Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > Stargate Game Announced (no joke)
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
HerbieZ

Thumbs up Stargate Game Announced (no joke)

Hi there, this is my first post for this forum and as was cruising the forum, i noticed the new bit of news wasnt here at all. Those who read PCGAMER magazine (page16) here in the UK will know that a Stargate game is in the works, weither it is SG-1, film or Infinity orientated i don't know. What i do know is that it is a plot-driven RPG made by Epic games, and it is being worked on in coordination with MGM's Stargate effects team, it has multiplayer support and will be officially announced early next year.

Why someone did'nt think of this game before is beyond me because Stargate would make the perfect exploration and shoot em up game when i find out anymore il let you all know.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-07-2002 09:51 PM
HerbieZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HerbieZ Click here to Send HerbieZ a Private Message Visit HerbieZ's homepage! Find more posts by HerbieZ Add HerbieZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MacGyver
Phoenix Foundation?

RPG :\

Old Post 12-07-2002 09:53 PM
MacGyver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MacGyver Click here to Send MacGyver a Private Message Find more posts by MacGyver Add MacGyver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HerbieZ

RPG = ROLE PLAYING GAME

Old Post 12-07-2002 09:57 PM
HerbieZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HerbieZ Click here to Send HerbieZ a Private Message Visit HerbieZ's homepage! Find more posts by HerbieZ Add HerbieZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

YAY!!!!finally! i'm getting PC Gamer, but not for a couple of weeks still i LOVE rpg's, the best kind of game in the world thanks for the news, and welcome!

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 12-07-2002 10:12 PM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HerbieZ

Just think of the stuff possible (this is the imagination bit): All the planets you could travel to, the manual DHD pressing, the G.D.O code typing, the machine gun malp (as seen in an episode with lots of goa'uldies), the goa'uld weapons, actor played cutscenes?(hence the MGM tech crew), death gliding, mother shipping, doing a quake style multiplayer game and seeing Thor zipping past your screen with a staff weapon (my fav), the walking around the SGC in peacetime. MEETING THE CREW???????

Old Post 12-07-2002 10:18 PM
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

OMG, THOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i didn't think of that, I LOVE THOR!!!!!!!!!!

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 12-07-2002 10:19 PM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HerbieZ

Me too, in the next couple of days, im getting my Thor avatar up. Thor is my favorite guy, when this game comes out im gonna mod it so all you meet is thor everywhere. Who knows, maybe you play thor.

Old Post 12-07-2002 10:21 PM
cracnsmash

what issue of PCGamer was this?

Old Post 12-08-2002 01:49 AM
cracnsmash is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cracnsmash Click here to Send cracnsmash a Private Message Find more posts by cracnsmash Add cracnsmash to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

I want them to make a tabletop stargate game....hell they have lord of the rings. give us Stargate gamesworkshop anyday.

Old Post 12-08-2002 01:51 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bikemancs
See you in January

ISSUE OF PCGAMER NEEDED
volume #? issue #?

I will see you next year because that's when I'll be back on. have a merry christmas a Happy New Year and a good holiday for those of you for whom the above does not apply.

ANUBIS you still have to send me your pic!!!!!!! :angry:

Old Post 12-08-2002 03:10 AM
bikemancs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bikemancs Click here to Send bikemancs a Private Message Visit bikemancs's homepage! Find more posts by bikemancs Add bikemancs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MacGyver
Phoenix Foundation?

quote:
Originally posted by HerbieZ
RPG = ROLE PLAYING GAME

Really, I didn't know that
They should have made it into a FPS

Old Post 12-08-2002 04:24 AM
MacGyver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MacGyver Click here to Send MacGyver a Private Message Find more posts by MacGyver Add MacGyver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AaronUV
http://www.the5thrace.com

What about the hard working fans who were working on a SG1 game. why did MGM go behind their back, when they had already asked for the rights?

I mean ill play the SG1 game anyway, but seriously, i would have though MGM more intelligent.

PS: Release the game on XBOX. PS2 sux.

Cheers!

"I'm A 'Gater', If i were a 'Trekkie' i'd be wearing Spock ears"

Old Post 12-08-2002 07:05 AM
AaronUV is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AaronUV Click here to Send AaronUV a Private Message Visit AaronUV's homepage! Find more posts by AaronUV Add AaronUV to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HerbieZ

The edition is the X-mas 2002 magazine and is issue 117. Btw the guy that said bring this out on X-Box i think it will come out on PC first hence it was in the magazine PC gamer.

Old Post 12-08-2002 09:16 AM
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

PS2 doesn't suck! PS2 has GTA!

just went mad around the house looking for my edition of PC Gamer. Read the article. Cool! can't wait. i love RPG's!

Old Post 12-08-2002 12:42 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mac6yver
Ur fate is in my hands...

Can someone please confirm that this is true. Anyone who has the magazine, scan the article and post it here.

Old Post 12-08-2002 01:32 PM
Mac6yver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mac6yver Click here to Send Mac6yver a Private Message Find more posts by Mac6yver Add Mac6yver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote