Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > bobw
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
maryam
*Cosmic Girl *

yea ur right ! It would cost a bloody fortune!
I agree, sum stargate fans would need resporators !!!!! lol
Amanda just cracked me up, especially with the zat guns resembling "dangly bits " . That was a great work out for my abdominal muscles.
Oh well i guess i can keep dreaming about a convention with the whole cast !
so wat was the convention with Don and Teryl like ?

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-14-2002 12:56 AM
maryam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maryam Click here to Send maryam a Private Message Find more posts by maryam Add maryam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Captn Carter
So I can do this....

It was awsome. Not quite as well planned as AT's con, and vortex couldn't get anything stargate related to auction off. *sigh*
But aside from that *g* Don and Teryl themselves were so funny. Don is just so different, and has only 3 things on his mind - Woman, Drinking and Flatulence.
I'm not kidding! He'd say something stupid that he did, and we'd all laugh and when we'd finnished he'd go, "Did I mention I drink?"
*g*

And during the autograph session, both Teryl and Don had stubbies on the table. Hehe.

Don was telling this one story about his most embarresing moment on Twin Peaks, and Teryl is absolutly cracking herself. It like, started with her sniggering on her chair, then ended up with her bright red nearly choking. She couldn't talk, and when she finnally managed she goes, "I've never heard that one before!" then desovled into laugher again.
Don's just staring at her, this compleatly neutral look on his face while everyone around him is cracking up.

And - We got the fluff and ruffle outta him.

For a little bit of Aussie with your Sci-fi
Austr-alien.com

Old Post 12-14-2002 04:37 AM
Captn Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Captn Carter Click here to Send Captn Carter a Private Message Visit Captn Carter's homepage! Find more posts by Captn Carter Add Captn Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maryam
*Cosmic Girl *

Hehe sounds totally awesome. I wish i could have gone !

Don sounds like a real character !

Hey were u the chick that asked AT about the fluff and ruffle ? You know id neva heard of it b4 then.... a bit shameful ay ?

So the bobw thing was worth the money ? Oh and where was that held ?

Old Post 12-14-2002 08:57 AM
maryam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maryam Click here to Send maryam a Private Message Find more posts by maryam Add maryam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

Didn't some guy ask it at the AT con???

Old Post 12-14-2002 09:36 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Captn Carter
So I can do this....

No, it was asked by a female, but it wasn't me. She'd been to gatecon or something like that...

Don did give me a kiss though! On the cheek, just after our photo. I'm like OMG!! And then (feeling very bold) I asked Teryl for a hug.

She's so tiny! Hehe.
If I could take the time off work I would go the the Syd convention, because they are SO MUCH fun! The actors are always joking around. They get it off Rick whose motto is - LTS, lifes too short. If it's not fun, its not worth doing.

Austr-alien.com

Old Post 12-15-2002 06:42 AM
Captn Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Captn Carter Click here to Send Captn Carter a Private Message Visit Captn Carter's homepage! Find more posts by Captn Carter Add Captn Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maryam
*Cosmic Girl *

I knew it was a chick !

Hey good on ya for boldy asking for a hug, id be too shy to do so !

Yea Rick seems like a lot of fun ! id love to meet him !

" If it's not fun, its not worth doing " is gona be my new motto LOL

Old Post 12-15-2002 07:18 AM
keedo

How much is the convention?
I'd love to go but it can get realy expensive because I live a few hours away from Sydney and don't have my drivers license.
That would be such a great convention, all the cast together, I'd sell my sole for that one, it's a shame it'd probably never happen.

Old Post 12-15-2002 10:26 PM
keedo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for keedo Click here to Send keedo a Private Message Find more posts by keedo Add keedo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

Check out http://www.bobw.com.au for all the details. Its not all the cast, but there are usuallt about 4-5 people from Stargate and maybe farscape or Earth Finakl Conflict or something, so there are quite a few to see and fill up the day.

Capt Carter - you been to a bobw before? which one?

Old Post 12-16-2002 12:50 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cleopatra

I'm new to this site (and thus don't know anyone yet), but I'm going to the convention in January.

I went to the first convention Michael Shanks attended back in 2001 and had a fantastic time.

My sister had to the FSF convention for me though, as I couldn't get there.

Old Post 12-16-2002 03:45 AM
cleopatra is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cleopatra Click here to Send cleopatra a Private Message Find more posts by cleopatra Add cleopatra to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ambrosia

I was planning to go down to see the "Magic of the Myth" Star Wars exhibit, but my trip was cancelled. Therefore, I'm left in the lurch and absolutely no convention going. Shame.

Hmm, I don't think I've heard of Richard Dean Anderson attending one - anyone been to one of his? And if so, what was it like?

Am

Old Post 12-16-2002 06:09 AM
Ambrosia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ambrosia Click here to Send Ambrosia a Private Message Find more posts by Ambrosia Add Ambrosia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maryam
*Cosmic Girl *

From what ive heard Richard Dean Anderson doesnt attend conventions and i think that has something to do with an incident involving a stalker.
I could be wrong though
But yeah he hasnt attending any conventions that ive heard about !

Old Post 12-16-2002 08:09 AM
keedo

Thanks JK for the website.
RDA had a stalker?
This convention sounds like something worth going to if i can get there.

Old Post 12-16-2002 11:26 PM
keedo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for keedo Click here to Send keedo a Private Message Find more posts by keedo Add keedo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maryam
*Cosmic Girl *

Someone told me he had a stalker and problems with some fans so he doesnt usually attend conventions.
im not sure bout that though !

Old Post 12-17-2002 06:53 AM
AaronUV
http://www.the5thrace.com

i went to MS's first con at BOBW and it was awesome. But the prices are WAY to expensive and the entry fee is just that. You have to pay for photo's, autographs, and merchandise yourself extra.

But if youve never been, i suggest you get along. you wont regret it.

I was planning on going, but the cash is tight, and the prices are more expensive than last time so its hard. we'll see.

"I'm A 'Gater', If i were a 'Trekkie' i'd be wearing Spock ears"

Old Post 12-17-2002 07:46 AM
AaronUV is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AaronUV Click here to Send AaronUV a Private Message Visit AaronUV's homepage! Find more posts by AaronUV Add AaronUV to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Captn Carter
So I can do this....

J,K - I've not been to a BOBW's con yet. I was at the AT one run by FSF in Syd last month (in Syd), and the Don and Teryl one run by Vortex at the beginning of this month (in Qld)

Austr-alien.com

Old Post 12-17-2002 08:40 AM