Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > Ep:605 Night Walkers (SPOILERS)
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jaffa, Kree!

they were infant. surely that should be enough of an explanation.. i mean, it is the writers universe - and i cant recall another time that someone was implanted with an immature symbiote and they weren't able to extert the control a mature one would.
and as i said - forget the memory stuff, they were cloned, and we would have no idea what kind of effect on implantation and control that would have over a host. They would have restrictions on their development, not to mention imperfections in the cloning... I see it as totally plausable.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 08-05-2002 01:27 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

But logic implies that a mature, naturally-occuring Goa'uld is hence superior to these cloned infants. Heck, people within this thread have called them dumb, imperfect Goa'uld.

How would an imperfectly cloned and under-developed Goa'uld be able to exert total, blinding control over a human (to the point that the human never even realizes what happens to them when the snake takes over) when it has been demonstrated in the past that a mature System Lord (the best of the best, no?) have not been able to completely quash the awareness behind their human hosts?

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 08-05-2002 04:36 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

I dont think it's 'unable' to quash out the humanity, but rather, the better form of torture is to make them be aware - locked in the back of the mind, forever witnessing themselves do terrible things.... I see that as more 'superior' than making humans sleepwalkers with attitude...

Old Post 08-05-2002 04:52 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
webmouse
Fearless Mouse

quote:
Originally posted by puddykat
WHY DID SAM SLAP JONAS

Perhaps the finest moment in the ep for me. I loved the surprised look on JQ's face, both when Sam slapped him and later when he realized that she was in full control and was just trying to "make it look good."

There's hope for JQ -- if the writers give him something meaningful to do and some emotional connection with the audience.

Queen of De Nile

Old Post 08-07-2002 05:51 PM
webmouse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for webmouse Click here to Send webmouse a Private Message Visit webmouse's homepage! Find more posts by webmouse Add webmouse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

I thought it was rather too X filey, I saw an X files ep once when Scully got implanted with some kind of symbiote? (At night )

Though I think it worked fine without Jack.

Old Post 09-30-2002 10:45 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

I personally liked it quite a lot. Sam in leather pants <g> she's so cool... and she's one of only a few who can wear them and look really good. And her white blouse thing was really cool too! I luv episodes where we see them out of uniform... And i like her in command a lot. The slap was really nice <g>. i thought it was funny with jonas eating all the time. lots of funny stuff throughout the whole ep. I have to admit, the part when all of them are in that place at night, and the deputy or whatever said "as you all know, we have three unwanted visitors in our midst" or whatever, it was one of the cheesiest moments in Stargate. how he said it as well as what was said i was moaning and going "noooooooo" I thought that was too x-files-ish and has been done only about 200000000xinfinite times! i didn't like that part... And i also think it was fine without Jack. Go Sam!!!!!

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 09-30-2002 11:31 PM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lnt.kaos
Grrrrrr!

Ep:605 Night Walkers (SPOILERS)

(After Each ep from season six is aired i will Write my thoughts and comments on that ep)

605 - Night Walkers

Wow was that SG-1 i was watching? it felt like the X-files With the alien conspircy and all, But really i think that was one of the best on-world ep's of sg1 i've eva seen the writes managed to get the atmosphere just the wright ballence between good old fasion intrigue and sci-fi.

Plot
Well what can i say about the plot that i havent already said in the intro, a nice x-files crossed with stargate plot based around the symbiote that Adrian Conrad had.

Bit's I didn't like
What was that explanation that sam gave us about why see didn't sence the Gou'alds; "because they have no naquida in the blodd stream" But she didn't give us a explanation why there was no naquida also why were they building that ship to get off earth that dosen't seem very gou'ald like, all the other gou'ald in existence are like "Kree I will take over your would and you will worship me!! kree".

Bit's I liked
When Teal'c got out of the car i thought i was watching the matrix again and that was morphieus(sp?) and sam and jonas also were going for a very matrix stlye clothing

Be sure to check back next week for my thoughts and comments of Ep: 606 abyss

Old Post 10-16-2002 08:38 PM
Lnt.kaos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lnt.kaos Click here to Send Lnt.kaos a Private Message Find more posts by Lnt.kaos Add Lnt.kaos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Upon seeing the congregation in the warehouse, my dad said X-files.
Then he made the comment on how Jonas seemed to pick up on everything
And what was that whole thing with the shades/black trench coats etc.

Old Post 10-16-2002 09:03 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rebel goauld

That episode is very X-FIles like. Aaaaahhh, X FILES! I miss it

Old Post 10-16-2002 10:07 PM
rebel goauld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rebel goauld Click here to Send rebel goauld a Private Message Find more posts by rebel goauld Add rebel goauld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

There has already been a huge thread on this ep. in the plots and episodes forum...
but since there's another one, i'll say my opinion again!
I liked it a lot. a little change from "Oh my gosh, the whole planet Earth is gonna be destroyed, and we have no idea how to stop it!!! (It's been done, what, 7, 8 times?)
I like the matrixy stuff, man i luv that movie! :P
Lnt. kaos, i like the bit about the "Kree I will take over your would and you will worship me!! kree" *snort*that's a great explianation.
Jonas is just a bit to quick at seeing things, and learning things, and remembering things etc...

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 10-16-2002 10:30 PM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

Can i just ask, when Nightwalkers airs in Oz, that they use this thread to discuss it, and not start ANOTHER one...? This one will slide, as the original is long gone.

Old Post 10-17-2002 05:32 AM
Goa`uld
Descended God

This should be in Plots and Episodes. Please take note that in the future to post episode reviews/comments in there.

Old Post 10-17-2002 08:46 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lucyace
For cryin' out loud!

Even though I enjoyed this episode, I don't think it will be one of those eps which I look back on and sigh "Ah, that was a classic SG-1 ep". The plot was good, but it just didn't make an impact on me, and however much I actually like Jonas, he was starting to get on my nerves towards the end.

quote:
What was that explanation that sam gave us about why see didn't sence the Gou'alds; "because they have no naquida in the blodd stream" But she didn't give us a explanation why there was no naquida

I agree, this part of the plot was a little shaky, the patchyness of the explanation lead to a slightly unconvincing storyline.

But hey, that's just me... I'm sure after I have watched this ep a few times I'll grow to like it.....maybe...

<--- Just Lucy

MSN: [email protected]
Add me!!

Old Post 10-17-2002 09:32 AM
Lucyace is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lucyace Click here to Send Lucyace a Private Message Find more posts by Lucyace Add Lucyace to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

The old thread is here in case anyone is overly eager to read it... (or merge it...)

Old Post 10-17-2002 09:42 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lucyace
For cryin' out loud!

Dammit, these merging threads always confuse me!

<--- Just Lucy

MSN: [email protected]
Add me!!

Old Post 10-17-2002 03:33 PM
Lucyace is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lucyace Click here to Send Lucyace a Private Message Find more posts by Lucyace Add Lucyace to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote