002 07:07 PM
ColJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ColJ Click here to Send ColJ a Private Message Find more posts by ColJ Add ColJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crackerz
Ambassador of XeroX

Does it really matter? Don't the producers and guys in charge of Stargate SG1 have enough to think about rather than niggly little things like that?! Give them a break dude!

Old Post 11-26-2002 08:15 PM
Crackerz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Crackerz Click here to Send Crackerz a Private Message Find more posts by Crackerz Add Crackerz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

Actually this is a pretty good point.
What if the time machine in WoO was only supposed to be activated when a solar flare or something was happening? If you activate it at any other time, the machine will keep looping everytime there is a solar flare or something...

Old Post 11-26-2002 08:18 PM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tok-ra Cyax
Wheres the peanut butter?

ok ok ok ok,

YOU lost me at the balls part

"I am trying to kick the flour thing."

Old Post 11-27-2002 02:56 AM
Tok-ra Cyax is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tok-ra Cyax Click here to Send Tok-ra Cyax a Private Message Find more posts by Tok-ra Cyax Add Tok-ra Cyax to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

Re: Stupid Clever Species . Ironic Aint It

quote:
Originally posted by alex8472
THE ASGARD
COULDN'T THEY JUST HEAL THEMSELVES INSTEAD OF CLONING
I MEAN WE ARE ABOUT 50-60 YEARS FROM REVERSING THE AGING PROCESS SO WHY DIDNT THE ASGARD DO THIS INSTEAD OF CLONING WITH NO BALLS

don't you think they haven't thought about that. They can't just *heal* themselves since their problem is part of their solution to their whole race dying outt in the first place. We also don't know the first thing about the asgard's reproductive cycle so we don't know haw they did it in the first place.

The asgard could've started using clones millenia ago and have simply forgot how it worked at the start.

Old Post 11-27-2002 09:34 AM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex8472
dead and loving it

they started to use clones around 25000 years ago but they are going to remember how they used to have things and i would be surprised if their reproductive skills were not the same as ours.
and as for the solar flare idea it is a good proposal but in WoO the sun was in a state of solar flare
coronal mass immision
i believe was the term used by carter

Old Post 11-27-2002 11:14 AM
alex8472 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex8472 Click here to Send alex8472 a Private Message Visit alex8472's homepage! Find more posts by alex8472 Add alex8472 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AbydonianSky
You!! Off my planet!!

Time travel using solar flares, mmmmmmmmmmmm, nah - the big problem is they couldn't predit when the sun would flare. To know when this would occur the Asgard would have to be able to know the future and if this was the case they would also know how they eventually solve the problem of the clones (or the no balls situtation as it was so delicately put by ALEX8472.)

Old Post 11-27-2002 09:27 PM
AbydonianSky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AbydonianSky Click here to Send AbydonianSky a Private Message Find more posts by AbydonianSky Add AbydonianSky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Well, lets say that they wanted to send a flying pig through time, what theyd do is have live mapping of the star, and from that, they could calculate the location and timing of a solar flare some time before it were to happen, and then send the wormhole flying pig and all through the flare and back through time, or forward by making the wormhole turn right when it went through the solar flare instead of left when it went through the flare.

Thus the flying pig can be its own father.

Old Post 11-27-2002 09:39 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

I really hate to be pedantic (actually I don't) but erm... Asgaard

Old Post 11-27-2002 10:23 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex8472
dead and loving it

quote:
Originally posted by AbydonianSky
Time travel using solar flares, mmmmmmmmmmmm, nah - the big problem is they couldn't predit when the sun would flare. To know when this would occur the Asgard would have to be able to know the future and if this was the case they would also know how they eventually solve the problem of the clones (or the no balls situtation as it was so delicately put by ALEX8472.)
justgot to say something about this
1 i was on about the ancients not the asgard
2 if they can create wormholes i think they could predict when a solar flare would happen
liek the ashen in '2010'
3 they probably could see the future as th3ey were so advanced

Old Post 11-28-2002 11:10 AM