Gaters.net Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 18 posts from this thread on one page

Gaters.net (http://www.gaters.net/index.php)
- General Forum (http://www.gaters.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3)
-- New Poll (http://www.gaters.net/showthread.php?threadid=2996)

Posted by MPH on 11-08-2002 11:31 PM:

Has anyone noticed how good the acting is on SG1!

The way the actors put there own personal touches to the characters makes them come more to life and be more believable. Sometimes you have to wonder if there ad-libbing the whole time.

Posted by president doc on 11-08-2002 11:33 PM:

yeah, especially RDA..I wonder if he actually HAS any lines

Posted by MajorSam on 11-08-2002 11:40 PM:

I know!!! i know sooooo many countless parts that were just made up on the spot by the actors. theyre soooo good!!! especially AT!!!<g>
and yes Pres Doc, so true

BSF
HRADP!!!

Posted by Zak Fox on 11-08-2002 11:49 PM:

They are good actors aren't they.
Aparently they changed Jack's character from the movie to the series just because RDA wouldn't play the kind of Colonel from the film.

Posted by TheOneKEA on 11-08-2002 11:52 PM:

Yeah. I thinl TPTB calls RDA a producer partly because he ad-libs everything and makes it sound incredibly funny as well.

Especially in Allegiance....

Spoiler:

...when Sam went into a huge thing about the reactor and wavelengths and so on, and RDA says "Look, are we gonna make this invisible guy visible?" and when she says yes, goes on to say, "That's all I need to know!"

No NUKAGE yet!

Posted by Zak Fox on 11-08-2002 11:56 PM:

i know the basic principle behind them...
It has something to do with making the words the same color as the background

Edit// Yeh like that.

Posted by Sam fan on 11-09-2002 12:53 AM:

All the actors are great. I don't know how CJ keeps a strait face. Amanda is just great with all thhe techno babble and everythng elce.Rick just cracks me up soooo much.

Posted by Kristy on 11-09-2002 03:50 AM:

Oh yes...very good acting indeed. RDA of course as we all know adds his own touches to it (so damn funny) AT has said in interviews that she actually researches stuff before doing the eps. Everyone on SG-1 does a terrific job imho.

One big thing that I see in Stargate is if you watch their facial expressions and such, especially with sg1 people because they work so well together, you can see that connection there and it is very present in their acting.

lol its also funny if you pay attention to the small things that go on in the background and such. (example: in Serpents Venom when Jacob tells Jack to drive the ship for a minute, well why everyone is focused on Sam, Daniel and Jacob, look in the background and you can see Jack, waving away the mines with his hand) lol thats funny stuff.

Posted by Jaffa on 11-09-2002 04:47 AM:

yeah i think that one of the things that makes the show so attractive to me, is the humor of Rda, and the acting of the rest of the actors, they are very good at what they do

Albert Einstein

Posted by Zweski on 11-09-2002 12:19 PM:

Teal'c

teal'c is becoming more human-like recently.. has anyone noticed? He's even almost smiled a few times recently in season 6!

Posted by Jaffa on 11-09-2002 12:25 PM:

and hes finally learning to tell some funny jokes

Albert Einstein

Posted by Enami on 11-09-2002 12:46 PM:

they are fantastics!I think that they enjoy playin their characteres.RDA is sooooo funny,and AT transmits very feelins with her eyes....and CJ is wonderful,that expression in his face..it is impenetrable.

Posted by dr.taz on 11-09-2002 01:58 PM:

with the increasing amount of shows\films with abismal acting, it's nice to see something so good

Posted by president doc on 11-09-2002 02:02 PM:

Which would mean CN can take a mixtuer of tealcs old role and Jacksons old role if he does come back.

Just sometimes I think the funny O'naill is played a little too much.

Posted by Venus on 11-10-2002 12:53 PM:

I won't really think the acting is that great until I've seen them acting in another role which is completely different. then I can appreciate the personal touches they put in.