Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Fan Fiction > fic: circumstances
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
skydiver

fic: circumstances

someone was asking about posting fic here...ok.
Title- Circumstances

Author- Denise

E-Mail - [email protected]

Category- Angst, Missing Scene

Archive Heliopolis, Stargate Fan, Anyone who wants it, just let me know please

Season- 5

Spoilers ? 2001 big time, little ones for D&C, Cold Lazarus

Rating- PG

Content Warning- Kleenex warning I think

Summary- A gesture from the grave opens some old wounds

Disclaimer Stargate Sg-1 and its characters are the property of Stargate (II) Productions, Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This story is for entertainment purposes only and no money exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author. This story may not be posted

elsewhere without the consent of the author.

Circumstances

By

Denise

Jack O?Neill signed at the outer checkpoint of the Cheyenne Mountain Facility, glancing curiously at the vase of roses on the desk. "Hot date?" he asked the sergeant.

"Sir?"

Jack pointed at the flowers, an odd juxtaposition of grace and beauty perched on a sterile gray metallic surface.

"Oh, they?re for one of the female officers sir. I was going to deliver them on my break."

"I?m headed down now. I can take them for you," Jack said, oddly eager to play the FTD man. It would be a nice change to make someone?s day.

"If you?re sure sir." The sergeant handed him the vase of long-stemmed yellow roses.

"I?m sure," Jack affirmed taking the vase. "Who are they for?"

"Aah?" The man searched his clipboard. "I?m not certain?"

"We could just read the card." Jack pulled the small piece of paper out of the plastic holder and got a sick feeling in his stomach. ?Major S. Carter.? Great.

Realizing if he changed his mind now he?d just make things worse he turned and walked towards the elevator.

?Smooth move Jack,? he cursed waiting for the car to arrive. There?s already a whole branch of the grapevine dedicated to him and his second and here he was bringing her roses, while she was in the infirmary no less.

The car arrived, fortunately empty, and he got in, punching the button for level 11 with a vengeance. As the doors closed he glanced at his watch, 0715. It was still early; maybe the hour would increase his chances of getting to the infirmary and dropping the flowers off unseen. And didn?t Siler once say that more folks used corridor A instead of corridor C?

As he plotted he cursed the circumstances the made him plan how best to deliver flowers to his second without being seen.

It was stupid to feel guilty but damnit, things had just started getting comfortable again. The last thing either of them needed was another round of ?Love, SGC Style?.

The door pinged and he got out, using his card to access the second car that would take him the rest of the way down.

Fortunately he didn?t pass any more personnel on his way to the infirmary and slipped quietly into the room. As far as he knew, Carter was the only patient at the time so he should be able to sneak in and out without being seen.

His plans came to a screeching halt when he caught sight of Janet Fraiser, walking out of her office, empty coffee cup in hand. "Doc, you?re in early," he said lamely.

"Doctor Warner and I switched shifts. Very nice," she said, nodding towards the flowers.

"Yeah?Aah, they were left up top. I thought I?d bring them down," he explained. "Honestly," he said at her skeptical look.

She frowned then a look of horror crossed her face. She frantically looked at her watch. "Oh my God."

"What?"

"Joe."

"Who?"

"The ambassador. They had a date tonight," she whispered, jerking her thumb towards the bed behind the privacy curtain.

Jack looked from the white curtain to the flowers in his hand, now resembling more of an emotional land mine than a gesture of esteem. It had moved that far? He?d known they had had lunch in the commissary and he hadn?t been able to miss the slight spring in her step the last few days. He?d been happy for her, a little non-alien male attention was just what she?d needed.

The anguish in her voice as she?d laid on the ramp suddenly made more sense.

Leaving behind someone you were responsible for was hard enough, leaving behind someone you cared for, even a little, was even harder. Hell, he hadn?t been able to do it, not back on that ship. True the fate of earth hadn?t been immediately threatened but he hadn?t even considered leaving her behind.

Making a snap decision he turned on his heel.

"Colonel, what are you doing?" Janet asked, putting a restraining hand on his arm.

"I?ll make them go away," he said.

"They?re her flowers."

"They?re flowers from a dead guy, someone she already feels horrible about leaving behind. She doesn?t need the reminder," he said remembering all too well the little landmines he?d found over the years. The pictures of Charlie and Sara that would fall out of between books, the t-shirt from the back of his closet he?d worn when Charlie had taken his first steps. The old movie on TV that he and Sara had watched in the theaters on their first date. The occasional call from a telemarketer asking for the ?lady of the house?.

Each of them had been a tiny stab of pain worming its way through his armor, armor he?d spent years trying to build up.

"She may not need the reminder, but she might want the memories," Janet said, taking them from his hand.

Jack stood in the empty room as Janet walked past the curtain. He could hear a muttered conversation and guessed that Sam had woken up. In the quiet of the room he could hear the rasp of an envelope being opened and the muffled sniffs of smothered emotions. He heard more conversation, mainly from Janet, then the click of heels as she left the cubicle, surreptitiously wiping her eyes.

He met her gaze and nodded his thanks as she went back into her office.

He left the room, cursing the circumstances that not only resulted in him inadvertently hurting his friend, but also required that she face her hurt alone.

~Fin~

not shippy per se...but you could project

Let Them Eat Cake!
http://www.geocities.com/letthemeatcake2002/index
Where in the World is George Hammond?
http://www.geocities.com/witwigh/index
The Gatereview
http://www.gatereview.net/
Interested in a Virtual SG-1 Season 6?
For more info go to: http://www.spacemonkeys-gate.com/vs6/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Hey, Anubis, this is your agent. You're playing it way over the top, can you get serious please?'

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-03-2001 02:21 AM
skydiver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skydiver Click here to Send skydiver a Private Message Visit skydiver's homepage! Find more posts by skydiver Add skydiver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

mwah *big kiss*
that was so sweet...awwwww
again *big kiss*
please write more fic that was so in character for all of them
please please please
write more fic!!!
thanx

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Old Post 11-03-2001 10:50 AM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skip
VAE VICTIS

*sniffle* great as ever sky *wahhhhh*
ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Old Post 11-03-2001 01:39 PM
Skip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skip Click here to Send Skip a Private Message Visit Skip's homepage! Find more posts by Skip Add Skip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coffeecup

Thumbs up

skydiver is one of the few writers I will read. (psst, skydiver, can I have my coffee now?

Old Post 11-04-2001 10:03 PM
coffeecup is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coffeecup Click here to Send coffeecup a Private Message Find more posts by coffeecup Add coffeecup to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

Brought tears skydiver. Nice story.

BTW, Hi skydiver and coffeecup! Welcome back.

Old Post 11-05-2001 07:37 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

And this is probably one of the safest places to hide from Goa'uld. He doesn't really like fan-Fic so you won't see him in here much

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 11-05-2001 07:50 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JoJo
Sam/McKay Shipper

Skydiver, that fic was really good. A bit shippy, but not maudlin or Harlequin romancey.

Was Ambassador Joe an alternate reality version of Al Gore?

Old Post 11-05-2001 08:06 PM
JoJo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JoJo Click here to Send JoJo a Private Message Visit JoJo's homepage! Find more posts by JoJo Add JoJo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

Joe's not dead wahhhhh

Old Post 11-06-2001 10:44 AM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

Joe might not be dead - but I don't think he's ever coming home if he is still alive....

Last edited by shiloh on 11-06-2001 at 06:47 PM

Old Post 11-06-2001 05:25 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skydiver

goauld doesn't come here? cool.

i for one also hope joe isn't dead. i mean in 2010 he was a complete and total jerk...but in 2001 he was soooo sweet.
i just have this image of this cute potato farmer on volia missing someone that he can't remember

thanks for all the feedback, it is greatly appreciated....and coffee yes you can have your mocha cappucchino now

Let Them Eat Cake!
http://www.geocities.com/letthemeatcake2002/index
Where in the World is George Hammond?
http://www.geocities.com/witwigh/index
The Gatereview
http://www.gatereview.net/
Interested in a Virtual SG-1 Season 6?
For more info go to: http://www.spacemonkeys-gate.com/vs6/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Hey, Anubis, this is your agent. You're playing it way over the top, can you get serious please?'

Old Post 11-06-2001 05:42 PM
skydiver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skydiver Click here to Send skydiver a Private Message Visit skydiver's homepage! Find more posts by skydiver Add skydiver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote