Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > GATERS FAQ - everyone please read
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KMInfinity
Nereid

Very informative. Just what I was looking for awhile back. Could use some history background...

What's remarkable about science fiction is that it's literature at its best. It doesn't exist because high schools require students to read it, or because grants are given out for it.... or because colleges have embedded it in their curriculum. It exists because it speaks to people. James Morrow

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 09-14-2002 03:15 AM
KMInfinity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KMInfinity Click here to Send KMInfinity a Private Message Find more posts by KMInfinity Add KMInfinity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

if i knew the proper history of this place, i would definatly like to add it. but i dont, and i only know of two, three who do... Goa'uld..?

Old Post 09-14-2002 05:16 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlxCds

where it says Head over to gateworld, that link does not work.

Old Post 09-14-2002 05:37 PM
AlxCds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlxCds Click here to Send AlxCds a Private Message Find more posts by AlxCds Add AlxCds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vern
ADSL Pirate

Bose i believe i know of something which could help out on the gallery front. Possibly save you doing any work at all
Here's the link. It isnt cheap though

There is a gallery mod ive thought about for phpBB. I think its based on this so perhaps you could work on integrating that with Vb.

Last edited by Vern on 09-14-2002 at 08:54 PM

Old Post 09-14-2002 08:43 PM
Vern is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vern Click here to Send Vern a Private Message Visit Vern's homepage! Find more posts by Vern Add Vern to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

Photopost reeks. It has the worst coding ever apparently. (Not checked it myself, but the vB developers had a thread mocking it.) I think it would be easy enough to create your own simple solution.

Old Post 09-14-2002 09:56 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

quote:
if i knew the proper history of this place, i would definatly like to add it. but i dont, and i only know of two, three who do... Goa'uld..?

Not that I'm G...but I'll have a go.
A long freaking time ago, there was a website called sg-1.net. It was the largest sg1 fan site - made up of a mix of former separate sites I do believe. It had forums on it but sometime around the end of '99, sg-1.net closed down. Sean the owner went to work for MGM to build the official site and part of the deal I believe was shutting down his site...? Could be wrong. Anyway when it shut down, a lot of people migrated to Meli's betasite forums (of which I can't find a working url for now, see http://sg1web.com/comm_discuss.php ). Somewhere along there The Keeper popped up and announced he had set up another forum for people to use (it was hosted on colonialsomethingorother.com...can't remember :P) and later recieved it's own domain name gaters.net. Since then it has switched from ubb to vbulletin...and that's it I think.
Someone'll have to put it into readable form if you want to add it to the faq

Old Post 09-19-2002 08:04 AM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

So ... this getting integrated anywhere?

Old Post 09-29-2002 01:17 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

quote:
Originally posted by Venus
So ... this getting integrated anywhere?
No.

Old Post 09-29-2002 03:26 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

because......?

I'm still waiting to hear what the Keeper decides.

Old Post 09-30-2002 03:42 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Oh, OK, just checking. Though ... what would the reasons be for not integrating it?

Old Post 09-30-2002 10:05 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

quote:
Originally posted by Jaffa, Kree!

I'm still waiting to hear what the Keeper decides.

Old Post 09-30-2002 11:03 AM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

For what reason would the Keeper decide not to integrate it?

Old Post 09-30-2002 01:40 PM
president doc

couldnt be arsed? who knows!
In the end its upto the keeper..hence "...waiting to hear what the Keeper decides."

Old Post 09-30-2002 02:40 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

quote:
Originally posted by Venus
For what reason would the Keeper decide not to integrate it?
Laziness I imagine.

Old Post 09-30-2002 04:58 PM
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

WOW this whole general forum is confusing, however it is interesting.

Old Post 10-06-2002 04:57 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote