Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > Rpg
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sarah

Rpg

Hi everyone!
Does anybody know of an established RPG that allows the players to be Tolkra?
Thanks.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-11-2001 03:41 AM
sarah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sarah Click here to Send sarah a Private Message Find more posts by sarah Add sarah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DEATH
I AM YOUR DOOM

i know an established rpg at http://embark.to/sgcsimming

but i dont know if you can be a tokra i will tahl to ash man and see what we can do

Old Post 11-11-2001 05:52 AM
DEATH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DEATH Click here to Send DEATH a Private Message Find more posts by DEATH Add DEATH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Ash Man

oooooooooooh somebody's advertising my rpg, thankyou very much death

We're currently thinking of creating a Tok'ra team, we've already got one Tok'ra, so i guess we could create another.

PM me and we can discuss it further

ash

Old Post 11-12-2001 05:20 PM
The Ash Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Ash Man Click here to Send The Ash Man a Private Message Find more posts by The Ash Man Add The Ash Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sioku
Snapes personal assistant

um....excuse me 4 being thick, but what r u all talking about rpg or whatever?

Old Post 11-12-2001 06:33 PM
Sioku is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sioku Click here to Send Sioku a Private Message Visit Sioku's homepage! Find more posts by Sioku Add Sioku to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Its a Role Playing Game, but I don't get it either Ash. You pay by e-mail, and get sent (fictional) missions?

Last edited by Venus on 11-12-2001 at 06:45 PM

Old Post 11-12-2001 06:41 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

yup... u play by writing yourself into a large interactive evolving piece of fiction... what usually happens though is some buffon goes and writes something which u dont like, and then some other stuff happens.

Old Post 11-12-2001 06:50 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

lol. So, do you play doc? Is it worth it? How often do I have to check my e-mail?

Old Post 11-12-2001 06:53 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

lol, no, well sorta....and when i did, wasnt email...and..well, SIGH, just try it, lifes to short to not try things...except drugs.. DONT TRY DRUGS KIDS...and if you absolutely must, you can have a non inhaled puff of a cigarette!

Old Post 11-12-2001 07:29 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Ash Man

Talking ROFLMAO

That's hilarious doc.

as the Doc said, PBEM (Play by E-Mail) RPGs are where you become part of a mission. Examples of such e-mails can be found at our yahoo groups archive (huge groan from audience) at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sgcbasestaff.

It's good fun, but your inbox does get swamped when alot of people are active, and a mission is at it's peak.

Having said that, i hardly have time to post anymore, and my website hasn't been updated in something like 2 months... but i am working on an update sometime soon... hopefully .

ash

Old Post 11-12-2001 10:01 PM
The Ash Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Ash Man Click here to Send The Ash Man a Private Message Find more posts by The Ash Man Add The Ash Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

do you post in turns? or is it kinda free-for-all? how do you control something like that? i mean, if there are heaps of people posting at once, how do you keep the story straight? what if i said i killed some alien dood, when at the same time, someone else had gone off to make an alliance with them - what happens then?

I could never get my head around the idea of how it's played - i get the concept, but can only play more structured, realtime RPGs (argh, gamer... anyone ever read Knights of the round table??)

Old Post 11-13-2001 01:00 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Ash Man

it all depends JK... if it's a real busy RPG, then things can get confusing.... and when Yahoo groups farks up posts can take days to reach you, and even get sent to you out of turn, so you end up getting totally confused.. eh? what was i saying again?

Anywhoo... it fairly easy to run, you just let yahoo do all the hard work... it the adding people to the list that i really hate.. all that copy and pasting... i've got a backlog of 10 applications (or somethin like that) i really should add to the list... but with things bein as they are with college and work, it a pain in the ass

Old Post 11-13-2001 01:18 AM
DEATH
I AM YOUR DOOM

yea put me on the roster

i got a freind who i s wating too bt i dont know if i putin hs email right but if i didnt ill just sine him up again(oh and if your wondering why i am signing him up is cause for some reason the site dont work on his comp, oh and to get the recruter award)

Old Post 11-13-2001 04:48 AM
DEATH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DEATH Click here to Send DEATH a Private Message Find more posts by DEATH Add DEATH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

Sounds like too much work to be of any true fun. I'd rather get my interactive kicks by writing deeply involved fan fiction. At least you get to play God in that venue and make the characters do whatever you want them to do. I'd rather be a deity than a player.

"Aw, crap! I think they left Tribbles in here..."

Old Post 11-13-2001 05:01 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DEATH
I AM YOUR DOOM

all i havto say is you little horney F**K
oh and where do you post yours

Old Post 11-13-2001 06:01 AM