Gaters.net Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 23 posts from this thread on one page

Gaters.net (http://www.gaters.net/index.php)
- In-Depth Discussions (http://www.gaters.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- New Poll (http://www.gaters.net/showthread.php?threadid=3279)

Posted by _.:?nubis:._ on 12-11-2002 12:32 AM:

Az'gard Physiology

This is a splinter thread, the topic is whether the az'gard have multi chambered brains. IMHO if the az'gard were going to GM themselves i think they would have given themselves multi-chambered brains, that would make them much better at advanced mathematics and also increase the ability to learn. The physical evidence i have to support this is that Thor has a cranial ridge which if u follow it, leads into two partially separated lobes.

Posted by Anudist on 12-11-2002 06:31 AM:

thats pretty well observed, did you know the Asgard have the same physical appearance too?

Posted by TheOneKEA on 12-11-2002 11:14 AM:

I haven't seen many of the Asgard episodes, but I've always wondered how they were able to walk easily on those thin legs. They appear to be adapted to a lower gravity than most Tau'ri worlds, and while Thor has held up in the eps I've seen so far, in Unnatural Selection he's in a chair.

What do y'all think?

No NUKAGE yet!

Posted by Roy on 12-11-2002 03:35 PM:

Maybe the chair is actually a SuperChair. It has a naquada reactor and some really cool weapons all a button click away.

Posted by Charlie Carter on 12-11-2002 09:00 PM:

I think the chair is actually the source of their intelligence. Their gigantic brains are stored in the chair and they retrieve the info via a radio-type link in the head.
Mwah ha! I have a theory at last!

Bovine Revolutionary No. 23 || Gater || Serious Manic || Amateur Agony Aunt || Love child of Legolas and Venus

Posted by dr.taz on 12-11-2002 09:17 PM:

he walked in small victories when he cam through the gate. Seemed to manage well in earth's gravity then. Although a leetle slow

Posted by _.:?nubis:._ on 12-12-2002 12:57 AM:

Get back on topic people :@. The chair means nothing save the fact that Thor finds it comfortable.

Posted by Venus on 12-12-2002 08:11 AM:

Do we have multichambered brains? Are you talking about hemispheres and stuff? (Is that the word?? ) What 'lifeforms' do and don't have multichambered brains? And doesn't it depend on the form of tech the Asgard have? I mean, why don't they also program in a non-aging factor as well? (Think they might've, actually. )

Posted by Charlie Carter on 12-12-2002 07:02 PM:

I didn't think that we had layers to our brains...

Venus: I am also freezing cold... so very cold...

Bovine Revolutionary No. 23 || Gater || Serious Manic || Amateur Agony Aunt || Love child of Legolas and Venus

Posted by _.:?nubis:._ on 12-12-2002 10:36 PM:

Spoilers for Season Five Episode Revelations included in this paragraph

Spoiler:
Good question Venus, we have a central brain cavity inside our skull, where as certain insects have more then one cavity, or to give a more visible example, the Ferengii on startrek have multi chambered brains, well if the az'gard have caused themselves to become incapable of reproduction it may also be possible that the reason that this happened is because they attempted to stop ageing.

Posted by _.:?nubis:._ on 12-15-2002 04:04 AM:

Ooops, my bad, that was a spoiler for revelations. My bad. sorry about that.

Posted by Lord ?okar on 12-16-2002 01:13 AM:

quote:
Spoiler:
Good question Venus, we have a central brain cavity inside our skull, where as certain insects have more then one cavity, or to give a more visible example, the Ferengii on startrek have multi chambered brains, well if the az'gard have caused themselves to become incapable of reproduction it may also be possible that the reason that this happened is because they attempted to stop ageing.

A more visible example would be a creature that actually exists. I thought you were basing you multi-chamber thing on something real.

Thread credibility has just dropped several points.

Posted by _.:?nubis:._ on 12-16-2002 02:32 AM:

Your post in no way contributes to the discussion, the visible example was given not to you, and i would thank u not be foolish about your posts.
Leaving in civility, lord anubis ignores the last post.

Posted by Lord ?okar on 12-16-2002 06:06 AM:

Your post in no way contributes to the discussion
Sure it does. I'll ask it a differnt way:

Do you have any evidence of this phenomenon that is either from SG-1 or in real life?

Posted by _.:?nubis:._ on 12-18-2002 01:37 AM:

Hmm, if want an example u do give an expample i can, has anyone seen deep blue sea? The movie where some nerds GM a shark, when they gm that shark they give it a multi chambered brain, not multiple brains, other wise it would be a collective organism and do i really need evidence to suggest something might exist?