Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > Favourite Actor?
Pages (15): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
president doc

yeah, well, u keep sayin that and ill keep gettin me older women fix ok?!

and having said that, i wonders where titans gone off to.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-10-2001 11:30 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

I know where Venus gets her smilies, nyah, nyah, nyah.

But don't even try and get it outta me

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 11-11-2001 12:09 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Hehe. But I bet you don't have this one on the page - I still have some hidden stores! ...The page you have is my main resource Kamakazi, but you might wanna watch out incase doc tries to seduce you!!

Old Post 11-11-2001 12:21 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Titan
Miaouw...grrrrr....purrrr

Titan is still here, only have been poorly sick with shingles, blood poisoning and a heavy cold. Not to mention overworked and underpaid.

Still not feeling too well, but struggling to the surface.....

and my favourite actor in Stargate, to bring everyone back to the boring old subject is........

Ta Da!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Ron Halder..... of course. Who can actually act circles around all of the rest of them in reality.

Old Post 11-11-2001 08:30 PM
Titan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Titan Click here to Send Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Titan Add Titan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

quote:
Originally posted by Titan
Who can actually act circles around all of the rest of them in reality.

Wow, not heard that phrase before! Funny imagery!!

Old Post 11-11-2001 08:52 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

okay, mental blank - WHO???

Old Post 11-12-2001 01:23 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ColJ
Jack O'Neill's De-briefer

Question

Ron Halder ? Never heard of him.

Old Post 11-12-2001 04:02 AM
ColJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ColJ Click here to Send ColJ a Private Message Find more posts by ColJ Add ColJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Titan

Cool

No, you probably haven't..... I don't think he courts publicity or the film world. He's primarily a classical theatre actor, done Shakespeare, The Savage God, Bard on the Beach, but does radio, some TV and sometimes does very small parts on film. He's also a very well known fight director and staged many bouts of stage combat for theatre and TV. He's also appeared many times with George Zukerman (quite a well known bassoonist) in a theatre/orchestral production of something called The Great Mozart Hunt. He's quite well known amongst the Vancouver theatre community, especially for a role he did as Malcolm Lowrie in a play called Goodnight Disgrace.

However, if you're not interested in the theatre or serious acting, it's unlikely that you would be aware of him. You would know him as Cronus in Fair Game, Crossroads and Double Jeopardy. But because he played a baddie most Stargate fans tend to dismiss him. However, it was his stage presence that led me into a deep Stargate interest. I thought that if they attracted actors of his calibre, it was really a show worth watching.

I joke about having the hots for Cronus, but I truly admire Ron Halder's acting skill.

Most people only remember the principal actors and it constantly amazes me that a whole world of fandom has sprung up around Colin Cunningham (Major Paul Davies) and Michael Shanks who don't even have a quarter of acting skill of people like Ron, Tony Amendola, Carmen Argenziano and Erick Avari (Kasuf).

So there you are a potted history of actor Ron Halder, but I'm sure there's more to him than that....but none of it is my business. I just admire his acting ability......

And have the hots for the character he created!!!

Old Post 11-12-2001 07:18 AM
Titan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Titan Click here to Send Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Titan Add Titan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ColJ
Jack O'Neill's De-briefer

Oh yes, Cronus. How could I forget him ? He is a good actor. Too bad he got killed off.

Old Post 11-12-2001 07:54 AM
ColJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ColJ Click here to Send ColJ a Private Message Find more posts by ColJ Add ColJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

i agree....good choice titan... but my favs still jack!
carmen argenziano is also a good actor along with amanda tapping!
tapping is my second fav actress!

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Old Post 11-12-2001 02:49 PM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Titan

I'm not so impressed with AT's acting really, but I was impressed with the easy way she established a rapport at Gatecon with everyone, even though she was only there for an hour. That was very impressive. I'd like to see her in something in the theatre.

Carmen Argenziano is just one of those guys who always seems to be around and always does a good acting job, but never gets noticed really. A bit like Ron Halder. And it's such a shame, but really they are the backgone of the acting world.

Old Post 11-12-2001 05:34 PM
JoJo
Sam/McKay Shipper

Welcome back Titan! I was wondering what happened to you.

I agree, Cronus was a good actor, I hope that they bring a parallel universe version back or something.

Carmen Argenziano is a classic "Hey, It's That Guy" type of actor. You see him everywhere, but can't quite place him. He's good too.

Of course we all know RDA is the Supreme Actor of All (added so that Puddykat won't make death threats).

Old Post 11-12-2001 05:48 PM
JoJo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JoJo Click here to Send JoJo a Private Message Visit JoJo's homepage! Find more posts by JoJo Add JoJo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

titan - i agree with you - a lot of the older actors have (duh) been around for a long time, have had more chance to hone their skills, and are generally more 'mature' about the whole acting thing. maybe because they avoid the hype and lack the 'youngness' and 'good looks' of the main cast (RDA excluded) they tend to get ignored..?

out of the few you mentioned, Eric is of the guys i like the most - another one of those 'turns up in everything' but always a supporting or background roles. He has played such a diverse range of characters (of many nationalities), and i always enjoy seeing him on either the big or small screen. The same goes for Don S Davis, Carmen Argenziano.

Old Post 11-13-2001 01:29 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

You know I thought the same thing Titan. Not that I've been to a convention where she was, but the video of one I've watched...she just does well with an audience I guess.

Meanwhile I was on one of those free online dating sites ages ago, looking to match my friend up with some horrible old bloke and I found this dude who was a dead ringer for Carmen Argenziano I swear. I emailed him with a pic of Carmen and he never replied

Old Post 11-13-2001 01:30 AM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DEATH
I AM YOUR DOOM

AMANDA TAPPING IS THE ONE

Old Post 11-13-2001 05:16 AM
DEATH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DEATH Click here to Send DEATH a Private Message Find more posts by DEATH Add DEATH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote