Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > Entity
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nug
Melon

Question Entity

if ($entitygood == true) { ignorethispost }
else {

Alright. Someone who likes this episode please explain to me why you like it.
I just finished yelling 'LAAAAAAAAAAAAME' at the tv.

New gripes I've come up with after watching it on tv...not gonna bother rehashing my original problems with this ep.
1. That entity thing....why the hell would you tell your 'enemy' how you're vulnerable. I mean it just went and told them radio waves injure their world. Not very smart for a high tech being thing is it really.
2. That typing thing again. Except this time instead of the old 'hit three keys and out comes a sentence thing' I realised something else. The bit where the entity hits a few keys and then the voice says 'Then I am Major..' and jack cuts her off and goes 'no you're not'. In human to human dialogue you can cut people off like that...cause they'll stop talking when you start. But Jack cut off a machine...how come the machine stopped talking?
What...did the entity only type 'Then I am Major.' ? Like that makes sense?!?!
3. Anyone else notice the 'lightning plates' used in the Entity's nest? You can buy them at novelty stores....like the sort that sell lava lamps They use them in those borg bits in trek movies too..ahh how embarrassing.

On another note...it's quite humorous watching this ep again after not seeing it for a while.

}

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 10-25-2001 12:05 PM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

This is what a lightning plate is if you didn't know...
http://twisted.iwarp.com/gag3.html

Old Post 10-25-2001 12:36 PM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

Yes I noticed those lightning plates too.
what a joke this episode was.

Old Post 10-25-2001 01:00 PM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

damn, i'm shitty i missed this one tonight, cause i liked it. why....?

ANGST!!!

who needs good story lines and and intelligent plot when you have teary eyes and sam strapped to a bed?????? i rest my case..

Old Post 10-25-2001 01:02 PM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

hell it wasn't even decent angst. I mean they've done the whole 'sam strapped to a bed' and 'jack's worried sam might die' thing before. And they've done it better

Old Post 10-25-2001 01:43 PM
Blue Entity
Storm Chaser

Details, details... it was good for a stand alone.

All I'm thinkin' is that SG-1 will have some SERIOUS psychological fallout when they retire! Think of all the sh*t they've been thru? The writers just LOVE putting Sam in an Exorcist dependent role don't they? As if a Tok'ra wasn't enough! Now it's bloody computer chips in the brain! Damn! She'll need a fix!!

Old Post 10-25-2001 01:53 PM
Blue Entity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Entity Click here to Send Blue Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Entity Add Blue Entity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

yeah being a shipper i wasnt really concentrating on the plotline i was more happy with the fact that mr hammy knows about the stuff between sam and jack .... its so romantic *puddykat gets a distant look in her eyes*
and i dont think your second point is really valid!! because she could of been saying just i am the major cos it does make sense because of what jack said before!
so i really liked the episode!!!!
and before you ask nug, no.... i havent been at the catnip!

Old Post 10-25-2001 01:53 PM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

*Trying really hard to be positive* I though it had good suspense...

Old Post 10-25-2001 06:19 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

hahaha
nah i liked it because you again get to see jack playing with a pen ... he done it in children of the gods!!!!!

Old Post 10-25-2001 06:22 PM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

I *loved* the confrontation scene with Jack and the Entity, when Daniel promises not to send any more probes, and Jack interrupts him. "We will. We'll send probe after probe, I don't care what it does". The entity says 'no, you can't', and Jack with cold eyes snaps back. "You've read my file. Think again". Chills.

Plus who can ever forget:

O'Neill: Forget to change the lightbulb, Siler?
Siler: It's not my job, Sir. (Jack glares at him) ahem... yes Sir, lightbulb. Very amusing.

Old Post 10-25-2001 07:45 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

poor old siler.... i woulded mind getting a look from those eyes!!
have you noticed siler has got his ass kicked a few times!
like in
[spoiler]
upgrades and matter of time! god he really got his ass kicked in upgrades!
[spoiler]

Old Post 10-25-2001 08:22 PM
nug
Melon

Still haven't learnt how to use that eh puddy?

quote:
and i dont think your second point is really valid!! because she could of been saying just i am the major cos it does make sense because of what jack said before!

No no the entity said 'Then I am Major...' those were her exact words. And hence they make no sense. If it was 'I am the Major' I wouldn't have drawn the conclusion that Jack cut her off. Rewatch that scene and tell me if you think Jack cut her off ;P
Ok so it's a minor booboo....but then it's the minor ones that get to me. Lotsa lil niggling ones.

The best part of this ep IMO was the memo line...that's about it really :P

Old Post 10-25-2001 08:39 PM
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

im starting to think that jack really isnt getting his memos..
didnt jack mention sams name then the entity say then i am major.... im not sure your proberly rite nug....shame we dont have that piccie of you anymore... i mite have to ask the peep who put it up last time to put it up again hehe

Old Post 10-25-2001 08:53 PM
JoJo
Sam/McKay Shipper

I have to say I thing Entity was one of the worst for many reasons, the ridiculous premise, RDA's usual constipated look whenever the script required him to appear in love with Sam. However, I think the extremely sappy music really pushed it over the edge.

I think Scribe put is best in her story which can be found at: www.btinternet.com/~clark/shower20.htm

Old Post 10-26-2001 05:59 PM
JoJo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JoJo Click here to Send JoJo a Private Message Visit JoJo's homepage! Find more posts by JoJo Add JoJo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

jojo.. u are so against shippers its unreal.. but you got me laffin with the constipated look! i can see it now! lol

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Old Post 10-29-2001 12:43 PM