Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Another Production goof in Stargate.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

Another Production goof in Stargate.

I was watching the film today and I had thought about this for a while also, especially after watching the film promo reel on DVD and having read the book a few years back I got to see how the story was originally envisioned.

When Colonel O'Neil takes his team into the Embarkation room the blast doors of the control room are up and the people in the control room were watching. Then when they all step up onto the ramp, the blast doors close. However, the camera often cuts back to the civilians in the control room watching Daniel and the rest of the team fire through the Stargate. I wonder if anyone else had noticed this too?

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 02-22-2002 08:25 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IamNotMe
Grizzly Shredder

No.

Grizzly Shredder

Old Post 02-23-2002 05:07 AM
IamNotMe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IamNotMe Click here to Send IamNotMe a Private Message Visit IamNotMe's homepage! Find more posts by IamNotMe Add IamNotMe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

You may notice this, but Daniel is packing up to head through the gate when Catherine approaches him. She hands him a Medallion, The Eye of Ra piece. She is wearing a jacket at the time because originally all civilians except Mitch and jenny, they remained for a short while to work the dialling programme, were evacuated from the base. After the gate was dialled up Mitch and Jenny were removed from the facility. This part of the story was in the book, and they originally shot it, but for some unknown reason to me, they re-shot a bit where all the civilians remained on the base to watch the travellers head to Abydos. However, the sequence of the onlookers must have been filmed afterwards because they didn't go back and reshoot the travellers heading through the gate with the blast doors up. it would probably have cost too much money to do that again. Anyway, when mitch and Jenny leave, the blast doors are closed, we see this happening in the gateroom behind Daniel.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 02-23-2002 10:34 AM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

nope can't say i saw it but i still think there are women jaffa in the movie and no i'm not gonna leave it alone

Old Post 02-24-2002 12:24 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

There were no Jaffa in the movie. Jaffa were invented when the series came about. And instead of just saying that Anubis was a Jaffa they said that there were no Jaffa on Abydos.

Old Post 02-24-2002 09:29 AM
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

i wonder if they got the idea from jaffa cakes- really nasty things in the middle (orange...yuk)

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Old Post 02-24-2002 06:52 PM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

quote:
Originally posted by puddykat
i wonder if they got the idea from jaffa cakes- really nasty things in the middle (orange...yuk)
Jaffa Cakes Rawk!

Old Post 02-24-2002 09:39 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

well what ever there were it was a women ok ok i'll leave it alone

Old Post 02-25-2002 09:12 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Col.Kaz

quote:
Originally posted by Bose-Einstein
Jaffa Cakes Rawk!

Jaffa cakes are the best type of cakes around.

Have you ever tasted those 5th avenue bars that Daniel eats in the movie?

They're possibly (No, make that definatley) the worst things I have ever tasted.

Old Post 03-26-2002 06:17 PM
Col.Kaz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Col.Kaz Click here to Send Col.Kaz a Private Message Visit Col.Kaz's homepage! Find more posts by Col.Kaz Add Col.Kaz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Well, the big hairy Mastadges seemed to like them and considering Daniel is a chocoholic

Old Post 03-26-2002 09:10 PM
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

Spam Post Count++

Old Post 03-27-2002 02:40 PM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shellz

quote:
Originally posted by Col.Kaz

Have you ever tasted those 5th avenue bars that Daniel eats in the movie?

They're possibly (No, make that definatley) the worst things I have ever tasted.

Actually I didn't think those 5th Avenue bars were too bad. Sure i didn't finish the whole thing but i managed half!

Jaffa cakes arn't that bad either but after 20 you feel a bit sick.

Old Post 03-27-2002 04:56 PM
shellz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shellz Click here to Send shellz a Private Message Visit shellz's homepage! Find more posts by shellz Add shellz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Nothing beats whole bars of Lindt bit of a strain on the pocket however, so it keeps you from over indulging.

Old Post 03-27-2002 05:31 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Spam Post Count++

ya think thats all that he does

they will always have goofs just look at the writers and the transaction from movie to tv series

Old Post 03-28-2002 10:43 AM
president doc

TRANSITION.

Old Post 03-28-2002 08:30 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote