Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Poll-Favourite Species
Who is your favourite species?
This poll is closed.
Tollan 1 2.22%
Ancients 7 15.56%
Nox 10 22.22%
Az'gard 13 28.89%
Goa'uld 6 13.33%
Tau'ri 5 11.11%
The species from Foothold 0 0%
Unas 3 6.67%
Total: 45 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kiya
lusus naturae

Well, whatever the rights or wrongs of this thread...

I vote for the Nox. Peaceful, clever and wise.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-04-2002 06:31 PM
kiya is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kiya Click here to Send kiya a Private Message Find more posts by kiya Add kiya to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_.:?nubis:._
*NUKED* *
Kamakazi Casper
*NUKED* *
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

sin't asgard a place in norse mythology? voted for them, but personally the ree'tou kick ass and look cool.

Old Post 11-06-2002 10:16 AM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

I thought you were all anti-apostophes, why've you used them so much in the poll choices then?

Last edited by Indiana on 11-30-2002 at 04:54 PM

Old Post 11-06-2002 10:47 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

I'm anti-apostrophes.

The only 2 justifiable apostrophes I've seen in SG-1 are:

Chapp'ai
and
Zatnik'tel

Where a vowel actually is missing. That said I will continue to use them where the show says they should be but they actually shouldn't(Rya'c, Bra'tac, Tau'ri and Goa'uld), but not for words where the spelling is unknown.

Old Post 11-06-2002 08:04 PM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

Sokar lord of the underwold, do u have dvd, answer: No question do u have subtitles, NO, u cannot say whether u have seen any apostrophies.

Old Post 11-07-2002 02:57 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

dvd's aren't the only way to get the correct spelling of character names. In fact, they are usually wrong, because subtitling is subcontracted by the makers of the dvd, not done by the studio, and are in most cases, wrong.

Old Post 11-07-2002 03:20 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

This is off topic, but seems to be cropping up on a lot of threads. So while JK is justifying us going off topic, I woudl just like to say ...

I don't see how zatnik'tel is the "right" spelling - we've never seen it written down, it could just as well be zatnikitel. Secondly, apostophes are only used for missing letters in the English alphabet (or Romance languages, and Roman alphabet); there is no reason you should apply it to translations of Goa'uld (or AE: though I think spelling Sha're with an apostophe may be correct to show that the name is two words joined together?) For example numerous sites in Egypt have apostophes in, but it's not cos of a missing letter (I think). Like Tel-el'Daba. And I don't know why Tel is hyphenated either, it's a separate word from el, though I have no clue what the last two words mean or signify.

And Anubis... How do you know whether Sokar has the DVD's or not? Do you know each other in RL?

Old Post 11-07-2002 09:38 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

Since Venus mentioned other threads i will say again: No amount of english characters will ever be paramount to the heiroglyphs, and by that argument all spelling are wrong, who really cares? the only reason i bought it up is because someone was telling me I spelt something wrong, i am now thinking about editing that post to oblivion.

And yes Venus, i do know him in RL!

Last edited by _.:?nubis:._ on 11-07-2002 at 10:06 PM

Old Post 11-07-2002 10:04 PM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*NUKED* *
Lord ?okar
*NUKED* *
*NUKED* *
Venus
*NUKED* *
D?W?R
1st Prime of Apophis

Isn't it obvious

GOA'ULD BABY!!!

Old Post 11-13-2002 07:04 PM
D?W?R is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D?W?R Click here to Send D?W?R a Private Message Find more posts by D?W?R Add D?W?R to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote