Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Earth D.H.D
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Excalibur

Just because the Egypt gate was barried doesn't mean they would be redirected to the Antartic gate. In fact if you watch the film you will see where a Jaffa remiterialized into the ground beneath the gate.

And didn't Ra bring the antartic gate to Earth to replace the one lost at Giza?

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-16-2002 02:41 AM
Excalibur is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Excalibur Find more posts by Excalibur Add Excalibur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

Just because the Egypt gate was barried doesn't mean they would be redirected to the Antartic gate.
Yes it does.

In fact if you watch the film you will see where a Jaffa remiterialized into the ground beneath the gate.
Where's that?

And didn't Ra bring the antartic gate to Earth to replace the one lost at Giza?
I can't remember who brought the second gate to Earth. I think it might have been Sokar (Demons) but I'm not sure.

Old Post 12-16-2002 06:08 AM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheOneKEA
You shot me! DIE!!

The second gate is the Giza gate. The Antarctic gate was lost a long time ago and the Goa'uld had to get a new one.

I remember someone speculating that the Antarctic gate/DHD's P-O-O resembled the gate floating on an ocean. They said that it pointed to evidence of a huge civilization called Atlantis. I can't remember where the thread went.

No NUKAGE yet!

Old Post 12-16-2002 10:28 AM
TheOneKEA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheOneKEA Click here to Send TheOneKEA a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneKEA Add TheOneKEA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

earth's original gate, as left there by the ancients, was the one found in solitudes and as carter said, was one of the oldest ever found. The goa'uld brou8ght the second gate to earth. Considering Ra arrived here using a ship and not the stargate, i think that he brought the giza gate to earth becuase the other gate wasn't working (for lack of power in the DHD or whatever carter said in solitudes). Since the stargate system will automaticly take you to the gate which is connected to a DHD over one that's not, the goa'uld didn't find out about the antartica gate until after the giza gate was buried. They couold still gate there cos the gate still worked, just not the DHD, but the jaffa sent there froze to death.

Old Post 12-16-2002 02:10 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barry
A big honking space gun!

quote:
Originally posted by Lord ?okar

In fact if you watch the film you will see where a Jaffa remiterialized into the ground beneath the gate.
Where's that?

Its one of the deleted scenes in the Stargate special edition Dvd.

Last edited by Barry on 12-16-2002 at 04:46 PM

Old Post 12-16-2002 04:43 PM
Barry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Click here to Send Barry a Private Message Find more posts by Barry Add Barry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

well... then it wasn't really in it and doesn't really count... stop messing things up!!!

the egyptians must've buried him along with the gate because he couldn't have rematerialised in solid earth. He would have been squished on entry like with the iris.

Old Post 12-16-2002 10:32 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

the egyptians must've buried him along with the gate because he couldn't have rematerialised in solid earth. He would have been squished on entry like with the iris.
Correct. If there was enough space for him to rematerialise then the gate wasn't buried. If the gate was buried, the wormhle wouldn't have even been able to establish.

Old Post 12-16-2002 10:46 PM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Excalibur

There was enough space between the ground beneath the gate, and the coverstone above. In the extended version of the movie the jaffa that was found under the coverstone looks as if he had been compressed.

With the iris right at the event horizon, yes nothing could rematerialize. But maybe that wasn't so with a stone coverston setting above the gate.

But then again, what do I know.

Old Post 12-16-2002 10:58 PM
Excalibur is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Excalibur Find more posts by Excalibur Add Excalibur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote