Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > Video and Stream Shut Down
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

Exclamation Video and Stream Shut Down

Video and Stream has now shut down because of something to with some guy in Australia. God knows who it is though. The announcement is made here:
http://videoandstream.tripod.com/

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 10-30-2001 10:48 AM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

some guy in sydney using iprimus. One the V&S site it says email them and tell them someone using that IP was deleting files....what i want to know is since when deleting files you have the password to is against T&S? And plus that IP is the proxy server sheesh...good one.

Old Post 10-30-2001 10:59 AM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

He could just move hosts... get a new account, whatever.
Unless this hacker dude has some kind of remote access to this guy's computer, i don't see why he would get hacked further.

must be hella frustrating though.

Old Post 10-30-2001 01:01 PM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

It's probably because the passwords to each account are given out publicly in order to gain access to each file. The webmaster probably trusted that no one would abuse this system, but someone did.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 10-30-2001 03:58 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

oh lol, well duh.
I remember the first site (that eventually just gave their files to gammaquad) to give out sg-1 eps, used to do that too.
No one was an ass back then. I actually uploaded more movies and stuff for them too into the account.

He needs to get a set up like sg-1archive, and just let people download, and not delete and upload.
There are several methods to do this, either by just putting the files on http or ftp protocols, or if you are granting access to a file system through a password, then there are ways you can have certain user access levels have read only access.

Old Post 10-31-2001 12:32 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Like they never thought of that

Old Post 10-31-2001 03:37 PM
Venus

Question

It's amazing how little of this thread I understand, with all the technobabble.

Dunno if this is off topic, but can someone explain the whole thing about downloading eps from the net? I've considered it a few times, but never done it. I mean, how long does it take, is it good quality, how much memory does it use, can you get viruses, etc etc.

Old Post 10-31-2001 06:34 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

How long it takes depends on the size and your type of connection. The ones on SG-1archive are usually 20Mbs, V&S one's are bigger. The 20Mb episodes take up to 2hrs on the 56k modem. The space they take up also depends on how big they are (duh). The quality is shite (again the bigger the download the better the quality) and tiny but hey, you get to watch the episode!

Old Post 10-31-2001 07:11 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Hmmm... think I'll wait and get it from SKy...

Old Post 10-31-2001 08:32 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Well when Sky aren't showing episodes and you're dying to see them just after showtime have aired them then it's good because Video and streams videos were of the same dimensions of the SG-1 Archive, but because they were larger the picture was not as distorted. However seeing as the topic of this thread is that V&S is shut down you won't need to bother downloading them, even more so that Sky One is airing new eps.

Old Post 10-31-2001 09:06 PM
Jaffa, Kree!

did V&S get the eps from Sky one or did you have to wait until they aired on showtime...?

do we know if gammaquad/sg1archive.net is getting them from the UK again this year?

Old Post 11-01-2001 02:19 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Video & Stream

quote:
Originally posted by nug
some guy in sydney using iprimus. One the V&S site it says email them and tell them someone using that IP was deleting files....what i want to know is since when deleting files you have the password to is against T&S? And plus that IP is the proxy server sheesh...good one.

Guess he won't miss it that much.

Old Post 11-01-2001 05:47 AM
Video & Stream is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Video & Stream Click here to Send Video & Stream a Private Message Find more posts by Video & Stream Add Video & Stream to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

who won't miss what?

Old Post 11-01-2001 07:08 AM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

miss v&s

Old Post 11-01-2001 08:57 AM
Venus

quote:
Originally posted by Video & Stream

Creepy... V&S has a voice...

Old Post 11-01-2001 06:35 PM