Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > New Goa'uld In Season 7
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Shaneo

New Goa'uld In Season 7

I know it's not yet confirmed that there is going to be a 7th season but for this thread let's just say there is..

If SG-1 were to meet a new Gou'uld, what would you like to see it named...
(Just a few suggestions here from anceint Egypt)..

Aken Ferryman of the Underworld
Ament Greeter of the Dead
Ammit Devourer of the Wicked
Amun & Amun-Re The King of the Gods
Anhur Champion of Ra
Anubis God of Embalming
Anuke Goddess of War
Anuket Goddess of the Nile
Apep The Great Destroyer
As Kindly God of the Desert
Aten The Sun Disk
Atum The All-Father
Banebdjetet God of Lower Egypt
Bast Beautiful Cat-Goddess
Bes Protector of Childbirth
The Ennead The Nine Great Osirian Gods
Geb God of the Earth
Hapi God of the Nile River
Hathor Goddess of Music and Dance
Heh and Hauhet Deities of Infinity and Eternity
Heqet Frog Goddess
Heset Goddess of Plenty
Hike God of Magic and Medicine
Horus King of the Gods on Earth
Hu God of the Spoken Word
Imhotep Lord of Science and Thought
Isis Queen of the Gods
Kabechet Helper of Anubis
Khenmu The Great Potter
Kephri The Great Scarab
Khonsu God of the Moon
Maat Lady of Truth and Order
Mafdet Goddess of Scorpions and Snakes
Mahes The Lord of the Massacre
Mehen Defender of the Sun Boat
Menhit Lion-headed War Goddess
Mertseger Guardian of the Valley of the Kings
Min God of Fertility
Montu, Warrior and Solar God
Mut Grandmother of the Gods
Nefertem Lord of the Sunrise
Nehebkau, the God who Joined the Ka to the Body
Nekhbet Goddess of the Power of Kings
Neith Goddess of War and Funerals
Nephthys Lady of the Wings
Nun and Naunet Gods of Chaos and Water
Nut Goddess of the Firmament
The Ogdoad The Primordial Creation Gods
Osiris Lord of the Dead
Pakhet The Strength of Woman
Ptah The Creator
Re (Ra) The Sun God
Renenutet Goddess of the Harvest
Satet Goddess of the Inundation
Satis Guardian of the Borders
Seker The Resurrected Osiris
Sekhmet The Eye of Ra
Serqet (Selkis) Scorpion Goddess
Seshat Goddess of writing, measurements
Set (Seth) God of Evil
Shesmu Demon god of the Win Press
Shu God of the Air and Sky
Sobek Guard of the Gods
Sons of Horus Gods of the Viscera and the Canopic Jars
Taweret Goddess Demoness of Birth
Tefnut Goddess of Moisture
Thoth God of Wisdom
Wepwawet (Upuaut) The Opener of the Ways
Wadjet The Serpent Goddess
(Some we've already seen i know.. Posted them anyway..)

Last edited by Shaneo on 08-10-2002 at 11:18 AM

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 07-30-2002 11:12 AM
Shaneo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shaneo Click here to Send Shaneo a Private Message Visit Shaneo's homepage! Find more posts by Shaneo Add Shaneo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lucyace
For cryin' out loud!

UM..... Just one very picky comment. I could have sworn that Mafdet was the cat goddess. I mean, I'm not certain.. but are you sure that your info is right?

And another thing... is this really Fan Fic?

But I think Shu would be cool

<--- Just Lucy

MSN: [email protected]
Add me!!

Old Post 07-30-2002 03:45 PM
Lucyace is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lucyace Click here to Send Lucyace a Private Message Find more posts by Lucyace Add Lucyace to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

In Celtic lore, the tale of Taliesin (sp) is a prime candidate for Goa'uld or Tok'Ra interpretation. According to legend, he was at one time a child who drank from his psuedo-mother's magic cauldron, attaining knowledge and power (akin to a symbiote's genetic memory and gestation in a swirling bath), and his mother, jealous of his attainment, consumed him and then gave birth to Taliesin proper, a prophet/magician and precursor to Merlin.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 07-30-2002 06:15 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shaneo

Heh, i dunno if its Fan Fic.. I just posted it here and figured if it wasn't a mod would move it

Old Post 07-31-2002 08:31 AM
Shaneo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shaneo Click here to Send Shaneo a Private Message Visit Shaneo's homepage! Find more posts by Shaneo Add Shaneo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

As such, the inspiration for new and previously-unseen Goa'uld lies within the realm of fan fiction, for sure as hell the show's writers ain't gonna pick it up.

Here is a transcribed passage about Taliesin, from Ronan Coghlan's Illustrated Encyclopedia of Arthurian Legend...

quote:
The Weslh story of Taliesin claims that the witch Ceriden had a brew containing knowledge or inspiration in her cauldron. The boy Gwion ingested three drops from this cauldron and in anger Ceridwen swallowed him (my note:. after he had attained the ability to shapeshift and changed himself into a grain, while Ceridwen changed herself into a hen and ate him) and later bore him as a baby called Taliesin. He was so beautiful she could not kill him but put him in a leather bag in the sea. He was found and rescued by Elphin, son of Gwyddno Garanhir. ... an alternative origin story for Taliesin says that he was magically created by Gwydion, who was probably originally a god.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 08-03-2002 05:20 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rithmah
Got Vespa?

Location: On the potak taking a shitak in the peltak with Selmak on Delmak

I personally think that it should be named Ammit because the word is so close to the word "dammit" and could therefore be the root of some very humerous lines...

Besides, Devourer of the Wicked just sounds really cool.

I have a Vespa and two cats!

Old Post 08-09-2002 03:24 AM
Rithmah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rithmah Click here to Send Rithmah a Private Message Find more posts by Rithmah Add Rithmah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

Loki would be interesting. As gou'ald who's taken possesion of a Asgard. (For those who aren't into norse myths, Loki was a giant who lived among the gods in Asgard until he betrayed them by killing the god Baldner and letting loose his children, Fenrisulven och Midg?rdsormen(the Snake of Midgard))

Old Post 08-09-2002 05:21 AM
320rwekfpl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 320rwekfpl Click here to Send 320rwekfpl a Private Message Visit 320rwekfpl's homepage! Find more posts by 320rwekfpl Add 320rwekfpl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

quote:
I know it's not yet confirmed that there is going to be a 7th season but for this thread let's just say there is..

I thought it had been confirmed there wasn't gonna be a 7th series?
quote:
anceint

Ancient!!

How long did all that linking take you?

I read a good fic once about Thoth being a Goa'uld, but I think he was a good Goa'uld (and yet not actively Tok'ra). Bit like what Hathor portrayed herself to be.

Ammit wasn't human though, and never depicted as, so it's unlikely he'd have a human host (or Unas, he's depicted as... lions head, erm, goats body? Can't remember the rest. )

Aten might be interesting, as would Heket.

I think Loki would be fun (as Goa'uld or Asguard) cos of his practical jokes side, he could be like, a renegade or something. OR just really annoyng, like Q from ST)

A few comments on your post:
- How was Sobek Guard of the Gods?
- Seth wasn't God of Evil forevar. And the link for him doesn't work.
- Sekhmet was just the other side of Bastet, thought that might make for an interesting plot, if the producers were that into AE mythology.
- I'm sure it was someone other that Satis who had the epithet Guardian of the Borders.
- Similarly, I'm sure Hapi was the god of innundation, more so than Satet.
- Isis being Queen of the Gods is highly debateable. Same with Horus.
- Why include the Ogdoad?
- Nut is goddess of the Skies more.

....You forgot Amaunet? (Thought there's a few others you don't have, but I'm not complaining)

Last edited by Venus on 08-09-2002 at 11:04 AM

Old Post 08-09-2002 11:02 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

The goa'uld are not only from egyptian myths. One of the goa'ulds was a titan.

Old Post 08-10-2002 08:04 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Yeah, I know, and there's Celtic and African stuff going on as well as Greek stuff as well. But AE is so much the bestest of all mythology.

Old Post 08-10-2002 09:15 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

And kinda what the shows is based on in a way.

Old Post 08-10-2002 10:54 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shaneo

:O thanks for picking up the Seth broken link.. Fixed that. Didn't take long to link all that.. Probably 10-15 mins.. I was bored so yeah

Ina answer to
- How was Sobek Guard of the Gods?
i dunno! It's just what the site says

Old Post 08-10-2002 11:22 AM
Marleen
Haai!

I would like to see Hades in season 7
I would like to have another season

Old Post 08-10-2002 11:26 AM
Marleen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Marleen Click here to Send Marleen a Private Message Find more posts by Marleen Add Marleen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

quote:
Originally posted by Venus
But AE is so much the bestest of all mythology.

Oh puleeeeease

Old Post 08-10-2002 11:29 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rithmah
Got Vespa?

Location: On the potak taking a shitak in the peltak with Selmak on Delmak

I would find it interesting if there was a Goa'uld of Maat because she was the Truth and Justice goddess. Obviously, someone who was known for truth and justice (and the American way?) was highly respected. Could there be a Goa'uld such as this? hmmmm....

I have a Vespa and two cats!

Old Post 08-11-2002 01:33 AM
Rithmah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rithmah Click here to Send Rithmah a Private Message Find more posts by Rithmah Add Rithmah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote