Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > Are u a closet stargate fan ?
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
maryam
*Cosmic Girl *

Are u a closet stargate fan ?

Ok now be truthful !

Who here can hosnestly say that they are a proud stargate fans or are you the type that denies you even watch the show when it's mentioned in public ?

Why is it that us sci-fi fans are made to feel ashamed of our interests ? Is it because being a sci-fi fan brands you has a nerd or geek ?

I am personally proud to admit it but offcourse i do come into some criticism and can be the subject of a joke.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-17-2002 07:40 AM
maryam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maryam Click here to Send maryam a Private Message Find more posts by maryam Add maryam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Pfft, I admit it, Its funny, some people only admit it once youve said something like ooooh "stargate stargate stargate this that this", then they're like oh I watch it too! instead of the denial and talking about how crap it is that was gonna come out of their mouth but a second before.

Old Post 12-17-2002 07:50 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

It would be pretty impossible for me to hide it even if I tried. I think the endless buying of dvds gives me away...
Anyways, I have no shame :P

Old Post 12-17-2002 12:53 PM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

Everyone that I know knows that i'm a stargate freck...When i meet new people before they say anything i ask if they like stargate.....Gets me strange looks but has also gotton me a few friends...More to it I'm one of those people that go into shops and if they don't have staragte objects in stock I like to flame them and make them order it. Poor Calander Man.

Old Post 12-17-2002 12:55 PM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DaveB

Well in my airsoft team (shameless plug coming up) www.teamkgb.co.uk my nickname is stargate! So i'm not worried about telling people i like it! In fact when my work PC startup sound is a Stargate activation!

Old Post 12-17-2002 03:00 PM
DaveB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DaveB Click here to Send DaveB a Private Message Visit DaveB's homepage! Find more posts by DaveB Add DaveB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

I don't go around wearing it on my sleeve, so to speak, but when the topic comes up I say it proudly. In fact got in a fight with a friend last weekend when we were dissing this really stupid new movie trailer we saw for a movie called "The Core". We were talking about how dumb it looks, and she said "it appeals to people who like Stargate". I told her that I was *really* offended by that -- she was kinda shocked but didn't apologize, which made me angrier. But then, she's the kind of person who thinks that her opinions are law, and no one else is entitled to theirs, so it wasn't worth persuing.

Some SF fans do tend to stay in the closet. But it was way worse 30 years ago, when SF fandom really was a ghetto. Now, though, people say things like "oh, I love Star Wars, or X-Men, or Independence Day, or Star Trek, or Tomb Raider -- but those aren't science fiction" -- when, of course, they are. Those are the people who still think SF fandom is somehow "wrong" and don't want to acknowledge that they are really fans.

Old Post 12-17-2002 04:11 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

I wouldn't deny that I love the show but I don't go around screaming I love it either (unless it came up, even remotely, on conversation). All my friends know I do and none of them think that liking sci-fi is stupid.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 12-17-2002 04:27 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

i come out and say it, im proud to be a Stargate fanatic

Albert Einstein

Old Post 12-17-2002 05:05 PM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charlie Carter
1/2 of the Teen Brigade!

I am proud of my 'freakishness' if that's what people brand it as. It really is shocking though, cos if it doesn't come up in a conversation, you never know. Two of my mates watch it, but I didn't know til I got all excited bout S6 on Sky one! So go figure...

Bovine Revolutionary No. 23 || Gater || Serious Manic || Amateur Agony Aunt || Love child of Legolas and Venus

Old Post 12-17-2002 05:20 PM
Charlie Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie Carter Click here to Send Charlie Carter a Private Message Find more posts by Charlie Carter Add Charlie Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rithmah
Got Vespa?

Location: On the potak taking a shitak in the peltak with Selmak on Delmak

I'm a mellow fan.

I don't advertise it, but I feel a distinct kinship with those who enjoy SciFi such as Stargate, Star Wars, and X-Files. Some of those Trekkies disturb me, though.

But I'm not afraid to talk about it when the subject arises.

As Kristy likes to say, "I not obsessed. I'm dedicated."

I have a Vespa and two cats!

Old Post 12-17-2002 05:24 PM
Rithmah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rithmah Click here to Send Rithmah a Private Message Find more posts by Rithmah Add Rithmah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam
Supergirl

Well, 'cause none of my friends like it, I don't talk about it a lot. But they all know I'm a fan.

It's actually frustrating 'cause I have to one to obsess over it with.

blog

Old Post 12-17-2002 05:27 PM
Sam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam Click here to Send Sam a Private Message Visit Sam's homepage! Find more posts by Sam Add Sam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charlie Carter
1/2 of the Teen Brigade!

I'm tending to lean towards Rithmah on this actually... But I still think I'm a freak!

Bovine Revolutionary No. 23 || Gater || Serious Manic || Amateur Agony Aunt || Love child of Legolas and Venus

Old Post 12-17-2002 05:27 PM
Charlie Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie Carter Click here to Send Charlie Carter a Private Message Find more posts by Charlie Carter Add Charlie Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Enami
Amigos de la puerta

I am proud to be a Stargate fan!!!!All my friends know it.And I can be talking about Stargate hours and hours until that they say me Shut up!!!!!!Oh yes, I am the greatest mad fan.

Last edited by Enami on 12-17-2002 at 06:58 PM

Old Post 12-17-2002 06:55 PM
Enami is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Enami Click here to Send Enami a Private Message Find more posts by Enami Add Enami to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Amun Ra

I dont have problems talking about Stargate, I must have seen the whole series about 4 or 5 times in the past 18 months thanks to Sky One and downloads.

Click the Link Above to become part of The Fifth Race

Old Post 12-17-2002 07:05 PM
Amun Ra is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Amun Ra Click here to Send Amun Ra a Private Message Find more posts by Amun Ra Add Amun Ra to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Wheres that comparison between sports fans and scifi fans?

There are too many to list... except they did list them and made a list.

Old Post 12-17-2002 07:19 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote