Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Differences between Stargate and Rings
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

The Goa'uld generally steal other technology rather than make their own. They got the Tollan to make the bomb for them instead of getting the plans and making them themselves, for example.

She hitched a ride to misery

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 09-26-2002 08:17 AM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HailApep

I've noticed that sometimes, The Rings need other rings about to pick someone up and send them somewhere. Like when people are leaving a planet to go to a ship. But there are other times, when the cargo ship's rings pick up people or objects (like big space mines?) without other rings.

Apophis, Cronus, Megatron, Darth Vader, Apocalypse, the list goes on and on!

Old Post 09-27-2002 08:00 PM
HailApep is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HailApep Click here to Send HailApep a Private Message Find more posts by HailApep Add HailApep to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

EVERY BODDY, watch the devil u know, the rings just materialize out of the floor!!!!!!!!

Old Post 10-06-2002 04:02 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

Dude, watch the ring transporter in "Enemies", where the covering deploys open first before the rings are raised.

Why should I draw comparison between a Season 3 episode and a Season 5 episode? Should be obvious to anyone with understanding of show and SFX budgets...

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 10-06-2002 05:39 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

They probably need another set of rings to travel through things or to travel long distances but when this is not the case, one set of rings will suffice (as in Tangent for example).

And, the show is infamous for it's inconsistancies

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 10-06-2002 01:15 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brent

The Ancients built the Stargate and it's network system

The Goa'uld built the Ring Transporters (or stole the technology needed and built them)

The Stargate technology is way much more advanced then the Ring Transporters...

Old Post 10-06-2002 03:19 PM
Brent is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brent Click here to Send Brent a Private Message Visit Brent's homepage! Find more posts by Brent Add Brent to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

In Devil you no and in the Tokra and in exodus the rings all just pass through solid matter (out of phase). In the old style tel tak they just go straight through the floor but the new ones, there is a compartment that splits, falls down and away to allow ring passage.

Old Post 10-07-2002 01:24 AM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brent

quote:
Originally posted by Lord ?okar
In Devil you no and in the Tokra and in exodus the rings all just pass through solid matter (out of phase). In the old style tel tak they just go straight through the floor but the new ones, there is a compartment that splits, falls down and away to allow ring passage.

i noticed that too, just watched The Devil you Know today again...

they just go right through the floor of the cargo ship lol

i think it's a boo boo on the writers part... or something

they 'shouldn't' go through solid matter like that... they are suppose to be 'tucked away' into the floor or something with a compartment that opens and they fly up or down... prolly something to do with 'magnets' as Jack would say

Old Post 10-07-2002 01:33 AM
Brent is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brent Click here to Send Brent a Private Message Visit Brent's homepage! Find more posts by Brent Add Brent to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

I have a question to what ring do they transport that matter??? I don't know if this question has been answered before but if it has got a link??

Old Post 10-07-2002 05:21 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

This is the whole point of the topic: over short distances, the rings can work as a one piece unit.

Old Post 10-07-2002 05:23 AM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brent

Right, I 'guess' in very short distances the whole thing can act as one unit

but in longer distances it requires two units

and then from planet to ship it requires that beam you see for even longer distances and that maybe is the longest it can transport....

except for in the devil you know which clearly the cargo ship did not have rings in the bottom, it seems the rings from the planet actually went up to the ship with the team and right through the floor lol

i still don't know wha to make of that one yet, if that's true then it blows the whole theory outta the water here, heh

Old Post 10-07-2002 05:49 AM
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

No in devil u no the cargo ship had rings but they just went into the floor. The rings on Vorash are a fair ways from the gate but the teltak was right beside it and so were they when they called the rings from the ship to them. For your signature the stargate in goa'uld is Chapp'ai.

Old Post 10-07-2002 05:58 AM
Man of less sorrow

Since sokar made a point of trying to correct me i shall correct him: Chaap'ai not

quote:
Chapp'ai.

The rings could be adapted using a relay system to travel further distance. i think so anyway

Old Post 10-14-2002 06:17 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

He wasn't trying to correct you. But you are pursuing a childish game of one-upmanship.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 10-14-2002 06:32 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Man of less sorrow

I need not play

quote:
one-upmanship.

with lord sokar, he is well known to me. we always play tit 4 tat. we call that: Arguing

Old Post 10-14-2002 06:35 AM