Gaters.net Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Show all 48 posts from this thread on one page

Gaters.net (http://www.gaters.net/index.php)
- Moderator Forum (http://www.gaters.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=9)
-- New Poll (http://www.gaters.net/showthread.php?threadid=2587)

Posted by Indiana on 09-25-2002 09:28 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Rhydderch Hael
Wouldn't work. Even if he was kind enough to include the screenshot of the entire page, it would still be a picture of written text. It would be all too easy for him to go into something as simple as MS Paint, copy and paste one person's name over the line that identifies the current user.

I dont think he would be that clever to think we would guess he was posting uner an alias.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Posted by Goa`uld on 09-25-2002 11:08 PM:

hmm if you look at the "dots" on the folders, you'll see Indiana has replied to all those threads, and the ones without dots Indiana has not replied to...
did Bose-Einstein use your computer Indiana?

Posted by nug on 09-25-2002 11:11 PM:

quote:
I dont think he would be that clever to think we would guess he was posting uner an alias

Clever enough to hack in but not clever enough to cover his tracks?

quote:
I dont think this is a laughing matter, to be honest.

For the record, I was snorting with laughter at my lack of surprise....not at the fact someone hacked in.

As for using a mod's account, wouldn't they notice. And not just that, but he doesn't appear to be doing it maliciously...otherwise why would he reveal himself. Not that it makes it ok.

Posted by The Keeper on 09-26-2002 01:18 AM:

quote:
hmm if you look at the "dots" on the folders, you'll see Indiana has replied to all those threads, and the ones without dots Indiana has not replied to...

I think that is what Mac was pointing out.

quote:
Clever enough to hack in but not clever enough to cover his tracks?

Actually his Maxine account was showing up under a similar IP as his Thomas Ward account. Unfortunatly most of the British members of this forum have showed up under a similar IP so it's impossible to tell which would be his accounts. Perhaps all UK Internet traffic is being directed through the same hosts somehow, making it also impossible to thoroughly ban Thomas without banning a dozen legitimate UK members.

Posted by Indiana on 09-26-2002 09:36 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Goa`uld
did Bose-Einstein use your computer Indiana?

Yes. When he was in my house.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Posted by Mac on 09-26-2002 09:42 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by The Keeper
I think that is what Mac was pointing out.

I'm with nug on it actually, I was laughing my head off when I heard, not because its just so funny but because it was obviously gonna happen, and then there was loads of outrage, as if people couldn't see it coming!

Posted by Indiana on 09-26-2002 09:56 AM:

I just don't see the point in doing it. Yeah man wwhen I was young and rebellious I hacked into Gaters.net. Oh yeah you da man Thomas you d f**king man!

Posted by nug on 09-26-2002 09:58 AM:

*nods* been going on for a while I reckon.
What I can't figure out is why whoever did it would expose themselves.

Posted by Indiana on 09-26-2002 10:02 AM:

I changed my password btw just incase someone had mine. But Keeper, please stop accusing me of giving images to Bose or Thomas because its beginning to annoy me now, wheras before it didn't

Posted by oFFaL on 09-26-2002 10:05 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Indiana
Yes. When he was in my house.

Forgive me if I've missed something, but doesn't this answer the question? Bose hit Print-Screen while using your computer, slapped it into a photoshop-type program, saved it, e-mailed it to himself or ftp'd it straight to that site and hey-presto? Or were you being sarcastic in that comment that he used your computer?

Keeper, forgive me because it's been a while since I've used VBulletin but can't you track logs of private forums to see all the activity and see who has accessed it?

To be honest, I think we have to admit it was Indiana's account that was used. Not saying you're responsible, but if a normal user had access to a moderators account...Then I can see why he would do something like that.

Posted by Indiana on 09-26-2002 10:08 AM:

The screenshot was at least taken on the 20th of september. Bose was on my computer sometime back in august/early september. He didnt do it anytime lately. He was in my house on saturday, but he was just in to collect money. He wasn't alone and there was no way he could have printed screen or did anything to save it as a gif in the time he looked at my monitor, for which he only looked at a webpage not related to Stargate or Gaters in anyway.

Posted by Goa`uld on 09-26-2002 10:12 AM:

you've previously said people have come to the forum and found themselves logged in as you... perhaps that's what happened?
maybe he was logged in as you, but couldn't post?

Posted by oFFaL on 09-26-2002 10:15 AM:

He could have copied your gaters.net cookie, put it on his computer, and when you weren't on - bang - login as you, take a screenie of the moderator forum, logout...Done.

Posted by Indiana on 09-26-2002 06:37 PM:

He could have but for what reason?

I find Goa'ulds explanation more likely as I've had experience of being logged in as Kamakazi Casper on occassion. But then again just because my post was the last one does not mean he was in my account. For all we know it could have been anyones account.

Posted by Goa`uld on 09-26-2002 08:19 PM:

there is no doubt the pic is taken from your account.... unless he sat there photoshopping the icons trying to frame you