Gaters.net
Show all 9 posts from this thread on one page

Gaters.net (http://www.gaters.net/index.php)
- General Forum (http://www.gaters.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3)
-- New Poll (http://www.gaters.net/showthread.php?threadid=3069)

Posted by The Ancients on 11-16-2002 08:40 PM:

Was that line supposed to be in there? ***Possible Decent Spoilers***

In the episode Decent there is a scene in which Jack & Sam are trapped in a corridor and the place is rapidly being filled up with water. Anyway Jack says to Jacob/Selmak ?we?ve got some serious shrinkage here? (meaning the cold was affecting his man part) Just look at AT?s face when he says that she sort of laughs a bit. Which suggests to me that RDA just added that line in.

Or am I just imagining the whole thing?

O

You know, there are four hundred billion stars out there, just in our galaxy alone. If only one out of a million of those had planets, and if just one out of a million of those had life, and just one out of a million of those had intelligent life; there would be literally millions of civilizations out there.

So if it's just us, seems like an awful waste of space.

Posted by Jonas on 11-16-2002 08:44 PM:

I think you're imaging it. Carter blushed as I would imagine anyone in a similar situation would. It was a funny line though.

Interesting nick "The Ancients" - not sure how that would work though?!?!? "An Ancient" "The Ancient"...

Posted by Lantash on 11-16-2002 08:48 PM:

I was watching that ep the other day and i think your right. its just something about the look on AT's face when he says it.

Posted by Goa`uld on 11-16-2002 09:12 PM:

Yes it sounds like another out-of-character line RDA would give Jack.

Posted by president doc on 11-16-2002 09:39 PM:

Im sure RDA was referring to his BDU's shrinking.

Posted by Enami on 11-16-2002 10:10 PM:

It is True.AT smile a little,I think that this line wasnt in the script.

Posted by ColJ on 11-17-2002 05:04 AM:

Just another of his witty adlibs He mentioned something on the Leno show yrs ago about his shrinkage after a cold shower .

Posted by Indiana on 11-17-2002 01:24 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Goa`uld
Yes it sounds like another out-of-character line RDA would give Jack.

RDA knows jack well. I think jack would be a very witty jokey person considering his past background as a Juveille delinquent.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Posted by shiloh on 11-17-2002 08:00 PM:

I suspect it's an ad-lib too. You can catch ad-libs a lot by watching the reactions of the other actors - they usually look a little surprised and the timing of their next line is just a hair off. RDA often ad-libs Jacks little quips and a lot of them make the air, from what I've read.