Gaters.net Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »
Show all 36 posts from this thread on one page

Gaters.net (http://www.gaters.net/index.php)
- General Forum (http://www.gaters.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3)
-- New Poll (http://www.gaters.net/showthread.php?threadid=3304)

Posted by alex8472 on 12-13-2002 10:24 AM:

will the asgard ever die

well will they die???

Posted by missile on 12-13-2002 01:12 PM:

one day, YES

Posted by Jaffa on 12-13-2002 02:09 PM:

well i hope not, but most likely yes they will, they just have to get their affairs in order, then they are gone

Albert Einstein

Posted by Kamakazi Casper on 12-13-2002 05:32 PM:

Nah, why would they?

If you want to be pedantic, then, yes they will in god knows how many years. But in the Stargate universe? Nope.

She hitched a ride to misery

Posted by dr.taz on 12-13-2002 09:33 PM:

i suppose everything dies sometime, but i think the asgard'll be round for a long time

Posted by Lord Yu on 12-15-2002 09:42 AM:

Yes they will. In one of the episodes where Thor went up against Osiris. Thor lost. With anubis bringing new technology to the goa'uld rule, they should be able to take down even the Asgard.

Noone will survive the wrath of Lord ﻷu!

Posted by Charlie Carter on 12-15-2002 10:52 AM:

I don't want them to die, but they probably will clone themselves into extinction.

Bovine Revolutionary No. 23 || Gater || Serious Manic || Amateur Agony Aunt || Love child of Legolas and Venus

Posted by Enami on 12-15-2002 12:56 PM:

I believe that yes, although is a race very outpost they have lost the survival instinct.Like said my teacher of Animal Physiology,
when the species specializes too much, they become more vulnerable to the threats.(Replicators,Anubis....)

Posted by Charlie Carter on 12-15-2002 12:58 PM:

yeah, maybe they should just go back to the 'old ways' and then they can SAVE THEMSELVES!!! YAY! But maybe they don't know how...

Bovine Revolutionary No. 23 || Gater || Serious Manic || Amateur Agony Aunt || Love child of Legolas and Venus

Posted by Enami on 12-15-2002 01:07 PM:

Yes,the point is how.... They are not able to think like O'neill or Carter.Maybe they are their salvation.

Posted by MajorSam on 12-15-2002 08:50 PM:

not in our lifetimes!

BSF
HRADP!!!

Posted by dr.taz on 12-16-2002 01:34 PM:

i think that when anubis defeated thor it was cos thor wasn't expecting anubis to have all that new tech. I doubt that the goa'uld could ever wipe 'em out, esp since

Spoiler:
the replicators aren't as big a threat

nah, the only way they could die is if they can't find a solution to their cloning problem.

Posted by Sergeant Mick on 12-16-2002 10:04 PM:

Why the hell would you write them out?? They're as old as human civilisation itself!!!

Posted by Lord Yu on 12-17-2002 09:45 AM:

Well for those of you who believe the Asgard will die. Who do you think causes their demise?

Noone will survive the wrath of Lord ﻷu!

Posted by alex8472 on 12-17-2002 10:52 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Sergeant Mick
Why the hell would you write them out?? They're as old as human civilisation itself!!!

and abit older which is why they are way more advanced
yes i must agree thor was not ewxpecting anubis to have that good tech and he was in an old style ship aswell
the new owns kick ass and anubis rrealised it at the end of revelations because he did a runner the little chicken