Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > tech chart(spoilers everywhere at least up til season six)
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

Far more advanced technology, not just a hundred years like carter said, a better demeaner and a slightly lower sense of smell. as well the tollan have developed differently, just look at high chancellor travell and Omac, they have silver hair. And why do there need to be indicators? Can't u even consider the possibility that the Tollan are not descended from the tau'ri?

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-15-2002 03:51 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

There would have to be indicators in the show. Like with the Enkaran. There are humans who dye their hair in silver color by the way. I haven't noticed lower sense of smell(which episode?). The love affair between Carter and Narim would make absolutely no sense if the Tollans weren't of Tau'ri origin.

The Tollans are circa 500-1000 years ahead of the Tau?ri in my opinion(if the Tau'ri doesn't encounter more throwbacks like the dark ages that is). Without the fall of roman empire and the dark ages the Tau'ri would've been at the same level as Tollans.

Now if the Tollans were transported from Palestine or nearby before christ it would be sufficient to put them where they were and the Tau'ri where they are now.

(BTW, It's just a TV-show, a work of fiction. So I don't have to be open-minded and think of possibities the script writers never thought of...)

Old Post 12-15-2002 04:23 AM
320rwekfpl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 320rwekfpl Click here to Send 320rwekfpl a Private Message Visit 320rwekfpl's homepage! Find more posts by 320rwekfpl Add 320rwekfpl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

quote:
Originally posted by _.:?nubis:._
Far more advanced technology, not just a hundred years like carter said, a better demeaner and a slightly lower sense of smell. as well the tollan have developed differently, just look at high chancellor travell and Omac, they have silver hair. And why do there need to be indicators? Can't u even consider the possibility that the Tollan are not descended from the tau'ri?

Silver hair? right... So all those old guys on hair dye commercials must be aliens, I see.
Why would they be in a system with two inhabited planets, one with humans at earth level, the other with them on it.. what would the chances be of finding an alien species that looked just like humans living next to a race of transplanted humans.

They came from earth alright.

Old Post 12-15-2002 11:14 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Gives, give it up. Anubis will never admit he was wrong. He'll try and change what he was saying, he argue the same points over and over. Just let him.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 12-15-2002 02:57 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

I at not point said that they weren't, i said consider the possibility. and now, i'm turing my back on this thread.

Old Post 12-16-2002 02:55 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

But why consider the possibility when the scriptwriters hasn't. So far we have seen four civs of Tau'ri origin(not counting Tau'ri)(Tollan, Martys people(where it was common knowledge), Bedrosia/Optricia and the people at war in "The Other Side"). Enough said...

Old Post 12-16-2002 08:48 AM
320rwekfpl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 320rwekfpl Click here to Send 320rwekfpl a Private Message Visit 320rwekfpl's homepage! Find more posts by 320rwekfpl Add 320rwekfpl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

Why can't you consider the possibility that you're wrong?

and 320, where would the crystal-like people fit in in the list?

Old Post 12-16-2002 02:21 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

If someone could forward a shed of evidence that I'm wrong on the subject concering the Tollan, I would admit that I'm wrong. But not without evidence. I don't think that way. Sorry...

But I've thought about the Asgard thing a little and, I would say that they should be placed higher than the Aschen, but still lower than the Nox and Ascended. And since the Ancient probably isn't around anymore, they would have to leave the list to. So it gets kind of complicated. Besides, I'm admitted that I'm wrong on points that I were right before. An example is the fact that Sokars been head of the system lords. Look at "Serpents Song" and you'll see that Martouf/Lantash states it as a fact.

But please, publish a counter-list of how you think it should look like...

Old Post 12-17-2002 05:25 AM