Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Schedules and Air Dates > Is this it for 2002? (Aust)
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Druid
Spawn of the Hypercane

Is this it for 2002? (Aust)

Sydney viewers take note... no SG-1 next week (21/11). Does this mean that's it for the year? I predicted it'd be around now, but... ya know... hoped they'd extend it out or something.

I know it's only Shadow Play (I haven't seen it but heard some things about it) but just how long will they hold out this time? March? June? Never again??

I want Seven to be right on the US heels and show episodes at the same time or even before them like we did at one stage (Season Two I think).

But hey, this just means I'll have to fill in my Thursday nights playing with thunder, dancing wit the rain. YEAH!!

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-13-2002 10:43 AM
Druid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Druid Click here to Send Druid a Private Message Find more posts by Druid Add Druid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

Gah. I was hoping they'd go as far as The Other Guys or Allegiance. They've been using clips of it in their promos for Abyss etc.
Yeah S2 was the last time we were up to date with the US...and if my memory serves me correctly, we even got Bane before them - then ch7 cut us off again
What are they showing in the 7:30 timeslot in place of sg1? Maybe they're doing another one-off type break?

Old Post 11-14-2002 12:45 AM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

i think i would be okay with the 6 month gap in the 'seasons' if they showed up until Prometheus. you know, have the same gap the US did. But i dont have high hopes

Shame. se7en were doin so well, being so far ahead and all...

and sympathies to the southern states who, if they too have stargate stopped, will remain forever behind... (smirk, actually, i dont have much sympathy...)

Old Post 11-14-2002 01:20 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Minerva
bored machiavellian

well thats alrite *smiles, im gonna be at schoolies* as long as they show it at 2030 next year.

Old Post 11-14-2002 02:14 AM
Minerva is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Minerva Click here to Send Minerva a Private Message Find more posts by Minerva Add Minerva to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

oh yes, THAT would be nice...

hmmm... am thinking they'll have a few eps (of good downloaded quality) by the time BOBW rocks around, too, that they'll likely show in January... or at least, the conclusion to Prometheus!

Old Post 11-14-2002 03:15 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

Nerp it's a one off. They're showing a thing on John Farnham instead *makes a face*
SG1 back in 2 weeks.

Oh forgot to mention.....channel 7 are a bunch of bumfecks. They clipped the crap out of Abyss!!! aaaaaaaaauuugh
Oh look. All of a sudden Jack has knives sticking out of his chest.

Last edited by nug on 11-14-2002 at 07:47 AM

Old Post 11-14-2002 07:44 AM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Minerva
bored machiavellian

nooooooooooo............................... dammit i wont be here!!!! *stomping around the room*
now should i buy the dvds instead???

edit: i was bloody wondering why it was only 40:30 on my vcr. ok dvds it is.

Last edited by Minerva on 11-14-2002 at 07:51 AM

Old Post 11-14-2002 07:48 AM
Minerva is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Minerva Click here to Send Minerva a Private Message Find more posts by Minerva Add Minerva to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

acid. wasn't there supposed to be acid?

and what the HELL was up with the promo? is it a double episode next.. time?

Old Post 11-14-2002 08:30 AM
nug
Melon

I don't think so. If it is, then maybe they're cutting us off there? They've been using clips of The Other Guys in promos for 2 weeks now...go figure. I think maybe they just needed some action clips :P

quote:
acid. wasn't there supposed to be acid?

yupyup....not even a mention of it this time. They must have clipped out sooooooo much. I noticed 4 missing bits. Reckon there were more seeing as I was eating and not paying attention.

<--- pissed off

Old Post 11-14-2002 09:32 AM
Jaffa, Kree!

so.. where did they go?? and why? and what did they replace them with?

oh wait.. those ad forerunners were longer than usual....

Old Post 11-14-2002 10:45 AM
Venus

rotfl, the ep must've been like, 5 mins long.

Though as far as editing goes, wouldn't the showing knives sticking out of his chest kinda of defeat the point (of the editing?)? What are they trying to avoid showing? Jack in pain? Ba'al throwing knives? Moving objects?

And btw, has Unnatural Selection aired anywhere yet?

Old Post 11-14-2002 10:50 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

I think the point was to edit out the 'violence' or 'gore'. Which would be the knives actually hitting Jack's body...rather than just seeing them sticking out afterwards.
As far as the acid went - I don't see how that was violent or gory. I can see how 'torture' isn't really appropriate for the 7:30 PG timeslot and the aimed-at-kiddies way they promote SG-1.

quote:
so.. where did they go?? and why? and what did they replace them with?

AMP ads no doubt
"I look forward to...." the day channel seven doesn't censor SG-1..

I don't think Unnatural Selection has aired anywhere. IIRC the UK is going to get it first?

Old Post 11-14-2002 11:13 AM