Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > "JACK" and "SAM"
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Erishian42
BLUE JELL-O

Location: USA!!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!! I'm the biggest gater in NEW ENGLAND!

"JACK" and "SAM"

How come in the second season of STARGATE SG-1 Colonel O'Neill and Carter call each other Jack and Sam more then they ever do in all the other seasons? It seemed like Jack was almost always calling Carter, "Sam."

ERIN

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 04-22-2002 08:57 PM
Erishian42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Erishian42 Click here to Send Erishian42 a Private Message Find more posts by Erishian42 Add Erishian42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

Because it is in the script

Old Post 04-22-2002 09:35 PM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DEATH
I AM YOUR DOOM

i think then they were still going for the relationship angle

Old Post 04-22-2002 09:43 PM
DEATH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DEATH Click here to Send DEATH a Private Message Find more posts by DEATH Add DEATH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam K
Ice Queen

I agree. They wanted that relationship angle, which seems to have been abandoned of late.

Old Post 04-23-2002 02:16 AM
Sam K is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam K Click here to Send Sam K a Private Message Visit Sam K's homepage! Find more posts by Sam K Add Sam K to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

i bet thats puddy's fav session
i guess cause they weren't acting all mititary then they strated to or if you think of it like i do jack calls sam carter now cause he doesn't want to think of her like a person, if he did he would get all these bad thought but if he calls her carter, then, she is just another member on the team.

Old Post 04-23-2002 02:39 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

nah puddy's fave would be s4 wouldn't it? way shippier than the rest

As for the original question, maybe because s2 was a real emotional time for Carter? Umm let's see she got a symbiote in her head, her dad was dying from cancer. Jack tends to call her by her first name in those special touching moments doesn't he?

Old Post 04-23-2002 04:56 AM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DEATH
I AM YOUR DOOM

but S2 is alot more sam jack shippy and thats what she is into

well she is also into puddy jack shippiness but that didnt hapen is S2

Old Post 04-23-2002 05:14 AM
DEATH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DEATH Click here to Send DEATH a Private Message Find more posts by DEATH Add DEATH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Minerva
bored machiavellian

prob coz they didnt know how long the show would last. so u may as well give them a closer relationship.
anyways thats how you get fans like puddy hooked by giving the characters a bit a tension in later seasons

Old Post 04-23-2002 05:52 AM
Minerva is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Minerva Click here to Send Minerva a Private Message Find more posts by Minerva Add Minerva to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RDA Fan

I didnt even Notice Either one of them Calling each other By their First Name? *shurgs* then again I dont pay much attiention to Shipper type Stuff like that *shurgs* goes to show ya I'm not a Shipper

:P

Old Post 04-23-2002 06:04 AM
RDA Fan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RDA Fan Click here to Send RDA Fan a Private Message Visit RDA Fan's homepage! Find more posts by RDA Fan Add RDA Fan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

same same RDA Fan. Apprently it's a big deal

Old Post 04-23-2002 04:26 PM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Erishian42
BLUE JELL-O

Location: USA!!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!! I'm the biggest gater in NEW ENGLAND!

OH Yeah! When Jack first met Jacob Carter he says with a HUGE smile, "Sam's Dad? Get out of town." Or he said something like that.

ERIN

Old Post 04-23-2002 05:08 PM
Erishian42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Erishian42 Click here to Send Erishian42 a Private Message Find more posts by Erishian42 Add Erishian42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Freya

I liked season 4 on the episode nemisis. There was so much Love in the room when Jack and Sam were talking. But my fav ep of all time in Window of opportunity.

I'm a big Jack and Sam shipper.

Old Post 04-23-2002 05:46 PM
Freya is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Freya Click here to Send Freya a Private Message Find more posts by Freya Add Freya to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

OK, ettiquette... Military style...

A Senior may call the junior by the first name, last name, whole name, or rank.

Or,if they can't determine the person's rank... Air Force Personnel : "Airman", for Army personnel: "Soldier", for Navy personnel: "Sailor", for Marines: Jarh... er, "Marine". Also acceptable in Army circles (combat arms/SF) irs the term "Trooper" or "Troop".

Examples: "What's your name, Troop?"
"You two Marines take this toothbrush and clean the head."
"Grab a weapon and cover that door, Airman."

The Junior addresses the senior by their rank, by their rank and last name, "Sir" (if an officer), or "Sergeant" (if appropriate), or one of several "nicknames" if it's acceptable to the Senior...

...Examples being:

"Chief" for a Chief Master Sergeant, Chief Warrant Officer, or someone with Chief in their title.
"Top" for a First Sergeant.
"LT" ("ell-tee") for a lieutenant.
"XO" ("ex-oh") for a units Executive Officer (American for 2IC)
"Smoke" for Artillery Battery's Platoon Sergeants.

So...

Jack could call Sam:

Sam
Samantha
Carter
Major
Major Carter
Airman* (Not usually...)

Sam could call Jack:

Sir
Colonel
Colonel O'Neill
(Whatever his positional title is... i.e. Commander)

"Jack" would be an official faux paux in the presense of others. In private, it would be Jack's call whether or not it is...

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Old Post 04-23-2002 10:51 PM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dr. Daniel

My fav jack and sam moment was in "window of opperturenaty"
Where in one of the many tries to stop that man from going back in time, jack resigned and he said he did it so he "could do this" and gave sam a rather passionate kiss that sam seemed to enjoy aswell.

Old Post 04-24-2002 02:20 AM
Dr. Daniel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dr. Daniel Click here to Send Dr. Daniel a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Daniel Add Dr. Daniel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RDA Fan

I Like Window of Oppertunity also. My Fav Scene in it was When Jack & Teal'c were Golfing With the Stargate *LOL*

Old Post 04-24-2002 09:49 PM
RDA Fan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RDA Fan Click here to Send RDA Fan a Private Message Visit RDA Fan's homepage! Find more posts by RDA Fan Add RDA Fan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote