Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > Smoke and mirrors. (spoilers)
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

Yes, I haven't seen the episode. Just trying to sort out what the writers pulled out of their butt for an explanation. I, unfortunately, have "Foothold" permanently scarred in my brain, since I'd like to see those blokes return as an enemy.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-18-2002 10:40 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MPH

quote:
Originally posted by Venus
I don't mind general wandering, but this episode, Jack being framed for murder... NO connection! They could've at least done it off world or something. The whole foothold thing was sooo

Ofcourse it had connections, as it was about the NID now if he was framed for mudering a nobody then I would agree with you.
I happen to like the Earth base episodes they add alot of variety to the show.

Old Post 12-18-2002 11:24 PM
MPH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MPH Click here to Send MPH a Private Message Find more posts by MPH Add MPH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Meh. It was ok I suppose. Didn't really care either way. Poor Jack at the end though, ha ha!

Didn't see the end coming a mile away though, no, of course not (both the bit where Sam was the guy and Sent. Kinsey being alive, like, hello, his name came up in the opening credits, big giveaway).

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 12-18-2002 11:57 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Why would his name being in the opening credits give anything away?

Given that he could have had a speaking role in the begining, or that holographic copycat devices were being used, he could have had a speaking role even if he did die.

It was obvious he was probably gonna survive but that wasnt the give away

Old Post 12-19-2002 12:02 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Cos, I dunno. I just saw it and thought, he's soo not dead. He'd hardly be in it just to show a dead body. Unless he was in it before the opening, cos I missed that.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 12-19-2002 12:05 AM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MPH

I knew he was going to live as he is in the future episode Disclosure.

Old Post 12-19-2002 12:26 AM
MPH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MPH Click here to Send MPH a Private Message Find more posts by MPH Add MPH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kmg

quote:
Originally posted by president doc
Then they came out with that nice little explanation as to why Daniel wasnt copied either, his clone being blown up in the control room in that explosion we saw at the end of foothold.

At the end of Foothold, Maybourne came into the briefing room to say that the 'Daniel' alien blew up when the others did. They all self-destruct at the same time.

But as someone already said, Sam had 'Daniel's' device. It was the aliens that were destroyed.

Old Post 12-19-2002 12:32 AM
kmg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kmg Click here to Send kmg a Private Message Find more posts by kmg Add kmg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Erishian42
BLUE JELL-O

Location: USA!!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!! I'm the biggest gater in NEW ENGLAND!

ok, mine opinions of SMOKE AND MIRRORS..........

SPOILERS.

true, it didn't have anything to do with the actual Stargate itself, but still a GREAT episode.

I thought the whole thing with Carter and the Agent dude, Barret or whatever was cute. I think maybe.........in the future he will get in they way of Jack/Carter ship. but yeah, i liked him A LOT......hehe......very cute he was..........

Jonas is so so in this ep. You can really tell he's an OUTSIDER because of not knowing about the whole foothold situation.

When Carter said, "Daniel" talking about the mimicing devices my heart leaped!!!!! Just hearing the name makes me sad that he wasn't there.

GREAT Major Davis stuff!!!!!..................well.................the copycat. Colin Cunningham finally gets some ACTION!!!!!!!!! YAY!!

To bad for Jack at the end, yes..........he was NOT happy at all. I think now, he was wishing he DID kill him. just kidding....................yeah...................

Overall, i give it a 7 out of 10.

Old Post 12-19-2002 01:21 AM
Erishian42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Erishian42 Click here to Send Erishian42 a Private Message Find more posts by Erishian42 Add Erishian42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

quote:
Originally posted by kmg
At the end of Foothold, Maybourne came into the briefing room to say that the 'Daniel' alien blew up when the others did. They all self-destruct at the same time.

But as someone already said, Sam had 'Daniel's' device. It was the aliens that were destroyed.

Actually, Maybounre said the aliens "terminated". Didn't exactly describe them as blowing up (and if they did, given the effect that boys had on the Gate room, Cheyenne Mountain would have been a whole lot more crumbly, wouldn't it?).

The aliens could have "spooged" e.g. the Chigs in S:AAB.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 12-19-2002 02:26 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

I LOVE SAM

very nice subtle ship happening any ship is good for me, except if it's Sam/Daniel, or Sam/Teal'c, or other main/semi main characters (cept for Jack of course ) and i love sam and jonas and i really really liked this episode, one of the ones that seem really long. when Teal'c hang-linged the NID dude with the mimic thing on, I LOVED IT!!!! it twas the nicest one i've ever seen!! absolutely loved that part. i love sam. i wish Kinsey died, and he better not get Pres the mystery of Teal'c's driving abilities, revieled, and the explision, like Majson pointed out, was very nice as well. I love Sam very good episode, and the dubbed beginnings, i LOVE them, Thor Buddy in a Santa Hat! I FELL OFF MY CHAIR!!! i'm looking forward to the intro's as much as the eps now!

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 12-19-2002 02:53 AM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

This made me crack up...

And then the next scene where they go into a motel room, carter sitting on the bed taking her coat off....ahem. Cue more laughter.

As opposed to T saying nothing and the guy caving; that scene just made me giggle.

The dark room with the men in suits meeting near the end reminded me of XF so much. It didn't help that there was no 'stargate' in this episode - I was seriously wondering what show I was watching. Not that I didn't enjoy this one, it was much better than last week's.

Old Post 12-19-2002 03:23 AM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D?W?R
1st Prime of Apophis

I loved Tealc's interogation methods

Old Post 12-19-2002 03:43 AM
D?W?R is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D?W?R Click here to Send D?W?R a Private Message Find more posts by D?W?R Add D?W?R to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam fan

I really loved this episode. That NID guy was CUTE!(not as cute as Jack). I liked him alot!!!!!!!!! I thought the whole thing with him and Sam was really good. He was like really tryng to show off and protect her and she was like,
"What are you doing?" Oh I loved it!!!!!!!

Old Post 12-19-2002 06:42 AM
Sam fan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam fan Click here to Send Sam fan a Private Message Find more posts by Sam fan Add Sam fan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shaneo

I agree it was a gr8 ep but it's the second on-world ep in a row .. Gimmie some off-world action

Old Post 12-19-2002 09:50 AM
Shaneo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shaneo Click here to Send Shaneo a Private Message Visit Shaneo's homepage! Find more posts by Shaneo Add Shaneo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mad

I liked this ep. Tealc's interogation methods are hilarius. Was that used in a movie or something, I just thought it may have been a reference to a movie. Using Jonas to explain it all was a good touch, it emphathized(sp?) the point that he was an outsider. I knew Kinsey wasnt dead because a sypnosis for a later ep said Kinsey was proposing some new scheme or something.

Old Post 12-19-2002 12:03 PM
Mad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mad Click here to Send Mad a Private Message Find more posts by Mad Add Mad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote