Gaters.net Pages (13): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Show all 188 posts from this thread on one page

Gaters.net (http://www.gaters.net/index.php)
- Schedules and Air Dates (http://www.gaters.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=6)
-- New Poll (http://www.gaters.net/showthread.php?threadid=2478)

Posted by nug on 08-22-2002 09:44 AM:

ch7, AGAIN

Not to rehash old threads....but my goodness...they finally start making some decent promos (the one for Menace next week was quite good imo), and then they go and do this.
Did anyone else notice that they clipped the fight scene from The Warrior tonight?!?!? Augh! The action finally starts and all of a sudden Jack and Carter are cringing, and Katano is all 'hawhaw is that all you've got' and we never saw Teal'c take that hit....what the hell. They showed the training dudes smacking each other up but they clip this? BAH

Posted by Venus on 08-22-2002 10:06 AM:

Watersheds? What time was it shown?

Posted by Jaffa, Kree! on 08-22-2002 10:27 AM:

GAH!! i missed it tonight, but mark my words i will be checking it frame by frame.. why cut out the very best bit????? trim the lead ins, but not the middle of a scene!!!! fookers!!!

Posted by nug on 08-22-2002 10:49 AM:

Watersheds?
SG-1 is on at 7:30pm Thursday nights here. Promoted as a family action show imo, but I only remember them clipping something else out once - in Demons when Jack shoots the guy at the end..you dont see him get shot, just hear the shots and all of a sudden the guy's lying on the floor *snort*

Mind you ch7's clipping looks bloody good compared to the way ch9 chop up frasier eps...oooh let's cut this bit about sex here....cut these lines there...chopchopchopchopsnipsnipsnip.

Posted by Jaffa, Kree! on 08-22-2002 11:38 AM:

i didn't think of that...
but.... its a PG-M military based show... HOW ABOUT SHOWING IT AT 8:30PM YOU FREAKING ASS;KUGJDSAF;t ;ksfjdbkl agklajgdsaf;kjdsah.....

*deep breath*

they still shouldnt have cut it.

Posted by Druid on 08-22-2002 11:32 PM:

Exclamation

Yes I really thought that editing was stupid. And they've done it before, as Nug commented, in that 'Demons' scene, and also in 'The Serpent's Lair' when Danny is toasted we don't get to see his frizzled body, and also in 'Spirits' when the Salish arrow pierces O'Neill's shoulder, it comes through the glass and he is knowcked down, then we just see him cringing and saying "Oh my God" but never the wound.

Two things they didn't edit out of the series that I thought they would have were the nude scenes in COTG and Jack's profanitous "That's bullshit" in 'Within the Serpent's Grasp'.

SPOILERS
#
#
#
#
#
#
#

Just a last question - what was it that Yu wanted to show Teal'c that was so dramatic? And why did Yu let Teal'c go to warn everybody about the attack?

Posted by guessed on 08-22-2002 11:59 PM:

i'd been thinking about yu myself... could it be to spread the word of his power (if he just killed everyone from orbit then no one would fear him)???

could he be just a big softie at heart??

tok'ra??? (many have said that before i know)
hey, IF a tok'ra spy did somehow manage to kill a system lord (the symbiote) could the spy then drop himself in the system lord HOST and continue to rule????

ok, ok, ok i'll stop drinking coffee before posting =)

Posted by chameleon on 08-23-2002 09:24 AM:

PRICKS. I WILL AVENG THEM I WILL.

Posted by Minerva on 08-24-2002 01:01 AM:

oh bloody hell yes, wtf? when tealc landed on the ground with noone hitting him down???????

Posted by chameleon on 08-24-2002 01:20 AM:

Thank god I have it on disc. And here i was telling all my friends that theres a good fight scene in it.

Posted by Mac on 08-24-2002 10:03 PM:

Just a quick guess.

You guys don't like Channel 7?

Posted by Shaneo on 08-24-2002 11:44 PM:

How could anoyone like a channel sponsored by AOL..

Posted by Jaffa, Kree! on 08-25-2002 01:20 AM:

slightly channel 7 bitching realted - watching 24, wondering if the chick was dead, and *gasp* they show a preview of next weeks lineup - and give away the ending of 24, and that she was still alive.

at least its good to know its not just SG-1 they give away the plot to.

Posted by Venus on 08-25-2002 09:30 AM:

Does Ch 7 know how unpopular it is? Why doesn't it try and change?

Posted by Minerva on 08-25-2002 10:14 AM:

well they have to know they're unpopular, its in the papers at least. SMH likes making fun of seven, always saying they must boost their popularity and comparing ratings with other channels.

but anyway, about Menace, the promo was annoying though, the point of the episode wasnt "Oh crap the replicators are back" its "Oh we've found a girl who could be the saviour from the replicators."