Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > Glenn Quinn
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kiya
lusus naturae

Unhappy Glenn Quinn

I don't know how many people here watch or used to watch Angel, but...

Glenn Quinn, the actor who played Doyle in the first season of Angel died last week, aged just 32.

I was just looking at the BBC's webpages last night and found this.

It's shocking when people so young die. Makes you think a lot about your own mortality.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-08-2002 08:57 AM
kiya is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kiya Click here to Send kiya a Private Message Find more posts by kiya Add kiya to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Yup, people die eventually, some sooner than others.
Shame but it happens.
I wonder how and when I'll die..hmm.

Old Post 12-08-2002 11:46 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

awww no! i liked him. he was the only reason i actually watched angel. i stopped when he left it He was in roseanne too wasn't he?

Old Post 12-08-2002 12:46 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

What was his exact cause of death ...? They so aren't gonna bring us details.

Old Post 12-08-2002 02:43 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 12-08-2002 02:59 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vern
ADSL Pirate

Havn't looked at the news for myself, but i was told he OD'd

Old Post 12-08-2002 04:00 PM
Vern is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vern Click here to Send Vern a Private Message Visit Vern's homepage! Find more posts by Vern Add Vern to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jwab

Yup - overdose seems the main theory- tho no official cause of death has been announced.
It's a shame because he was a great actor with great potential and now that's all gone - at the age of 32!

Old Post 12-08-2002 04:11 PM
Jwab is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jwab Click here to Send Jwab a Private Message Find more posts by Jwab Add Jwab to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Red Spud
with a dislike for twats

i have no sympathy for people who die while taking drugs, it's their own problem, and i see it as their own damn fault.

shame really, because he was possibly the only interesting and amusing character in Angel... but alas, if he did OD then it's his own fault. .

Industrial Light & Magic jokingly created " The Stephen Sommers Scale" to measure the extent of digital effects used in a given movie scene: the upper end of the scale, called "What Steve Sommers Wants," comes right after "Oh God, The Computer's About To Crash!"

Old Post 12-08-2002 04:42 PM
Red Spud is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Red Spud Click here to Send Red Spud a Private Message Visit Red Spud's homepage! Find more posts by Red Spud Add Red Spud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiya
lusus naturae

I heard a rumour somewhere that he died from a heart attack. Difficult to know what's true and what isn't until there's an official announcement.

Old Post 12-08-2002 04:54 PM
kiya is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kiya Click here to Send kiya a Private Message Find more posts by kiya Add kiya to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Well if he OD'd, then perhaps he did have a Heart attack.

On the one hand I thought as you did about OD'ing etc Spud, and yet I can see how it could be all to easy to fall into such habits, blame should fall more squarely on dealers.

Old Post 12-08-2002 05:06 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

it takes two to tango though.

Old Post 12-08-2002 09:16 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Red Spud
with a dislike for twats

quote:
Originally posted by president doc
blame should fall more squarely on dealers.

yeah but there would be no dealers if there wasn't any buyers. i mean it's the whole thing with film/TV. actors get paid way too much money, and what are they gonna spend it on? big houses? big cars? big women? big amounts of drugs?

but i'm reserving my judgement on him until i see a (reputable) cause of death...

Industrial Light & Magic jokingly created " The Stephen Sommers Scale" to measure the extent of digital effects used in a given movie scene: the upper end of the scale, called "What Steve Sommers Wants," comes right after "Oh God, The Computer's About To Crash!"

Old Post 12-08-2002 09:42 PM
Red Spud is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Red Spud Click here to Send Red Spud a Private Message Visit Red Spud's homepage! Find more posts by Red Spud Add Red Spud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

that's all well and true, but what of those people who do try to get help for their addiction but the dealers and their 'friends' push them into taking more and more?

Old Post 12-09-2002 10:00 AM
Vern
ADSL Pirate

If dealers and 'friends' can make you take drugs... then you either want to anyway, or are very weak minded.

Old Post 12-09-2002 10:20 AM
Vern is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vern Click here to Send Vern a Private Message Visit Vern's homepage! Find more posts by Vern Add Vern to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
O'Neill
Spam King since 1983.

quote:
Originally posted by president doc
I wonder how and when I'll die..hmm.

In a dramatic exit.

Old Post 12-09-2002 11:07 AM
O'Neill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for O'Neill Click here to Send O'Neill a Private Message Find more posts by O'Neill Add O'Neill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote