Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > "JACK" and "SAM"
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kitty_star
Oh for crying out loud!

quote:
Originally posted by chameleon

i want that full eppy

Eye me too I want this full episode!!!But...maybe it was a good idea to dropped those scenes because I think that...to put shipper things...and...to make Sam and jack kiss not on a alien influance or in a certain time loop( love windows of opportunity)will ruin the show. The team will be split up and the show will focus on Sam/Jack relationship. We want scifi not romance! But I'm a big shipper and I SO want to see Sam and jack to be together at the end of the show.Like...in the movie. But not in the show. I'm ok for shippy scenes...but I don't want them to be together in the show.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 04-28-2002 01:16 PM
kitty_star is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kitty_star Click here to Send kitty_star a Private Message Visit kitty_star's homepage! Find more posts by kitty_star Add kitty_star to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

quote:
Originally posted by Venus
chameleon - I know, I'm just going OTT to stop J & S getting together in the given scenario...

JoJo - Might have something to do with the fact that most of the male fans seem madly in love with her (sorry to generalise)

RH - If Sarah cared for him, or loved him, she shoulda chased him. It seems that she was kinda ... impartial both times. Now, granted, she's not exactly in control of herself, and back then ... Well, if he tough she loved him, she shoulda supported his theories, and be willing to share his fate for doing so - being shunned for the academia for it.

Venus, the guy ran off, there was nothing to support!
Does loving someone mean agreeing with them in everything?

Old Post 04-28-2002 01:44 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiya
lusus naturae

I don't suppose Sarah was willing to ruin her career for the sake of an argument like one Daniel was putting forward for the origins of the Egyptian civilization. I know I wouldn't...well, I might if it was Daniel.

I reckon she probably found Daniel's way-out theories embarrassing and wanted to distance herself from that. As for Daniel himself, disappearing into the SGC was no doubt a contributory factor in the break-up of their relationship.

Loving someone doesn't mean agreeing with everything they believe or say, but even if Sarah was just momentarily mad with Daniel for expounding his theories, they would never have had a chance to talk things through.

Old Post 04-28-2002 02:00 PM
kiya is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kiya Click here to Send kiya a Private Message Find more posts by kiya Add kiya to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

Maybe Sarah likes 'em young and long-haired...

...and the buffed-out military-type haircut Danny isn't for her...

...Hmmmmm?

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Old Post 04-28-2002 03:30 PM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

quote:
Originally posted by kiya
I don't suppose Sarah was willing to ruin her career for the sake of an argument like one Daniel was putting forward for the origins of the Egyptian civilization. I know I wouldn't...well, I might if it was Daniel.

If someone I loved or cared for was putting forward an outrageous idea, I wouldn't leave them for it. If they left me, I would probably pursue to see why. In fact, someone I once knew well, was somewhat ... onorthodox, very outragous, and often for the sake of it... At first, I would be embarrassed, but in the last few years of our acquaintance I learned to accept this persons attitude, and I regret not supporting it more.

So, besides the fact that this is a ficitonal/theoretical scenario, I guess we agree to disagree. Depends how strong a person you are.

Old Post 04-28-2002 04:23 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiya
lusus naturae

Yeah, I suppose we disagree. Sometimes people do put their career before the person they're with. It's not unusual. This is all hypothetical, but I guess Sarah didn't care for Daniel enough to support him or valued her academic career more. I don't know. Daniel certainly valued ancient Egypt and his theories more than Sarah, why else would he have left her to join the SGC.

Just like to add though - because I'm neither cruel nor cold-hearted - that I wouldn't necessarily act like that. It would depend on the person I was with. All I know is if I loved someone enough I'd stand by them no matter what.

Last edited by kiya on 04-28-2002 at 05:42 PM

Old Post 04-28-2002 05:37 PM
kiya is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kiya Click here to Send kiya a Private Message Find more posts by kiya Add kiya to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

Maybe one or the other "gave up" in order for the other not to be hurt somehow.

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

Old Post 04-28-2002 07:01 PM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

In the end, love is just a neurochemical imbalance.
One can stand back and be rational, and whilst doing so, see oneself get sucked into a vortex of anguish and eternal pain.

Old Post 04-28-2002 07:22 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

Jeez, Prez...

...You must've been... terminated... recently.

It gets better...

Old Post 04-28-2002 11:11 PM