Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Schedules and Air Dates > Ch7 ain't so discreet
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nug
Melon

ch7, AGAIN

Not to rehash old threads....but my goodness...they finally start making some decent promos (the one for Menace next week was quite good imo), and then they go and do this.
Did anyone else notice that they clipped the fight scene from The Warrior tonight?!?!? Augh! The action finally starts and all of a sudden Jack and Carter are cringing, and Katano is all 'hawhaw is that all you've got' and we never saw Teal'c take that hit....what the hell. They showed the training dudes smacking each other up but they clip this? BAH

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 08-22-2002 09:44 AM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Watersheds? What time was it shown?

Old Post 08-22-2002 10:06 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

GAH!! i missed it tonight, but mark my words i will be checking it frame by frame.. why cut out the very best bit????? trim the lead ins, but not the middle of a scene!!!! fookers!!!

Old Post 08-22-2002 10:27 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

Watersheds?
SG-1 is on at 7:30pm Thursday nights here. Promoted as a family action show imo, but I only remember them clipping something else out once - in Demons when Jack shoots the guy at the end..you dont see him get shot, just hear the shots and all of a sudden the guy's lying on the floor *snort*

Mind you ch7's clipping looks bloody good compared to the way ch9 chop up frasier eps...oooh let's cut this bit about sex here....cut these lines there...chopchopchopchopsnipsnipsnip.

Old Post 08-22-2002 10:49 AM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

i didn't think of that...
but.... its a PG-M military based show... HOW ABOUT SHOWING IT AT 8:30PM YOU FREAKING ASS;KUGJDSAF;t ;ksfjdbkl agklajgdsaf;kjdsah.....

*deep breath*

they still shouldnt have cut it.

Old Post 08-22-2002 11:38 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Druid
Spawn of the Hypercane

Exclamation

Yes I really thought that editing was stupid. And they've done it before, as Nug commented, in that 'Demons' scene, and also in 'The Serpent's Lair' when Danny is toasted we don't get to see his frizzled body, and also in 'Spirits' when the Salish arrow pierces O'Neill's shoulder, it comes through the glass and he is knowcked down, then we just see him cringing and saying "Oh my God" but never the wound.

Two things they didn't edit out of the series that I thought they would have were the nude scenes in COTG and Jack's profanitous "That's bullshit" in 'Within the Serpent's Grasp'.

SPOILERS
#
#
#
#
#
#
#

Just a last question - what was it that Yu wanted to show Teal'c that was so dramatic? And why did Yu let Teal'c go to warn everybody about the attack?

Old Post 08-22-2002 11:32 PM
Druid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Druid Click here to Send Druid a Private Message Find more posts by Druid Add Druid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guessed

i'd been thinking about yu myself... could it be to spread the word of his power (if he just killed everyone from orbit then no one would fear him)???

could he be just a big softie at heart??

tok'ra??? (many have said that before i know)
hey, IF a tok'ra spy did somehow manage to kill a system lord (the symbiote) could the spy then drop himself in the system lord HOST and continue to rule????

ok, ok, ok i'll stop drinking coffee before posting =)

Last edited by guessed on 08-23-2002 at 12:10 AM

Old Post 08-22-2002 11:59 PM
guessed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guessed Click here to Send guessed a Private Message Find more posts by guessed Add guessed to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

PRICKS. I WILL AVENG THEM I WILL.

Old Post 08-23-2002 09:24 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Minerva
bored machiavellian

oh bloody hell yes, wtf? when tealc landed on the ground with noone hitting him down???????

Old Post 08-24-2002 01:01 AM
Minerva is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Minerva Click here to Send Minerva a Private Message Find more posts by Minerva Add Minerva to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

Thank god I have it on disc. And here i was telling all my friends that theres a good fight scene in it.

Old Post 08-24-2002 01:20 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mac
eeeeevil herbivore

Just a quick guess.

You guys don't like Channel 7?

Old Post 08-24-2002 10:03 PM
Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mac Click here to Send Mac a Private Message Find more posts by Mac Add Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shaneo

How could anoyone like a channel sponsored by AOL..

Old Post 08-24-2002 11:44 PM
Shaneo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shaneo Click here to Send Shaneo a Private Message Visit Shaneo's homepage! Find more posts by Shaneo Add Shaneo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

slightly channel 7 bitching realted - watching 24, wondering if the chick was dead, and *gasp* they show a preview of next weeks lineup - and give away the ending of 24, and that she was still alive.

at least its good to know its not just SG-1 they give away the plot to.

Old Post 08-25-2002 01:20 AM
Venus

Does Ch 7 know how unpopular it is? Why doesn't it try and change?

Old Post 08-25-2002 09:30 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Minerva
bored machiavellian

well they have to know they're unpopular, its in the papers at least. SMH likes making fun of seven, always saying they must boost their popularity and comparing ratings with other channels.

but anyway, about Menace, the promo was annoying though, the point of the episode wasnt "Oh crap the replicators are back" its "Oh we've found a girl who could be the saviour from the replicators."

Old Post 08-25-2002 10:14 AM
Minerva is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Minerva Click here to Send Minerva a Private Message Find more posts by Minerva Add Minerva to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote