Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > Prometheus (spoilers)
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

he had a annoying voice

Albert Einstein

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-12-2002 07:39 PM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D?W?R
1st Prime of Apophis

true

also he did not sound to good as a goauld too

he sucked then and he sucked when he died hehe get it ?

Old Post 11-12-2002 09:35 PM
D?W?R is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D?W?R Click here to Send D?W?R a Private Message Find more posts by D?W?R Add D?W?R to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

ok no more cheap humor for u, but no one has even awnsered my question yet, does the Prometeus have weapons or not?

Albert Einstein

Old Post 11-12-2002 09:37 PM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rithmah
Got Vespa?

Location: On the potak taking a shitak in the peltak with Selmak on Delmak

I have not seen it fire a single shot... but doesn't mean it doesn't have any weapons. I don't believe it was mentioned in the episode - that mainly dealt with the propulsion systems and so forth. But for a ship that big that's supposed to DEFEND Earth, it would be rather stupid not to put weapons on it.

Hell, if the phones don't work, what makes you think that the weapons would??

I have a Vespa and two cats!

Old Post 11-12-2002 11:58 PM
Rithmah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rithmah Click here to Send Rithmah a Private Message Find more posts by Rithmah Add Rithmah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D?W?R
1st Prime of Apophis

as I said before I dont think they had the time to install any weapons since parts of the ship had holes in them

anyways I guess we are gonna find out in the 2nd ep

or maybe the asgard will mount some weapons on it to fight the reps although I dont think they have enything like that, otherwise they would have won the war already

Old Post 11-13-2002 12:40 AM
D?W?R is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D?W?R Click here to Send D?W?R a Private Message Find more posts by D?W?R Add D?W?R to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

ok so it has no weapons we know of for now, ok now was it just me or did they not say at some point in the episode whether or not they had been able to acount for the the unstableness in the Naquadria? cause if not then shouldn't they have the same problem they had with the X-302?

Albert Einstein

Old Post 11-13-2002 02:23 AM
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

Did i hear prometheus is a joint az'gard tollan and earth venture???

Old Post 11-13-2002 04:28 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

i think its something like that, uses parts from the rosewell landing and so forth, but who knows?

No really who knows?

Albert Einstein

Old Post 11-13-2002 04:30 AM
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

Roswell???? What the hell u mean??? I wonder if any of Osiris' ship was left after the self destruct???

Old Post 11-13-2002 04:32 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

didnt u hear the Azgard have crashed in Rosewell?

Albert Einstein

Old Post 11-13-2002 06:06 AM
Paul C

Here's my review after the UK airing.

Prometheus (***)

Jack: "Hey, I thought you were going for the new body!?"

Normally SG-1 two parters are big episodes, epic episodes that end with a great cliff-hanger. 'Prometheus' succeeds only with the cliff-hanger. It isn't often that you watch an episode of SG-1 where you just have to switch off your brain, unfortunately 'Prometheus' has too many moments where the plot is advanced through rather dubious methods. We will start by the first major one, where did Prometheus come from! The show has in the past been so good at setting up future events and moving plots on naturally that a honking great big spaceship coming out of nowhere sticks out like a sore thumb! Don't say they mentioned it in Redemption, mentioning X-303 in a passing conversation isn't setting something like this up. I do think the ship is a good idea and will probably lead too some good stories in the future and we have finally started to get some major pay offs for alien tech we have got, yet the way it was introduced just smacks of the writers sitting round a table thinking 'We need a big ship, oh, two parter next week.' They should IMO have had the Goa'uld ship from 'Nightwalkers' virtually complete when they found it and then used that instead, that would have been far more convincing. Onto the second problem, the lax security. This is meant to be a massively secret project, loads of money must have been pumped into it yet 4/5 people can walk aboard with WEAPONS and take it over! 2 guards, that was all I ever saw, 2 guards!!! The inside of the facility and the ship should have been heavily guarded with many more back up protocols for securing the ship in the possibility of an attempt to steal it. Third and last, the threats to blow up the ship. Like it was ever going to happen, Simmons would never kill himself that cheaply, nor would a Goa'uld. this has obviously been planned for a long, long time, I'm sure they could have waited a while longer for the hanger doors to open, I mean how is anyone going to stop a ship that size. (At this point they didn't know Carter was free remember). This was just an attempt at tension that will always fall flat.

Onto the positive. I was really started to like Simmons as a baddie, especially when he got Goa'ulded, I really hope he isn't dead, remember dieing is a grey area for those guys The acting from all involved is as normal good and the episode is a team episode with something for all of them to do, it is episodes like this where you can see Jonas's character being more useful than Daniel's as things like this wouldn't be Daniel at all. The Prometheus itself seems like some kind of cross between Battlestar Galactica and a B5 Earth Cruiser, I like it. The SFX are obviously great (when are they not) and the episode is big budget no doubt about it. If you have read some of my other reviews you will know I like the hyperspace effect and you get to see it in use here, shallow I know but it gives the episode an extra half mark! As mentioned before this season the music has taken on a more cinematic quality, and it continues here. Good use of the Replicator theme over the TBC and Exec Producer credits at the end.

Why then have I given the episode 3 stars after the criticism? I am a sucker for action episodes, and this is certainly one. The direction, acting and SFX are very good and it is also setting up future plot threads and I don't think they are just for the second part. However I do think that one episode would have been enough to introduce the X-303 to us, I'm sure they could have fit it in during the first 3/4 episodes of the season and then a few more mentions. The cliff-hanger ending is certainly very strong and I am really looking forward to 'Unnatural Selection'. As a normal episode it would be decent enough, just as a two parter it lacks something. Finishing thought, I wonder if Donovan and the NID woman will mysteriously disappear or be killed of very quickly in part two?

Read the full review & synopsis, plus rate the episode at my site.

Old Post 11-29-2002 08:42 PM
Paul C is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paul C Click here to Send Paul C a Private Message Visit Paul C's homepage! Find more posts by Paul C Add Paul C to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex8472
dead and loving it

wow

wow
how do i follow that
lets just hope the little grey guy dosen't end up dead
what kinda reps are theyb though cus i read somewhere they are the most advanced ever so just how does this 'prometheus'
beat them if the asgard can't
and won't the reps go after new tech when they have eaten enough
(new tech being prometheus)

Old Post 12-03-2002 12:34 PM
alex8472 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex8472 Click here to Send alex8472 a Private Message Visit alex8472's homepage! Find more posts by alex8472 Add alex8472 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jwab

Personally I liked this episode - as I'm very much liking the whole series, however I did find the idea of the Prometheus a bit unrealistic, particularly the allowing of a reporter to see it.
I've kind of felt all along this series that the writers are doing great things - creating brilliant episodes, until you get to the very end of each ep, where they seem to spoil all the brilliant work they've done by rushing the ending - kind of "damn - not long left, quick lets end it!" - I personally wouldnt mind seeing MORE two parters if it helped the plot and got rid of the rushed part of what otherwise is turning out to be a good series.
One thing that did upset me in this ep tho is the mention of replicators - why, when there's a fantastic galaxy out there, do we have to concern ourselves with those annoying Meccano spiders!!! There are much better enemies in the Gateverse without having to deal with the annoying little blighters YET AGAIN!
Anyway - this is my first post, so hey to everyone! I've been lurking about non-registered for some time - and these boards look great! Cant wait to start more posting!

Old Post 12-03-2002 06:31 PM
Jwab is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jwab Click here to Send Jwab a Private Message Find more posts by Jwab Add Jwab to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charlie Carter
1/2 of the Teen Brigade!

There's one thing I don't get...

In two whole seasons, why haven't the Asgard kicked the Replicators' asses completely? Personally, I thought that was all done and dusted, no more metal creepy-crawlies. But noooooo! They're back, and it's up to SG-1 and probably another 'stupid' idea of Carters.... (not seen past Prometheus yet, so don't know)
Maybe this is to show that the Asgard aren't all-powerful, kickass aliens, but that they have weaknesses, just like the rest of us.

Bovine Revolutionary No. 23 || Gater || Serious Manic || Amateur Agony Aunt || Love child of Legolas and Venus

Old Post 12-03-2002 06:49 PM
Charlie Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie Carter Click here to Send Charlie Carter a Private Message Find more posts by Charlie Carter Add Charlie Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote