Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Earth D.H.D
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
HerbieZ

Earth D.H.D

Where did it go and how come on every planet SG-1 go to they seem to come through a stargate which is held in by rock with 3 steps leading down from it. Well earth did'nt get one and other planets did. We want a refund.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-07-2002 10:36 PM
HerbieZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HerbieZ Click here to Send HerbieZ a Private Message Visit HerbieZ's homepage! Find more posts by HerbieZ Add HerbieZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MPH

In fact we had 2 DHD's the DHD from Giza was taken by the Germans and then inturn taken by the Russians after WW2, and thats why they had one to power the second gate in Siberia (Watergate). However that DHD was destroyed in the ep 48 Hours. The other DHD was found in Antartica with the original Earth gate(solitudes) although that run out of power not long after it was found as it was one of the oldest DHD's possibly the first(Frozen).
To answer you question about the rock around the gate it probably did have one before it was buried.

Old Post 12-07-2002 10:45 PM
MPH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MPH Click here to Send MPH a Private Message Find more posts by MPH Add MPH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HerbieZ

Great, two D.H.D's on one planet and they are both crap, hmmm me thinks the Ancients were having cutbacks back then.

Old Post 12-07-2002 11:10 PM
HerbieZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HerbieZ Click here to Send HerbieZ a Private Message Visit HerbieZ's homepage! Find more posts by HerbieZ Add HerbieZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Sue! Sue! Sue!

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 12-08-2002 03:08 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

Then again, the Goa'uld haven't been on Earth in about 10,000 years. They mave have seen to the upkeep of the Stargates on other worlds, while us Terran hooligans simply smashed up our Stargate accessories.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 12-08-2002 03:56 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HerbieZ

Well how does the D.H.D work then, cos it obviously doesnt use wires cos it was shown in the back of a truck onone episode.

Old Post 12-08-2002 08:17 PM
bikemancs
See you in January

Well if you look at 1969 you see that the gate wasn't originally in the Cheyene Mt Facility. So, the gate was transported around. (as we know because we see it in a huge crate in 1969) so the steps were lost a while ago. I imagine that the same happened to the DHD. with the one gate and DHD in egypt, there is the one in antartica, the one in the SGC andthe one in Russia. (that's all of them) but that does make 4. three of which are on three of teh major, inhabital continets on earth. and the ancients were not he Goa'uld but another race(most likely the terrans) so...

I will see you next year because that's when I'll be back on. have a merry christmas a Happy New Year and a good holiday for those of you for whom the above does not apply.

ANUBIS you still have to send me your pic!!!!!!! :angry:

Old Post 12-09-2002 04:00 AM
bikemancs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bikemancs Click here to Send bikemancs a Private Message Visit bikemancs's homepage! Find more posts by bikemancs Add bikemancs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

just to be annoying. we didn't the Tauri use the blueprint from "fifth race" to reconnect the antarctica dhd to another power source?

Old Post 12-09-2002 05:22 AM
320rwekfpl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 320rwekfpl Click here to Send 320rwekfpl a Private Message Visit 320rwekfpl's homepage! Find more posts by 320rwekfpl Add 320rwekfpl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HerbieZ

Whyt does earth have so many stargates and D.H.D's then?

Old Post 12-09-2002 05:34 AM
Sergeant Mick

Because they pop up in so many storyline loopholes!

Old Post 12-09-2002 09:51 AM
Sergeant Mick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sergeant Mick Click here to Send Sergeant Mick a Private Message Find more posts by Sergeant Mick Add Sergeant Mick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

because they didn't introduce the supposed creators of the stargates until season two. by then the irreperable mistake of "solitudes" ws already made. so they had to solve it with the worst episode ever("48 hours") in season five. it would've been much better if they just could've admitted that they made a mistake...

Old Post 12-09-2002 10:08 AM
320rwekfpl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 320rwekfpl Click here to Send 320rwekfpl a Private Message Visit 320rwekfpl's homepage! Find more posts by 320rwekfpl Add 320rwekfpl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

Earth has two gates or dhds becuase the goa'uld put the egypt gate there so they could get here better. After that gate was lost to them they discovered the antarctic gate, this must be so because the antarctic gate had ayana and was, according to carter, one of the oldest in the gate system!

Old Post 12-11-2002 12:42 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anudist
*nuked*

quote:
Originally posted by _.:?nubis:._
Earth has two gates or dhds becuase the goa'uld put the egypt gate there so they could get here better. After that gate was lost to them they discovered the antarctic gate, this must be so because the antarctic gate had ayana and was, according to carter, one of the oldest in the gate system!

Your a little inaccurate there Anubis.

The only recorded time the Goa'uld lost the "Giza gate" was when the people of Egypt rose up against Ra. He was either already on Abydos or he fled to Abydos. We saw frozen Jaffa next to the Antarctic gate, probably Jaffa sent back by Ra to Earth to see if the gate was open. With the Giza gate buried the Jaffa were re-directed to the freezing temperatures of Antarctica, now being the only place with an active gate on Earth. The Jaffa couldnt find a DHD to dial back to Ra and died from hypothermia. Ra assumed that it wasn't safe to return to Earth and thats the end of that.

I'm curious to know how Yu knew about the second gate however, as he mentionned it was to be removed along with the Giza gate when earth was attempting to join the protected planets treaty.

Old Post 12-11-2002 06:44 AM
Anudist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anudist Click here to Send Anudist a Private Message Find more posts by Anudist Add Anudist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

Just another plot-hole

Old Post 12-11-2002 09:41 AM
TheOneKEA
You shot me! DIE!!

This is a multiple-quote reply.

MPH said that the Antarctica DHD ran out of power. I've also read somewhere that it was ripped apart at Area 51, requiring the acquisition of the Giza DHD from the Russians.

320rwekpfl talks about a mistake made in Solitudes. What mistake?

I agree with you Anudist. With the Giza Stargate/DHD buried, the Jaffa would have ended up in Antarctica and died. But I don't understand how the DHD transmits power and gate control data from itself to the Stargate. Does it use some sort of short-range power/data broadcast?

No NUKAGE yet!

Old Post 12-11-2002 11:06 AM
TheOneKEA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheOneKEA Click here to Send TheOneKEA a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneKEA Add TheOneKEA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote