Gaters.net
Show all 11 posts from this thread on one page

Gaters.net (http://www.gaters.net/index.php)
- Fan Fiction (http://www.gaters.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=7)
-- New Poll (http://www.gaters.net/showthread.php?threadid=3267)

Posted by Trucker on 12-09-2002 01:47 PM:

Astarte

Has she turned up in Stargate? I have not seen that many episodes - don't have cable. I just bought season 1 & 2 dvd sets though.

Anyway, does she have tv history or is she nice and open for gratuitous fanfic usage?

Posted by Venus on 12-09-2002 01:52 PM:

She's not been in any episode, don't think she's even been mentioned, so yes, up for fanfic usage.

Posted by Trucker on 12-09-2002 01:54 PM:

Great! Thanks a lot.

*throws in an evil laugh and some chin stroking for good measure*

Posted by Venus on 12-09-2002 01:57 PM:

You gonna post it here when it's done?

Posted by Trucker on 12-09-2002 01:59 PM:

Sure, if thats okay. I've not done Stargate fics before, though I've done some A-team and Harry Potter. Seperately. I'm not sure the world could cope with that kind of crossover.

Posted by Venus on 12-09-2002 02:47 PM:

That's fine, and if it's not too shippy, I'll likely read it too. I wrote an Astarte one a few years ago, but it's so crap, I'm not even gonna consider posting it up. Any idea how long it'll take you to write? Are you going to consider the mythology?

Posted by Trucker on 12-09-2002 05:24 PM:

*l* I think it'd be remiss of me to not consider the mythology. Good background is essential to a story, I feel.

Astarte was supposedly a wife of the god Seth. I figured it Seth was still on earth, she might be too.

Posted by Trucker on 12-09-2002 05:28 PM:

I'm still researching though. How long it will take depends on work. I have the kind of job that some days I get los of free time and others none. I'd rather write a good story than a quick one.

Posted by Venus on 12-09-2002 06:12 PM:

I totally agree. Though if you do a bit more mythology research, you might wanna also include Anat in your story. And the whole reason why Astarte was his wife. Though I suppose then, it'd just become a retelling of the myth. She could be a Tok'ra or something?

And btw, if you're gonna post in the same thread as you did a few mins ago, you might wanna edit rather than double post. (Check here for clarification)

Posted by Trucker on 12-10-2002 10:46 AM:

Ah, thanks. I'm used to posting on ezboards - the edit option is on the left.

Posted by Venus on 12-10-2002 11:20 AM:

lol, no prob, think that's the first time I've actually been thanked for pointing out the edit button.

Anyway, look forward to reading it, good luck with writing it!