Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > What's the worst episode ever? Where you just thought "BLOODY HELL... WHY!!?
Pages (14): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kmg

I liked Wormhole Xtreme. I thought it gave us viewers a chance to see those individuals who work on the crew and production (the behind the scenes people). I also enjoyed hearing the inside jokes and who/what they referenced to. For example: The crew member who snips "Who was that?" in reference to RDA (the star). As if "who does he think he is."
However, if the joke has to be explained, then no one understood the punchline.

For someone who has worked in stage productions, it was fun to see this episode just to see all of those individuals you don't see in the making of it. Kind of like a home movie.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 03-24-2002 12:32 PM
kmg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kmg Click here to Send kmg a Private Message Find more posts by kmg Add kmg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JoJo
Sam/McKay Shipper

I couldn't care less about the production crew. When I tune in Stargate SG1 that's what I want to see. Not the Gaffer, Key Grip and Best Boy running around sticking their faces in front of the camera. If they want to make a "Making of Stargate SG1" video, complete with cameo appearances by the producers and crew, fine. Just show it to the 3 or 4 people who give a rat's ass, don't bill it as an actual SG1 episode and broadcast it on Showtime.

As for the so-call "in-jokes", I didn't get them, naturally, and I felt annoyed at the exclusion.

Old Post 03-24-2002 03:28 PM
JoJo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JoJo Click here to Send JoJo a Private Message Visit JoJo's homepage! Find more posts by JoJo Add JoJo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

I liked it too. It was just a fun episode. Fun for (most of) the viewers, fun for the backstage peeps and fun for the actors.

And I think injokes are one of the best forms of humour! (Sad me ) If I was making any sort of film I'd have loads of them in it

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 03-24-2002 06:22 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

I never liked it. Whatever it is that makes Stargate what it is, wasn't in that episode. Reminds me of that Confucius quote about the three piglets suckling on the body of their mother, but that sounds quite depressing.

Old Post 03-24-2002 06:50 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kmg

Okaaay, so 1 episode out of 100 didn't deal with the SG-1 team, big deal. Jeez!

Old Post 03-24-2002 09:02 PM
kmg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kmg Click here to Send kmg a Private Message Find more posts by kmg Add kmg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nic

well I liked Wormhole X-treme too, found it funny and it was refreshing.

eps I had a shudder running down my spine are... ():

fair game, emancipation, brief candle (<-- especially this one) I refuse to think of more *g*

Old Post 03-25-2002 12:53 PM
Nic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nic Click here to Send Nic a Private Message Visit Nic's homepage! Find more posts by Nic Add Nic to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tiger

I though Wormhole X-treme was hilarious. Lots of 'in-jokes' for the loyal followers, it just required you to pay more attention. The real plot wasn't anything to write home about, but some of the jokes were great.

Worst by season, IMHO:

season 1 - Brief Candle - barely watchable
Season 2 - Bane - yecchh! predicatble and an annoying kid.
Season 3a - Rules of Enagaement - was there a point to this
Season 3b - Demons - bad teeth and some real hokey stuff
season 4 - Prodigy - they should have scarificed the annoying cadet and then made a run for it
Season 5a - The Fifth Man - just boring
Season 5b - Rite of Passage - bitchy annoying kid! like I need this
Season 5c - Fail Safe - not as bad as the other two, but very much a retread of Armageddon

Old Post 03-25-2002 02:31 PM
Tiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tiger Click here to Send Tiger a Private Message Find more posts by Tiger Add Tiger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JoJo
Sam/McKay Shipper

It was the same kid in both Bane and Rite of Passage. Yes, she was annoying. Janet should have shoved her back through the gate to her home world.

I agree about Prodigy. No one would have missed Haley.

One of my least favorite is S1 - Politics. A clip show, nothing more.

Old Post 03-25-2002 11:47 PM
JoJo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JoJo Click here to Send JoJo a Private Message Visit JoJo's homepage! Find more posts by JoJo Add JoJo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

quote:
Originally posted by JoJo
I agree about Prodigy. No one would have missed Haley.
Bose will, and I didn't mind her that much.

quote:
One of my least favorite is S1 - Politics. A clip show, nothing more.
A great episode in my opinion. It was a good showing of two different sides, had clips but had a lot of weight to it, it held the reason to lead to next episode and so on.

Old Post 03-26-2002 12:22 AM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tiger

Politics wasn't great but did provide alot of set-up for the next couple of shows. Yeah, clips shows never good , but I thought Politics was better than most.

Old Post 03-26-2002 06:07 PM
Tiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tiger Click here to Send Tiger a Private Message Find more posts by Tiger Add Tiger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

And besides, the money they saved on "Politics" helped make the next two better - more money for SFX, actors, etc.

Old Post 03-26-2002 11:40 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

which might explain why so many episodes in the 4th season (at least, it seemed that way) were filmed 'on earth'..? shorter filming time, lower budget, to make up for all the SFX and stuff they needed in the next few episodes (double jeapordy - .... OMG, i cant remember what happened in season 5!!) *hangs head in shame*

Anyway, my speculation still stands

Old Post 03-27-2002 12:59 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick Fury
Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I absolutely hated 'Emancipation' - but that could be cos I kept expecting that Mongol chieftain to do his Shao Kahn routine from Mortal Kombat. was the show supposed to be a subtle reminder that altho Sam was a tough, capable soldier, she still had cleavage???

And '100 Days'? What was that about? Jack gets all moody and vulnerable because he's cut off from the SGC??? Gimme a break - he was special forces, he wouldn't have given up so easily! And as for Laira... Serves the hussy right if he NEVER goes back!

Is it compulsory for any show that features one of the DeLouise family to offer guest spots to the rest? That's the only way I can actually explain 'Wormhole X-treme', although, it DID have it's moments...

At least SG-1 has never produced a clunker as bad as 'Spock's Brain'! <crosses fingers> So far anyway...

"I always heard living well was the BEST revenge..."

Old Post 03-30-2002 09:06 PM
Nick Fury is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Fury Click here to Send Nick Fury a Private Message Visit Nick Fury's homepage! Find more posts by Nick Fury Add Nick Fury to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Bose will, and I didn't mind her that much.
Yeah, I'd miss her, though she was more of an ogle/tongue hanging out character and I would tire of her if she was in every episode.

Old Post 03-30-2002 09:12 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

I always wonder when they play down the special forces so much, but conversely, any problem he ever encounters cant be "magicked" away just by waving the hand and saying... he was special forces man, he could take on superman with his eyes closed.

Old Post 03-30-2002 09:16 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote