Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > Stargate turning into Star Trek???
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

Retracting all previous posts made in this thread

Last edited by _.:?nubis:._ on 12-16-2002 at 03:08 AM

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-11-2002 01:00 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

tolkein wrote lotr before lucas was out of diapers

every ep's not about gate travel, but it is the major thing about the show. Nearly all of the eps have some form of gate travel in it. i do like the way the new season is going, but i'd prefer more gate travel. i get the idea that the show is evolving, but sometimes it's nice to go back to the roots you know.

Old Post 12-11-2002 09:30 AM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Anubis, what? I understood excalty none of your last post

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 12-11-2002 07:04 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Man of less sorrow

Last edited by _.:?nubis:._ on 12-16-2002 at 03:09 AM

Old Post 12-12-2002 01:20 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

quote:
Originally posted by _.:?nubis:._
Then why did u say that Frodo's sword was a rip off of the lightsaber?

Taz said that, and she was being sarcastic.

quote:
KC this is what i was saying. and since venus aint here it's Tolkien not tolkein.

Are you, like, trying to, like... If you're gonna capitalise anything, make it Venus! Regards capitalisation of anything else, I think you should leave it up to the posters personal preference. (It's not like Tolkien will mind )

Old Post 12-12-2002 08:16 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mad

I think they need the ships. If they forgot about the ships how long is it till Earth gets hit again. They cant exactly do much using the Stargate against a mothership. They arent gonna stop using the gate anytime soon as it is a lot easier to sneak around and capture Go'uld tech using the gate, not to mention recon worlds. It is harder to track 4 people gating to a planet than it is to track a ship in the system.

Old Post 12-12-2002 09:28 AM
Mad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mad Click here to Send Mad a Private Message Find more posts by Mad Add Mad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Well you see, thats the point, it should be the opposite.... the gate can be easily guarded and all objects entering or leaving via a gate should be easily trackable.... I mean, look at the SGC FCOL.. its not like anyone can just casually stroll in.

Now look at space, one cloaked ship in the vastness of infinity begins to look mighty small and difficult to find when noone knows its there... rather than a big whoosh and activating gate telling everyone somethings come through....

Old Post 12-12-2002 10:12 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

quote:
Originally posted by Mad
They cant exactly do much using the Stargate against a mothership.

ohh I don't know... I mean you lug that gate into the control room and *whoosh*, ship's controls gone

Old Post 12-12-2002 10:14 AM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mad

quote:
Originally posted by president doc
Well you see, thats the point, it should be the opposite.... the gate can be easily guarded and all objects entering or leaving via a gate should be easily trackable.... I mean, look at the SGC FCOL.. its not like anyone can just casually stroll in.

Now look at space, one cloaked ship in the vastness of infinity begins to look mighty small and difficult to find when noone knows its there... rather than a big whoosh and activating gate telling everyone somethings come through....

I was refering to a 4 man team sneaking around a base rather than a ship parked near the planet but I see you point.

quote:
ohh I don't know... I mean you lug that gate into the control room and *whoosh*, ship's controls gone

oh yea that method is also great for assasinations. Think a cloaked gate is waiting behind Anubis' throne he sits down the gate activates and *whoosh* he is gone for good

Old Post 12-12-2002 10:33 AM
Mad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mad Click here to Send Mad a Private Message Find more posts by Mad Add Mad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Connect earths gate to that inside anubis's ship, lower earths active gate over Fully fueled Launching saturn V5 rocket.

Old Post 12-12-2002 10:53 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

that'd be soo cool to see They should do it just so we could see it!

Old Post 12-12-2002 11:02 AM
president doc

I know, im gonna keep repeating that Idea till they get sick of me repeating it and do it... or something like that... like a person called Saturn V5 walking through the gate.

Man, im so sad, ive got this all worked out... they have to launch something off world, they have a rocket set up in Area 51, its all on a schedule... the gate dials in as the count down reaches T-10 seconds... the whoosh just misses the rockets tip as the whole thing starts to rise upwards.
Guide rails on wheels or bearings keep the rocket true to its path as it goes through with barely any clearance and they complete their objective...

Of course it would probably have to be a specific rocket as a standard one could become slightly too wide depending.

Anyway, would sure beat having a yokel blow up your rocket.

Last edited by president doc on 12-12-2002 at 11:22 AM

Old Post 12-12-2002 11:12 AM
Mad

Now that is something I would like to see. Imagine the Jaffa's faces when the gate activates and a ICBM launches out.

Old Post 12-12-2002 11:30 AM
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

just like the alien in independance day

Old Post 12-12-2002 07:13 PM
Man of less sorrow

Last edited by _.:?nubis:._ on 12-16-2002 at 03:09 AM

Old Post 12-12-2002 10:58 PM