Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Corin Nemec Interview
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JoJo
Sam/McKay Shipper

Corin Nemec Interview

Below is a link to an excerpt from an interview Corin Nemec gave to Xpose Magazine:

http://www.savedanieljackson.com/manyvoices/nemec.asp

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 04-21-2002 01:39 AM
JoJo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JoJo Click here to Send JoJo a Private Message Visit JoJo's homepage! Find more posts by JoJo Add JoJo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

awwww he soo sweet

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Old Post 04-21-2002 11:16 AM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiya
lusus naturae

Well, at least the guy doesn't seem too fazed by the overreaction to Daniel's departure. I think he's right about the stance taken in 'Meridian' - we saw too little of Jonas' character to make any lasting judgement, other than the fact he paled into insignificance compared to Daniel's moral and ethical stand. By giving his life to save millions of others, Daniel has become, in the context of the programme, almost untouchable. Jonas will therefore have a hard time filling Daniel's shoes.

Perhaps his character's point of view was pretty one-dimensional in that particular episode - it'll be nice to see how Jonas develops throughout Season 6.

Old Post 04-21-2002 02:07 PM
kiya is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kiya Click here to Send kiya a Private Message Find more posts by kiya Add kiya to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoauldGods

ill look at that.. thanks for the link.. man

Old Post 05-02-2002 04:39 AM
GoauldGods is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoauldGods Click here to Send GoauldGods a Private Message Visit GoauldGods's homepage! Find more posts by GoauldGods Add GoauldGods to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Otis
Egyptaholic

Actually, Jonas may help bring back some of the "wonder" that made everyone care so much for Daniel. It should help to see things from a newbie perspective. (As long as there are no Sam/Jonas love interest lines. I might have to commit violent acts if that happened.)

Old Post 05-03-2002 03:37 AM
Otis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Otis Click here to Send Otis a Private Message Find more posts by Otis Add Otis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoauldGods

i hate Jonas

Old Post 05-03-2002 02:18 PM
GoauldGods is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoauldGods Click here to Send GoauldGods a Private Message Visit GoauldGods's homepage! Find more posts by GoauldGods Add GoauldGods to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Col.Kaz

quote:
Originally posted by GoauldGods
i hate Jonas

Don't we all

Old Post 05-04-2002 05:10 PM
Col.Kaz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Col.Kaz Click here to Send Col.Kaz a Private Message Visit Col.Kaz's homepage! Find more posts by Col.Kaz Add Col.Kaz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

No.

Old Post 05-04-2002 08:11 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Otis
Egyptaholic

I don't hate him. He's got big shoes to fill. I guessI'm like everyone else...We all look at change with more than a little enmity and dislike. (whether the change is good or bad, it is still change and we're uncomfortable with it.)

Old Post 05-04-2002 09:51 PM
Otis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Otis Click here to Send Otis a Private Message Find more posts by Otis Add Otis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adonis
Nobody Listen' to Techno!

People all have negative feelings toward Jonas because they somehow believe that Jonas is responsible for the departure of Daniel. Quick update. Michael Shanks (and ultimately the writers) are responsible for the departure of Daniel. None of you would be so quick to bash the young Jonas if he was to join as a fifth member of SG-1, or as a consultant in the SGC. It's only because "He took Daniel away" - well, no, he didn't. Please everyone analyse their individual reaction to Jonas and realise that all your hatred is unjustified and completely meaningless.

PS, I am not Corin Nemec.

Old Post 05-04-2002 10:18 PM
Adonis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adonis Click here to Send Adonis a Private Message Find more posts by Adonis Add Adonis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JoJo
Sam/McKay Shipper

I have to disagree Adonis. I dislike Jonas quite on his own merits. It has a little something to do with his (lack of) character.

Actually, when I sat down to watch 'Meridian' I felt a little sorry for CN, because I knew a lot of fans wouldn't care for him on principle. Then in his first scene he flashed his teeth, and I thought "It's Parker Lewis in space". It all went downhill from there. By the middle of the episode I was thinking "Am I supposed to like this guy". By the end, I positively detested the character.

Nothing personal against Nemec, I blame the writers. Also, TPTB should never have introduced the new character in the same episode featuring Daniel's departure. Why they deliberately created a situation that would guarantee a sizeable portion of the fanbase would dislike the new guy is beyond me.

Imaging if on M*A*S*H, Colonel Potter had shown up for Henry Blake's last episode, and had a hand in getting him transferred. Granted, it wouldn't have been his direct fault that Henry's plane got shot down. But do you really think that the audience would have embraced him as Henry's replacement? Would the rest of the characters have truly accepted him?

However, in that case, TPTB had enough sense to wait until the next season, when the shock had worn off, to introduce the replacement character. I truly can't figure out why TPTB decided to have the new character associated with the departure of the old character.

Last edited by JoJo on 05-04-2002 at 10:41 PM

Old Post 05-04-2002 10:33 PM
JoJo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JoJo Click here to Send JoJo a Private Message Visit JoJo's homepage! Find more posts by JoJo Add JoJo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

quote:
Originally posted by JoJo
Actually, when I sat down to watch 'Meridian' I felt a little sorry for CN, because I knew a lot of fans wouldn't care for him on principle. Then in his first scene he flashed his teeth, and I thought "It's Parker Lewis in space". It all went downhill from there. By the middle of the episode I was thinking "Am I supposed to like this guy". By the end, I positively detested the character.

That's all due to preconceptions, it seems, which I had none, and therefore judged him with an open mind, I'm not any more partial to DJ/MS than any other member of the team, and probably therefore, have no problem with him.

Old Post 05-05-2002 10:52 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adonis
Nobody Listen' to Techno!

That much said, they introduced him at totally the wrong time. Bad writers.

Old Post 05-05-2002 11:43 AM
Adonis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adonis Click here to Send Adonis a Private Message Find more posts by Adonis Add Adonis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and to express that opintion, but I have to say that I'm at a loss to see how some folk can be so passionate in their hate (*their word*) for the character of Jonas when we saw him for a grand total of perhaps 10 minutes. Talk about a rush to judgement.

I agree with Adonis, I do think it was a mistake of galactic proportions to introduce him in this episode, and tie his appearance to Daniel's departure. It was a disservce to his character, and has obviously created some hurdles for him to leap over. I think it would have been better if Jonas was not in any way involved in Daniel's accident.

I came into Meridian with an open mind, too. I didn't have that baggage of seeing CN in a show he did as an adolescent. I wasn't hugely impressed, either, but I was also wondering if he was directed to play the character as wide-eyed and naive, an academic who has been overly sheltered from the harsh realities of the world. I still have an open mind, and am willing to give him a fair shot, at least until he's had a real chance to sink or swin.

Question, since I avoid spoilers: is he in Revelations?

Last edited by shiloh on 05-12-2002 at 01:37 AM

Old Post 05-12-2002 01:15 AM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Thank you shiloh!! (About the hate thing)

Erm, Revelations ... Can't remember. Think so.

Maybe they introduced him with Daniel, or involved him, so he can at least talk about Daniel (as in "For the short time I knew him ... " rather than, "From what you say, he sounds like a person who ..."), or they want to play on how the team feel about that Daniel died for Jonas' planet?

Old Post 05-12-2002 09:49 AM