Gaters.net Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 17 posts from this thread on one page

Gaters.net (http://www.gaters.net/index.php)
- Schedules and Air Dates (http://www.gaters.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=6)
-- New Poll (http://www.gaters.net/showthread.php?threadid=2230)

Posted by shiloh on 08-10-2002 05:28 AM:

Need US viewers input

I need some feedback from my fellow yanks on this board (all 10 of you...)

Every blessed week I've had a transmission interruption during either Farscape, Stargate, or both. During Allegiance it happened during the 9pm airing, and the picture greyed out during the scene were

Spoiler:
they found the first tok'ra dead -- it went dark as the camera approached the body, and cleared up in time to see O'Neill's reaction

This could be one of 3 things - my local cable broadcasters, AT&T Bloodsuckers; it could be the SciFi Channel's west coast satellite transmission cutting out, or it could be SciFi's total handling of the show. Only by hearing from those of you in other time zones can I nail down just who is going to get the blistering letter from me.

Please let me know what time zone you're in and if it happened to you (and whether you watched the 9pm or the 11pm airing). I suspect it's my cable company, but I need to be sure.

Please let me know - thanks in advance.

Posted by Rithmah on 08-11-2002 12:07 AM:

Shiloh-
I'm in Central Time, and I watched both the 8pm and 10pm (here) shows. I did not notice any blackout, fading, or any other interrupted transmission.
I think it IS your cable company....
Damn dirty bastards...

I have a Vespa and two cats!

Posted by Sam K on 08-11-2002 08:17 PM:

I didn't notice any fades either, I saw it 9:00 EST.

Posted by Otis on 08-12-2002 04:32 AM:

Shiloh, I taped both eps-- east and west coast feeds and had no outages on either. I'd look at your local cable.

Posted by shiloh on 08-12-2002 04:28 PM:

Thanks, that nails it!!! ATT Bloodsuckers are getting one nasty letter from me --- and LOL, they're up for renewal of their cable franchise, so my city council is getting included in the blister letter too. They're going to need asbestos gloves to open the envelope.

Posted by Lee on 08-12-2002 07:24 PM:

I also saw no blackout that I remember.

Posted by Kristy on 08-12-2002 08:57 PM:

I did not see any blackout or fading during either viewing of the episode.

Posted by pcgrafix on 09-01-2002 10:58 PM:

Cool

I had no problems in Chicago I also have AT&T They are to busy screwing my internet connection to worry about messin with the TV

Posted by ArcChaser on 09-01-2002 11:58 PM:

Shiloh,

I occasionally had problems w/ loss of audio when the show was on Showtime. I have a satellite and it would happen during both the east and west coast feeds. I never figured out if it was Dish or Sho. Probably a little of both. I don't recall any problems since the swich to Sci-Fi, but I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Posted by shiloh on 09-03-2002 09:28 PM:

Thanks, all. Sent the blister letters out on a Monday, and gee guess what -- *no* problems during the following Friday's Prometheus or that night's Farscape. Coincidence? I think *not*.

Posted by Mac6yver on 11-03-2002 05:01 PM:

Shiloh, where do you live? I live in Ohio and have Time Warner cable. I get this fade in and out thing on Sci-Fi. Its weird, its only the Sci-Fi channel. My friends get it too. They say it comes in crappy for them and they live on the other side of town. But heres the weird part, my bed room TV gets it perfect, but when I try to watch on my Big Screen it comes in terrible.

Posted by TheOneKEA on 11-03-2002 11:02 PM:

I live in Maryland. I watch the Monday Stargates, the Friday Stargate and the Sat/Sun Stargate at either 6pm Sat, 9pm Sat, or 5pm Sun (I think). I saw no blackouts or failures either. (This is all on Sci-Fi on Adelphia, BTW).

Although the video quality leaves something to be desired.....

No NUKAGE yet!

Posted by Jaffa on 11-04-2002 01:30 PM:

yea i watch the same as TheOneKEA and i never saw anything,and im in VA

Albert Einstein

Posted by shiloh on 11-05-2002 04:35 PM:

I'm in LA on ATT Bloodsucker Cable.

The problem was happening during the season 6 epis naturally, those were the ones I'm taping - so far it hasn't happened during the repeats.

(Sorry ya'all lost on Saturday Jaffa -- well, maybe not since my team moved into the top ten - though probably not for long ...)

Posted by Jaffa on 11-13-2002 04:17 AM:

what u dissing the Hookies, thats it ur dead

Albert Einstein