Gaters.net Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Show all 126 posts from this thread on one page

Gaters.net (http://www.gaters.net/index.php)
- General Forum (http://www.gaters.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3)
-- New Poll (http://www.gaters.net/showthread.php?threadid=3345)

Posted by stargatefan2002 on 05-10-2002 09:36 AM:

who is ur favourite goa'uld

who is ur favourite goa'uld character

Mine's Sokar. who is by far the best

Posted by O'Neill on 05-10-2002 09:41 AM:

Hey Sokar was great but ive always loved Apophis man. Reasons:

Hes a real bad guy! Hes got some really evil plans!

Hes got the voice! that accent just does it for me i feel a bit scared when he says "Tau'ri Kree!".

The eyes are cool they look like there about to pop out of his head!!!!

He also looks really demeaning hes good at looking down at people! Like when he comes on a communications ball and looks around at nothing in particular.

Hes the best although i love all the baddies!

Posted by Kamakazi Casper on 05-10-2002 05:41 PM:

Here we go.

Mine's Osiris, she's the only one with brains. And she kicks ass

She hitched a ride to misery

Posted by puddykat on 05-10-2002 07:21 PM:

apophois

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Posted by Venus on 05-10-2002 08:22 PM:

Why can no-one evar spell his name right?? And I don't have a fave, I love them all.

Posted by Indiana on 05-10-2002 09:44 PM:

Terok! He was craaaaazzzzzzyyyyyyyyy.

It's a toss up between him or Ra.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Posted by Venus on 05-10-2002 10:54 PM:

Oh Ra, totally, I have no clue as to who Terok was. I only like the Goa'uld's with attitude...

Posted by puddykat on 05-11-2002 07:51 AM:

i think hes the one who tortured teal'c

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Posted by shiloh on 05-12-2002 01:49 AM:

Tannith, I loved Tannith. He was so soft spoken, so quietly threatening, not given to the bombast of the others.

Of the new crew (from Last Summit), I liked Baal, I'd like to see him again.

Posted by chameleon on 05-12-2002 02:00 AM:

Sokar

Posted by Rhydderch Hael on 05-12-2002 04:15 AM:

Someone has got to say it...

Yu da' man!

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Posted by Venus on 05-12-2002 10:32 AM:

LOL RH, though I still don't see him as anyone special.

And Baal!! Yes!! Loved him!! (Might have something to do with that he reminded me of Aragorn from LOTR?)

Spoiler for Last Stand/Summit
Am immensly glad they didn't kill all those Goa'uld off in Summit/LS, that would really have sucked, and I want to see more of them!!

Posted by kiya on 05-12-2002 12:17 PM:

Anubis - because we don't know much about him yet and how powerful he is/will be; plus I loved his face, or lack of it.

Tannith was also good as a Goa'uld. They always use British actors or American actors speaking with English accents to play bad guys and I've always thought that it's really quite effective. What is it about the English accent? Why does it sound so menacing?

Posted by Adonis on 05-12-2002 01:10 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by kiya
Tannith was also good as a Goa'uld. They always use British actors or American actors speaking with English accents to play bad guys and I've always thought that it's really quite effective. What is it about the English accent? Why does it sound so menacing?
The world sees Americans and Canadians as somewhat naieve in comparison to the stalwart and gentlemanly Brits. The British have an awful lot more heraldic history than the Americans (a rather young nation by comparison). Furthermore, the British accent is usually delivered well in such a manner as to inspire an air of authority without needing to back it up with action. Oh, and it is usually delivered without any "degradation" of the language. Someone who makes good use of language is someone very careful, perhaps cunning. Hmm, lost my train of thought...

Posted by Indiana on 05-12-2002 03:30 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Venus
LOL RH, though I still don't see him as anyone special.

And Baal!! Yes!! Loved him!! (Might have something to do with that he reminded me of Aragorn from LOTR?)

Baal? was he one of the Goa'uld that took part in the Summit meeting? And he reminds you of Viggo Mortenson?

quote:
Oh Ra, totally, I have no clue as to who Terok was. I only like the Goa'uld's with attitude...

Terok was a minor Goa'uld under the Rule of Heu'Ur who was assigned to Torture Teal'c and get him to admit the Goa'uld are all powerful and that he was wrong to turn against him. If you watch the episode "The Serpents Venom" you shall see Terok. Watch him! The character is absoloutely crazy. A wonderful performance. He is a prime example of what a Goa'uld should be like. He has these manic eyes. He has friggen attitude.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."